jessie1970

OK SO CAN I STAY IN US OR DO I HAVE TO RETURN HOME

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

OK, THINK IM GETTING HANG OF ALL THIS PLEASE BARE WITH ME AND SEND ME A MESSAGE ID BE SO GRATEFUL..... MY FIANCEE IS A US CITIZEN LIVES IN OHIO IM BRITISH LIVE IN UK.........NOW IS IT REALLY WRONG IF WE MARRY WHEN IM NEXT THERE IN AUG AND THEN GO DOWN THE SPOUSAL VISA ROUTE ? I WANT TO LIVE IN US NOT STEVE HERE ......?? WE WERE GONNA APPLY FOR FIANCEE VISA AND WAIT BUT WOULD RATHER BE MAN AND WIFE?? WILL IT GO AGAINST US THAT WE WILL HAVE TO LIVE SEPERATLEY?? AM I ALLOWED TO COME HOME GET MY STUFF AND DAUGHTER AND MOVE BACK TO US AWAITING SPOUSAL APPROVAL??? WE REALLY CANT SEEM TO FIND OUT WHATS THE RIGHT THING/WRONG THING WHAT WILL MAKE OUR LIVES WORSE ETC ETC WHEN ALL WE WANT TO DO IS BE TOGETHER?? HELP[ PLEASE JESSIE.... I HAVE NO ONE ELSE TO TALK TO AS NEITHER OF US KNOWS ANYONE ELSE BEEN THROUGH THIS PROCESS WE HAVE KNOWN EACH OTHER 11 YEARS AND AFTER JUST BEING GIVEN THE ALL CLEAR THAT I DONT HAVE CANCER BACK WE JUST DONT WANT ANY MORE TIME APART LIFE IS TOO SHORT AND PRECIOUS XXXX ANY NEW FRIENDS VERY APPRECIATED CAUSE RIGHT NOW AM PULLING HAIR OUT AS BACK IN AUG AND WE WOULD LOVE TO MARRY THEN X

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

Packing up all your and your daughters things will get you turned away at POE. That is a big red flag that your intentions are to immigrate here. You are breaking the law to come here with the intention to marry and that could bite you in the butt later. Trust me its not going to kill you if you have to wait overseas for your visa. There is also the plan to take your daughter out of the UK without her fathers permission. That is called kidnapping. Dont dig yourself into big problems just because your needy and need to be with your soon to be husband....as u said, life is too short to make stupid mistakes.

IT REALLY WRONG IF WE MARRY WHEN IM NEXT THERE IN AUG AND THEN GO DOWN THE SPOUSAL VISA ROUTE ?If you mean come to the US, get married then return to the UK to await a spousal visa, then no - it's not wrong - happens every day.

I WANT TO LIVE IN US NOT STEVE HERE ......?? WE WERE GONNA APPLY FOR FIANCEE VISA AND WAIT BUT WOULD RATHER BE MAN AND WIFE?? WILL IT GO AGAINST US THAT WE WILL HAVE TO LIVE SEPERATLEY?? Not at all - most of un on VJ either have or are living seperately (some exceptions of course).

AM I ALLOWED TO COME HOME GET MY STUFF AND DAUGHTER AND MOVE BACK TO US AWAITING SPOUSAL APPROVAL??? Not certain what you're meaning is - but I think the answer is going to be No.

You're not alone any more - virtually all of us are/have-been in your position.

Caps_Lock.jpg:innocent:

Timeline
IT REALLY WRONG IF WE MARRY WHEN IM NEXT THERE IN AUG AND THEN GO DOWN THE SPOUSAL VISA ROUTE ?If you mean come to the US, get married then return to the UK to await a spousal visa, then no - it's not wrong - happens every day.

I WANT TO LIVE IN US NOT STEVE HERE ......?? WE WERE GONNA APPLY FOR FIANCEE VISA AND WAIT BUT WOULD RATHER BE MAN AND WIFE?? WILL IT GO AGAINST US THAT WE WILL HAVE TO LIVE SEPERATLEY?? Not at all - most of un on VJ either have or are living seperately (some exceptions of course).

AM I ALLOWED TO COME HOME GET MY STUFF AND DAUGHTER AND MOVE BACK TO US AWAITING SPOUSAL APPROVAL??? Not certain what you're meaning is - but I think the answer is going to be No.

JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU THAT HELPED MORE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE......... X

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations on your recovery from cancer :thumbs:

As far as which visa you want to apply for, fiance or spousal, depends on your intentions as soon as you move here. there are some advantages and disadvantages to both. but, yes, i agree with karin that you can come here, get married, but you have to go back to the UK and wait like everyone else. chances are it will be very difficult to re-enter the usa while your k1 or cr1 visas are pending. you can always have your husband come and visit you if you cannot see another day without him.

vj will help you get through the lonely and hard times. as they stated, we have all been where you are going, at least as far as the separation is concerned. don't get me wrong. there are some difficult days and not so difficult days. for me, the most difficult has been the waiting, waiting, and more waiting.

good luck in whatever you decide to do, and welcome to vj :thumbs:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

actually, you can come here to VISIT your spouse while your visa is pending, you just can't move here. My husband made two trips here while we waited on our visa.

So, the best option is to marry (here or there, doesnt matter) then file for the IR1 visa. The other alternative if you don't want to be apart is for your fiance to move to the UK for 6 months (you can marry anytime during that 6 months) and apply for visa via DCF (which is the forum you posted in). By doing this, you will not be apart while you wait for the visa.

Timeline

As far as which visa you want to apply for, fiance or spousal, depends on your intentions as soon as you move here. there are some advantages and disadvantages to both. but, yes, i agree with karin that you can come here, get married, but you have to go back to the UK and wait like everyone else. chances are it will be very difficult to re-enter the usa while your k1 or cr1 visas are pending. you can always have your husband come and visit you if you cannot see another day without him.

vj will help you get through the lonely and hard times. as they stated, we have all been where you are going, at least as far as the separation is concerned. don't get me wrong. there are some difficult days and not so difficult days. for me, the most difficult has been the waiting, waiting, and more waiting.

thank u xxxxxxxxxx oh i didnt know that while everything was processing i may not be allowed back in u.s !! thank u for that .. we really dont know which way to go... have all the fiancee stuff done and reay to petition but then the other day he said... would it really be so bad if we just got married in aug??? and god yes of course i want too just dont want to make things worse for ourselves xx isnt it a nightmare and yes being aprt is tough... good days bad days and hell days when just need a hug x thank u for welcoming me jessie x

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
actually, you can come here to VISIT your spouse while your visa is pending, you just can't move here. My husband made two trips here while we waited on our visa.

Oh that is good news :thumbs:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Timeline

So, the best option is to marry (here or there, doesnt matter) then file for the IR1 visa. The other alternative if you don't want to be apart is for your fiance to move to the UK for 6 months (you can marry anytime during that 6 months) and apply for visa via DCF (which is the forum you posted in). By doing this, you will not be apart while you wait for the visa.

ohh thank u xxxxxxxxxxxx it is so nice finally find ppl who can answer some questions and also understand how this feels many many thanks xxxxxxxxx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

moved from DCF as OP appears to be considering spousal visa

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU THAT HELPED MORE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE......... X

:rofl:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

thank u xxxxxxxxxx oh i didnt know that while everything was processing i may not be allowed back in u.s !! thank u for that .. we really dont know which way to go... have all the fiancee stuff done and reay to petition but then the other day he said... would it really be so bad if we just got married in aug??? and god yes of course i want too just dont want to make things worse for ourselves xx isnt it a nightmare and yes being aprt is tough... good days bad days and hell days when just need a hug x thank u for welcoming me jessie x

Wish I got a dime for ever-time PLEASE read the Guides http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides Edited by sjr09

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.