Republicans may support universal healthcare if abortion is explicitly excluded

97 posts in this topic

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
It's the band you decapitate fetuses with.

Yeah, I figured - just wanted to know where I could purchase one.

Check & see if your insurance covers it... If not, Uncle Sam may be able to get you one for free...

Oh wait... that is one of those scooter things..

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hatch and his Republican colleagues on the Senate Finance Committee are pushing legislation that would require insurers operating within the new Exchange to to deny coverage for abortion services.

Nineteen House members have also sent a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) stating that they will not vote for health care reform legislation "unless it explicitly excludes abortion funding from the scope of any government-defined or subsidized health insurance plan." "Furthermore, we want to ensure that the Health Benefits Advisory Committee cannot recommend abortion services be included under covered benefits or as part of a benefits package," the members wrote.

http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/2009/07/06/abortion-sfc/

So the Republican's would like to be agreeable, as long as their most precious anti-abortion crowd is made happy? What about those covered under the plan who are raped? The Rep's say ****em!

Nothing like watching a party spin down the toilet faster than Palin can say "You becha!"

So... how come the article doesn't mention that the 19 House members who wrote the letter are Democrats? It's fascinating that they use something that Democrats did to bash Republicans. Even the link Nineteen House members have also sent a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) Only mentions the names and homes of the 19-

"These are the signers: Dan Boren (Okla.), Bobby Bright (Ala.), Travis Childers (Miss.), Jerry Costello (Ill.), Kathy Dahlkemper (Penn.), Lincoln Davis (Tenn.), Steve Driehaus (Ohio), Tim Holden (Penn.), Paul Kanjorski (Penn.), Marcy Kaptur (Ohio), Mike McIntyre (N.C.), Charlie Melancon (La.), John Murtha (Penn.), Jim Oberstar (Minn.), Solomon Ortiz (Texas), Collin Peterson (Minn.), Heath Shuler (N.C.), Bart Stupak (Mich.), and Gene Taylor (Miss)."

Each and everyone of these is a Democrat. Why is that not mentioned?

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Hatch and his Republican colleagues on the Senate Finance Committee are pushing legislation that would require insurers operating within the new Exchange to to deny coverage for abortion services.

Nineteen House members have also sent a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) stating that they will not vote for health care reform legislation "unless it explicitly excludes abortion funding from the scope of any government-defined or subsidized health insurance plan." "Furthermore, we want to ensure that the Health Benefits Advisory Committee cannot recommend abortion services be included under covered benefits or as part of a benefits package," the members wrote.

So the Republican's would like to be agreeable, as long as their most precious anti-abortion crowd is made happy? What about those covered under the plan who are raped? The Rep's say ****em!

Nothing like watching a party spin down the toilet faster than Palin can say "You becha!"

So... how come the article doesn't mention that the 19 House members who wrote the letter are Democrats? It's fascinating that they use something that Democrats did to bash Republicans. Even the link Nineteen House members have also sent a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) Only mentions the names and homes of the 19-

"These are the signers: Dan Boren (Okla.), Bobby Bright (Ala.), Travis Childers (Miss.), Jerry Costello (Ill.), Kathy Dahlkemper (Penn.), Lincoln Davis (Tenn.), Steve Driehaus (Ohio), Tim Holden (Penn.), Paul Kanjorski (Penn.), Marcy Kaptur (Ohio), Mike McIntyre (N.C.), Charlie Melancon (La.), John Murtha (Penn.), Jim Oberstar (Minn.), Solomon Ortiz (Texas), Collin Peterson (Minn.), Heath Shuler (N.C.), Bart Stupak (Mich.), and Gene Taylor (Miss)."

If correct you researched it better than I did, I took the OP at face value...

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If correct you researched it better than I did, I took the OP at face value...

That's a dangerous thing considering the OP. You never know his true intentions.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
Or at-home ultrasound kits... Do-It-Yourself MRIs...

They could even sell it in the $1 stores.[/font][/color]

At home ultrasounds. That would be fun if your kid had some horrible defect. I saw one of the cases on thefetus.net where amniotic bands had decapitated the fetal head. Things I had no idea were possible. Thanks interwebz!

What's an amniotic band? :unsure:

No one is quite sure what causes amniotic bands (syndrome), but the effects of their existence are catastrophic. One theory is that ruptures in the amniotic sac create them. The inelastic bands wrap around the fetal parts during its development. The fetus keeps growing around the bands like a tree can grow around fencing wire. Eventually though, blood flow is cut off the leg, finger, head, and it dies and is amputated. It is usually present with other fetal defects like cleft lip, but not always. A nice associated syndrome is limb-body wall complex. I highly suggest you not do a google picture search of that.

thefetus.net is a pretty cool site though. I think the only thing that still weirds me out is harlequin fetus.

There is your useless information for today. ;)