AnYmous

Visa Approval Question (fiancee background)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiancee and I got into a incident earlier this year. She was here in the US and now is back in her country. She had to leave because her visa had expired.

I am sending the package out today for our k1 visa, her charges were for third-degree assault, third-degree criminal mischief, second-degree breach of peace. They were all 'nolled', from the lawyers terms he said, 'A nolle represents the prosecutor's unilateral decision to terminate your prosecution and does not constitute a conviction.'

Looking for advice/guidance on our situation, everyoen makes mistakes and I appreciate any feedback the community might have.

Would she not get a visa to come back because of this? Even though it is not a conviction or a felony? Anyone been through this before?

Edited by AnYmous

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
My fiancee and I got into a incident earlier this year. She was here in the US and now is back in her country. She had to leave because her visa had expired.

I am sending the package out today for our k1 visa, her charges were for third-degree assault, third-degree criminal mischief, second-degree breach of peace. They were all 'nolled', from the lawyers terms he said, 'A nolle represents the prosecutor's unilateral decision to terminate your prosecution and does not constitute a conviction.'

Looking for advice/guidance on our situation, everyoen makes mistakes and I appreciate any feedback the community might have.

Would she not get a visa to come back because of this? Even though it is not a conviction or a felony? Anyone been through this before?

wow?

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OH, I so love cryptic postings. You failed, (or opted not to) describe the events leading up to her being charged. Did she give you a beating? Drunken confrontation? ######-slapped your ex? Of course, none of these have anything to do with the information which you seek. I can only say I would be thinking twice before I commit to anything. But that again, maybe you like having your #### handed to you.

She should be fine, they will want some kind of crimminal background check in her home country, I hope she is not running amok there as well.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-08-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-08-29

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-26

NVC Received : 2009-02-02

NVC Left : 2009-02-09

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-07-16

Visa Received : 2009-07-22

US Entry : 2009-08-11

Marriage : 2009-08-21

Comments : She recived the first notice from Manila on Valentines day. Perfect timing.

The first setback came during the medical. Naty had to do the 3 day sputum and then we waited 2 months for the results. YESSSS>came back negative

Went for her interview on July 16th and received her Pink Slip......Finally. Paid the AIR21 and I expect her here August 10th, 2009. Marriage will be August 21st, exactly 4 years to the day that we first met.

Was the offence against you? I'm wondering if the prosecutor "nolled" the charges because he thought she was leaving, or she said she was leaving and wasn't returning? How long after her visa expired did she leave?

At present, it would appear she wasn't convicted of anything, but she was arrested I assume? Guaranteed that it'll come up at some point, however whether it would bear on her approval or not, I don't know.

Make sure you never lie, verbally, or on forms. That will guarantee a denial if it's found out. As well, find out how long she was in the country after her expired visa. That might constitute a ban in itself.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

She sounds like a lovely girl. Have you taken her home to meet your Mom yet? Or maybe....ONM.

I live in Vermont, but hey, I here that things are booming in Utah, maybe you will consider living there.

There are several questions in the forms that ask if you have ever been "arrested for..." her answer is a resounding YES!!!!!!!! You will need to have copies of all the court documents, arrest documents etc. Did her mug shot turn out good? So get all those things together as you will need them throughout the process over the next couple of years.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

Se was arrested, and you have to disclose that in the application. Will this hamper the chances of approval? Possibly so, since assault is a crime of moral turpitude.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

She sounds like a lovely girl. Have you taken her home to meet your Mom yet? Or maybe....ONM.

I live in Vermont, but hey, I here that things are booming in Utah, maybe you will consider living there.

There are several questions in the forms that ask if you have ever been "arrested for..." her answer is a resounding YES!!!!!!!! You will need to have copies of all the court documents, arrest documents etc. Did her mug shot turn out good? So get all those things together as you will need them throughout the process over the next couple of years.

This situation will require lots of paper work! :blink:

Edited by ddartt1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

insulting comments are totally unnecessary and out of line. If you have nothing useful to add to the conversation then do not say anything. If you have something useful to say, do not say it in a rude and insulting manner. Off topic types of comments here will not be tolerated.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.