K1app

Check cashed, NOA1 - still waiting ;-(

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi, everybody! Just want to ask maybe someone send applications in end of June.

Because I been reading timelines of people who send AOS they got NOA1 in 5-7 days.

So I send mine on 29 June 2009

Delivered on 30 June 2009

Check cashed on 6 July 2009

Today is 12 day from sending and still nothing inside the mail box (((

I understand that its not like a month of waiting, but almost everyone got them NOA1 in the same or second day of cashing check.

Maybe its lost somewhere, or they forgot to send me, paranoia telling me the same thing can be with biometrics appointment.

Most people are not getting their NOA1 the day after (or so) of their check being cashed.

Truth is - some people end up waiting a month to get the NOA1 while other's get theirs within a week of submitting.

Whether you wait a week or a month doesn't really matter much because your petition is still being processed in the order which it was received. In fact, when you do get your NOA1, you'll see the date of at/near when you submitted it.

Check the back of your canceled check to see your case/receipt number - you'll be able to view it's current status online.

:thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Check the back of your canceled check to see your case/receipt number - you'll be able to view it's current status online.

Thank you for answer, made me feel better!

But when I go online I can't see back of my check. I am using Bank of America and its shows only status of check - cleared on 06 July 2009 - The check image you have requested is not available online. We apologize for this inconvenience. Another checks I can track in my account for example (housing, renting etc.) I don't know why I can't see this one.

Edited by K1app

Thank you for answer, made me feel better!

But when I go online I can't see back of my check. I am using Bank of America and its shows only status of check - cleared on 06 July 2009 - The check image you have requested is not available online. We apologize for this inconvenience. Another checks I can track in my account for example (housing, renting etc.) I don't know why I can't see this one.

Relax. We just got our NOA yesterday (July 9th) and we filed a few days before you, on June 27th. You should have it in a few days.

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Relax. We just got our NOA yesterday (July 9th) and we filed a few days before you, on June 27th. You should have it in a few days.

I hope I will get in few day, thank you guys you are the best!!!

No sweat here, just hang on awhile. USCIS is nothing if not inconsistent. If your check was cashed, the NOA1 is no doubt on the way.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Because I been reading timelines of people who send AOS they got NOA1 in 5-7 days.

I understand that its not like a month of waiting, but almost everyone got them NOA1 in the same or second day of cashing check.

Maybe its lost somewhere, or they forgot to send me, paranoia telling me the same thing can be with biometrics appointment.

The NOA1 is a completely worthless document and NO ONE gets them within a day or two of sending.

Here is how it works....

Since the NOA1 is a worthless document and only tells you what you already know...that they have your file, there is no hurry to send it and it often takes 30 days or more for you two receive it. The NOA1 receipt day will be the day they cashed your check, maybe the day before that. Then you will come to VJ and enter that date in your timline, maybe a moth from now, and everyone will think you got your NOA1 in 2-3 days...just like you do now.

What I am saying is when that letter arrives in your mailbox makes no difference to the process, your case is their and in line like everyone else. If you want an estimate (and the best estimate you can get) then enter the date they cashed your check as the NOA1 date in the VJ timeline.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

K1app,

You really need to relax and just go with the flow. USCIS is a giant, inefficient, bureaucratic machine that churns out letters upon letters with scary randomness. Seriously, you will burn yourself out before the process is over if you get this worked up over a receipt. Stress (which leads to heart problems) is one of the major killers in the US. Good luck and take it easy.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

We send our AOS on June 30th. It was delivered on July 2th. The check is not cashed...We dont have anything yet...

We send our AOS on June 30th. It was delivered on July 2th. The check is not cashed...We dont have anything yet...

Like I said before, we filed 3 days before you and just received the NOA in the mail last Thursday. Take a breath, have a drink, you will get it soon.

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

The NOA1 is a completely worthless document and NO ONE gets them within a day or two of sending.

Here is how it works....

Since the NOA1 is a worthless document and only tells you what you already know...that they have your file, there is no hurry to send it and it often takes 30 days or more for you two receive it. The NOA1 receipt day will be the day they cashed your check, maybe the day before that. Then you will come to VJ and enter that date in your timline, maybe a moth from now, and everyone will think you got your NOA1 in 2-3 days...just like you do now.

What I am saying is when that letter arrives in your mailbox makes no difference to the process, your case is their and in line like everyone else. If you want an estimate (and the best estimate you can get) then enter the date they cashed your check as the NOA1 date in the VJ timeline.

Unfortunately, here, in CO they won't issue me a Driver's License without a copy of NOA1. And I got a job already, so they are also waiting for my DL to be in their records (if my bosses are not familiar with immigration stuff, it is not easy to make them understand that I am ok, legal, and I will get the DL sometimes soon). Also, without DL I cannot get access to my husband's bank account, which I also used for the direct deposit of my salary.

So, I am desperately waiting for that piece of garbage, that in some cases will make a big difference!! :unsure:

US Citizen since 08/11/2015.

You are lucky with the dl, hère in ca I need my ead card to apply for my licence noa1 or not. Though I am confussed about your comment about your job. The noa1 just prooves your status is pending. Same As mine, it does not give proof of work autherisation. I did not get the ead stamp at port of entry and even if I did itwould be void now my I-94 has expired. I am not legaly allowed to work yet untill I get the employment autherization document (ead) I applied for with my aos I came here on k1. How are you legally allowed to work yet? Do u have the ead stamp from Poe? Is it still valid? The noa1 does not proof you are legally allowed to work.

Thanks Hannah

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Ok sorry I see you got ead stamp at Poe, that said though I don't think you need the noa1 to proove you can use this, someone correct me if I am wrong. But important to remember if it runs out before ead comes you are suposed to stop working till autherised again. Read up on your rights and how to use it, print it off and show them the ead stamp and info you found. Noa1 just proves uscis took your money for your application for aos not proof of work autherisation .

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.