w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Republicans may support universal healthcare if abortion is explicitly excluded

97 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
.... The Republican solution is sadly, awarding those at the top of the economical ladder by giving them more tax breaks for things to trickle down some.

...as opposed to the Dem solution of rewarding failed and mismanaged companies with billions in public money with little oversight as to how it's spent ( citibank...etc).

Considering the situation its probably damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Perhaps but when you get Damned by the Gov..... there is no backing up, it will use the force of law to make you comply and pay. (loss of liberty)

This thing is doomed for bankruptcy ..... so you can count on massive changes in the near future.

In other words... what ever they promise in payments and restrictions has a very short shelf-life, then a lot of people will get screwed while a ever growing group rides for virtually free (if not free).

The thing that amazes me is, I don't know one soul in a desperate or nighmarish situation with healthcare.

I am sure there are a few but why are we all bailing out on a system that seems to work for most people (even Illegals) for some path that is certain to lead to Govt control?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
The thing that amazes me is, I don't know one soul in a desperate or nighmarish situation with healthcare.

I am sure there are a few but why are we all bailing out on a system that seems to work for most people (even Illegals) for some path that is certain to lead to Govt control?

Yeah, I have to hand it to Democrat campaign leaders in this area. They are good at taking issues that don't actually affect most people personally and making them believe they do. In 2006 they were able to do this with the Iraq war and it changed the face of Congress. Now its healthcare, and I believe it will ultimately have the same affect.

Or course Democrats will say Republicans have done the same with Gay marriage and abortion.

Edited by dalegg

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Other Timeline
Americans feel that they want universal healthcare, but don't want to pay for it. Which means they don't really want it.

Now here's where it gets really tricky: "Would you prefer a health care reform plan that raises taxes in order to provide health insurance to all Americans, or a plan that does not provide health insurance to all Americans but keeps taxes at current levels?" It is now a 47%-47% tie, thanks to the threat of tax increases.

Oh duh.

The pollsters didn't ask people if they didn't have to pay a premium to their employer for health cover if they would mind a tax increase.

Filed: Other Timeline

Why is corporate control better than government control?

Corporate control of the health care in the US has led to 1/6 of the population having no way to pay for health care.

I'm starting to actually have evil thoughts against all of you who sit on your high horse with your employer provided coverage. Try spending a few months jobless and in need of medication. See how your perspective changes then. You are flipping lucky to have your insurance. Must be nice to look down on those who don't.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Timeline
Yeah, I have to hand it to Democrat campaign leaders in this area. They are good at taking issues that don't actually affect most people personally and making them believe they do.

I don't know what you do for a living but in the business that I am in, health care coverage has deteriorated over the years while premiums and co-pays have gone up significantly. I remember paying less than $50.00/month for 90/10 coverage (PPO) with no deductibles (that was only 10 years ago), while I now pay well over $300.00/month for 90/10 coverage (PPO) with a $500.00/$1,000.00 dedcutible. It looks much worse for the prescription drug benefit - if that can even be called a benefit anymore.

Do I have access to health care and health insurance? Sure. Can I afford it? Yes. Does it take a bigger bite out of my income year after year? Absolutely. Have I seen any improvement in the actual service provided? Not at all. Am I in this boat all by myself? I don't think so - I don't know a soul that is happy abut the way the health care system has gone over the past decade and not a soul that is happy to pay ever more while getting ever less in return. Does that mean that the issue affects me and just about any American out there? You betcha!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Yeah, I have to hand it to Democrat campaign leaders in this area. They are good at taking issues that don't actually affect most people personally and making them believe they do.

I don't know what you do for a living but in the business that I am in, health care coverage has deteriorated over the years while premiums and co-pays have gone up significantly. I remember paying less than $50.00/month for 90/10 coverage (PPO) with no deductibles (that was only 10 years ago), while I now pay well over $300.00/month for 90/10 coverage (PPO) with a $500.00/$1,000.00 dedcutible. It looks much worse for the prescription drug benefit - if that can even be called a benefit anymore.

Do I have access to health care and health insurance? Sure. Can I afford it? Yes. Does it take a bigger bite out of my income year after year? Absolutely. Have I seen any improvement in the actual service provided? Not at all. Am I in this boat all by myself? I don't think so - I don't know a soul that is happy abut the way the health care system has gone over the past decade and not a soul that is happy to pay ever more while getting ever less in return. Does that mean that the issue affects me and just about any American out there? You betcha!

:thumbs: It's why it is adversely affecting our GDP. You can't grow an economy like that.

I don't know a soul that is happy abut the way the health care system has gone over the past decade

Then you haven't been paying attention. There are plenty of such 'souls' right here on this thread. Some of us have more than one soul, actually. Because we can afford it.

You can't grow an economy like that.

The only thing a hippie knows how to grow is pot.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline
I don't know a soul that is happy abut the way the health care system has gone over the past decade

Then you haven't been paying attention. There are plenty of such 'souls' right here on this thread. Some of us have more than one soul, actually. Because we can afford it.

You can't grow an economy like that.

The only thing a hippie knows how to grow is pot.

:rolleyes:

Timeline

...a whopping 16.3% of the national gross domestic product (GDP). This rate of spending for health care is expected to almost double, however, by 2017, when spending is projected to total almost $4.3 trillion, or roughly 20% of the GDP projections for that year.

http://medheadlines.com/2008/02/26/health-...p-and-climbing/

Edited by Col. 'Bat' Guano

...a whopping 16.3% of the national gross domestic product (GDP). This rate of spending for health care is expected to almost double, however, by 2017, when spending is projected to total almost $4.3 trillion, or roughly 20% of the GDP projections for that year.

Yes, and we also have the highest quality hospitals, doctors, the most diagnostic equipment per capita of any nation on earth. We spend more because we get more.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Well said. :thumbs:

Yes, and we also have the highest quality hospitals, doctors, the most diagnostic equipment per capita of any nation on earth. We spend more because we get more.

Wrong again. We are # 81 (out of 190) in the number of hospital beds per captia and # 52 (out of 201) in terms of physicians per capita, #14 (out of 17 industrialized nations) in terms of nurses per capita. Someone please tell me, what more do we get for being way up there on the spending scale?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
.... The Republican solution is sadly, awarding those at the top of the economical ladder by giving them more tax breaks for things to trickle down some.

...as opposed to the Dem solution of rewarding failed and mismanaged companies with billions in public money with little oversight as to how it's spent ( citibank...etc).

So that the companies would've bit the dust and dragged the economy even further into the hole. :D

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Someone please tell me, what more do we get for being way up there on the spending scale?

Well, I for one got to live. The advanced and experimental surgery I needed was only available at MD Anderson in Houston.

-When I was at MD Anderson, there were folks there from literally all over the world. In fact in the room next to me was some Saudi prince and his entourage.

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

So that the companies would've bit the dust and dragged the economy even further into the hole. :D

It's like the ( dare I say it) CO2 problem...round and round..continually growing into a bigger problem requiring yet more money to solve it, futher devaluing our currency- pushing us futher in debt...rinse was repeat...and all that. :D

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---