Jauque

Gardasil

83 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

In my searches I came to know that Gardasil is a requirment for my age group on the vaccine list. I googled it and the first thing to come up is gardasil linked to so many deaths, teenager paralyzed etc.

I got the vaccination list of the medical clinic website so I assume that it's legitimatly required but I see that its not a routine vaccine for Canadians or Americans, what gives?

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
In my searches I came to know that Gardasil is a requirment for my age group on the vaccine list. I googled it and the first thing to come up is gardasil linked to so many deaths, teenager paralyzed etc.

I got the vaccination list of the medical clinic website so I assume that it's legitimatly required but I see that its not a routine vaccine for Canadians or Americans, what gives?

i dont know but it scares me ...i dont want that vaccine...and it cost 500$

its a vaccine to protect agains VPH a virus that cause numerous uterine cancer for women...and VPH (french name) and its a virus that you get from just skin to skin contact

Edited by Ebrech N Persona

Process took us 1 year and 5 month from I-129F to Green Card

*09-??-2006* Met online @ world of warcraft

*~3 years later*

*01-??-2009* Relationship started

*03-01-2009* Went to see him 1 week

*03-05-2009* We got engaged

*04-06-2009* Sent I-129F

*04-07-2009* I-129F received at USCIS (California)

*04-09-2009* NOA1 received

*04-17-2009* He came to see me that weekend

*05-30-2009* He came visit me for 1 week

*07-01-2009* Still waiting the Noa2

*07-17-2009* OMG IT GOT TOUCH!! XD

*07-20-2009* Got the Noa2 without trouble!

*08-14-2009* Went to see him 2 week!

*08-18-2009* Got the packet 3!

*09-08-2009* sent Pack 3

*10-27-2009* Packet 4 received!

*11-06-2009* Gone for 1 week to see my baby

*11-20-2009* Medical at medisys + Police certificate

*12-01-2009* INTERVIEW Passed!! success!

*01-08-2010* Big Move ^^

*01-09-2010* Wedding

*02-26-2010* Filling for AoS

*03-10-2010* NOA

*03-30-2010* Biometrics taken

*09-24-2010* AOS Aproval

*I did not request my EAD or AP

*We did not get an interview

*09-30-2010* Green Card in hand!

Timeline

It was new as of January 2008. It is mandatory in order to immigrate, but there is nowhere in the US or in Canada that they've made it mandatory for anyone to get the shot. It is very unfortunate that it is mandatory to have any kind of vaccines if you don't want them, but in order to immigrate, you have no choice. It is my opinion that it is a matter of the pharmaceutical companies making money off of immigrants, which is too bad. I'm sorry that you've got to go through this.

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can file a waiver to get around it, but it adds to your timeline and might not be approved.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline
You can file a waiver to get around it, but it adds to your timeline and might not be approved.

What kind of waiver and is it contingent on anything (ie. known medical isues with vaccines)?

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Timeline

What kind of waiver and is it contingent on anything (ie. known medical isues with vaccines)?

i don't remember the exact type. I know you can get a blanket waiver if you have an issue with all vaccines for medical reasons or whatever, but theres one specifically for not wanting to take a specific vaccine based on a moral standing. I'm not sure how many times its approved, I know of one case on VJ that was, dont remember where it was posted though, that did get approved. Added about 3 months to their wait. Now that said I would recommend speaking to your doctor about the vaccine. The internet, while having a lot of good resources, also has a lot of over exagerations about a lot of things. Some doctors are leary on it, others promote it. All vaccines have a risk associated with them, even the ones you are given as an infant. The reason this vaccine is manditory for all immigrants is because it is recommended for all females in the states. Its not manditory to get down there but as soon as it is recommended that the general populice received the vaccine, it becomes needed by immigrants.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

If you search in this forum for Gardysil, you might come up with a lengthly thread that was started here some time ago. As well, another VJ'er from Canada that refused to get the vaccine, and was going to ask for a waiver. That poster never came back to tell us how they fared however. I think while a few people don't want to get it, the thought of NOT getting through the immigration process, or having it held up, helped them decide to just do it anyway. There are lots of people who as well waited until they were 27, a lot of people will also say that the risks are minimal. I've never heard of the earlier posters comment about "skin-to-skin"??

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Multiple threads on this form about this topic.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

i don't remember the exact type. I know you can get a blanket waiver if you have an issue with all vaccines for medical reasons or whatever, but theres one specifically for not wanting to take a specific vaccine based on a moral standing. I'm not sure how many times its approved, I know of one case on VJ that was, dont remember where it was posted though, that did get approved. Added about 3 months to their wait. Now that said I would recommend speaking to your doctor about the vaccine. The internet, while having a lot of good resources, also has a lot of over exagerations about a lot of things. Some doctors are leary on it, others promote it. All vaccines have a risk associated with them, even the ones you are given as an infant. The reason this vaccine is manditory for all immigrants is because it is recommended for all females in the states. Its not manditory to get down there but as soon as it is recommended that the general populice received the vaccine, it becomes needed by immigrants.

Thanks for the info, it's true the thought of adding time to my wait is hard to take but so is the thought of being paralyzed. I made an appointment at the regional health centre to talk to someone and potentially get the vaccine.

I too rationalize how the internet isn't reliable for getting an accurate idea of whats 'actually' going on. Wish me luck!

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Timeline

the age bar for this is actually 26 in the states, for me i will have to get one shot and then i wont have to get any others bcause i will be passed the age apropriate bar by the time AOS is filed, kind of an unfortunate waste of money considering one shot costs 165$

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Thanks for the info, it's true the thought of adding time to my wait is hard to take but so is the thought of being paralyzed. I made an appointment at the regional health centre to talk to someone and potentially get the vaccine.

I too rationalize how the internet isn't reliable for getting an accurate idea of whats 'actually' going on. Wish me luck!

Please let us know what you find out, and your decision. Good luck!

carlahmsb4.gif

Please let us know what you find out, and your decision. Good luck!

Definitely let us know what you find out.

I was so lucky with this as I went for my medical right after my 27th birthday. I missed getting it by mere days.

I think it's such ####### that they are forcing people to do this. I completely agree with theAteam about it being a money grab by drug companies from people immigrating into the country.

Best of luck, I'm so sorry you have to go through this :(

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Not just a money grab, but a definite field test using vulnerable subjects. I think it's disgusting.

You said it sister. It makes me want to hurl.

I just love the commercial too...

"I'm getting my daughter vaccinated because the CDC recommends that girls her age get vaccinated" :blink:

Oh really?

HMMM someone just tells you you should get it done so you do it, no questions asked? GOLLY GEE! :dead:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.