Ibolady

why are USA citizen been treat like this ;k1

57 posts in this topic

DO AMERICAN DISLIKE FOREIGNER'S?

IS THERE FREEDOM AND DEMOCRAY IN USA ?

AFTER READING WHAT PEOPLE ARE WRITTING HERE ;

I M DISTURD AND SORRY:

WISH THE UNAPPROVED WAITING FOR MORE THAN SIX SUCCES.

IT IS HORRIBLE ;I WANTED TO TRY IT BUT I CANT ANYMORE.

America was founded on immigration. It is quite incorrect to assume that Americans dislike foreigners - immigrants are more welcomed in this country than any other place on earth.

And yes, there is freedom and democracy in the USA. The USA was founded on a written constitution. As a resident of America, you can enjoy such things as freedom of speech, freedom of association, freedom of religion, etc, unlike many other countries, for instance China, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, etc., etc.

Everyone waits in this process. It took me three years to get my 10-year green card; however, if you dislike waiting, by all means do not apply. :)

Edited by milesinfront

02-18-2009 - I-751 filed (Removal of Conditions)

02-20-2009 - NOA1

03-20-2009 - Biometrics Appointment

03-23-2009 - Touched

06-22-2009 - Removal of Conditions approved (via USPS)

07-01-2009 - Email from USCIS advising of approval

07-06-2009 - Received 10-yr Permanent Resident Card

02-18-2010 - Eligible to file for naturalization

----------------------------------

Disclaimer! Any advice I give is purely informal, and is not legal advice.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Take the meat from here and chuck the bones. Who cares what ignorant people might have to say. Get what you need from this site to assist you in your process.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have to agree with IBOLADY, much better if this entire site is censored like in her country. the statement is foolish in its self, she asks if we have the rights that she has read and know that we are all free to express

anyone else understand this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

H1 visa holders can bring their spouse right away.... just by going to the embassy... and so can F1 student visa holders and L1 temporary workers visa holders.... anybody want to respond to that? Why cant spouses of citizens have a non-immigrant visa that does not have to go through USCIS #######? can anybody explain? I am not asking about an immigrant visa.. just a visiting visa.. Are H1, F1, and L1 visa holders are special god sent people?? I can wait .. but what is USCIS trying to achieve?? Anybody care about EFFECTIVE policies? If a spouse of a citizen can commit a fraud.... so can a spouses of above mentioned visa holders.... USA is a great country.. but USCIS is an ineffective organization....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline
H1 visa holders can bring their spouse right away.... just by going to the embassy... and so can F1 student visa holders and L1 temporary workers visa holders.... anybody want to respond to that? Why cant spouses of citizens have a non-immigrant visa that does not have to go through USCIS #######? can anybody explain? I am not asking about an immigrant visa.. just a visiting visa.. Are H1, F1, and L1 visa holders are special god sent people?? I can wait .. but what is USCIS trying to achieve?? Anybody care about EFFECTIVE policies? If a spouse of a citizen can commit a fraud.... so can a spouses of above mentioned visa holders.... USA is a great country.. but USCIS is an ineffective organization....

This is a very good point. If you are a USC your foriegn spouse cannot come to the US just to visit with you. You have to apply for a IV. Therefore if you met your spouse while working in a foriegn country and wish to bring to the US for visits (while you are still working on a foreign assignment) you cannot. Yet if you are a foriegner working in the US on a NIV you can bring your wife and family to the US also.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Everyone feels the same amount of frustration with the legal immigration system as everyone else here. It doesn't surprise me not one bit that the OP would make such a claim. Sometimes our complaints/frustrations/rants/disdain towards immigration might look pretty bleak to an outsider that reads this board. C'mon i mean like a big percentage of the posts on here is pretty negative (no offense to the positiveness of everyone else's kind advice and words of merit). But we are just expressing ourselves (our rights in action) and just displaying our anger. What this person doesn't realize is yes the system is ineffective and causes much aggravation but that is definately not reflective of our nation as a whole. We are hard workers, honorable, generous giving, and sympathetic people. We value human rights highly, persue happiness whereever that may be, and go to great lengths to hand out justice. Even those that have opinions not entirely shared by others at least they can have a voice without persecution. We are very blessed to be in America and the immigration system was designed to protect us more than anything.

A better revamp is needed and it would be nice to introduce more immigration reform to our representatives for our loved ones who do not deserve to be heavily scrutinized.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Bogota, Colombia

Event Date

Marriage: 2009-04-30

I-130 Sent: 2009-05-14

I-130 Approved: 2009-08-25

NVC Received: 2009-09-09

Interview Date: 2009-11-19

Visa Received: 2009-11-25

US Entry Target Date: 2010-01-08

S. Korea La Vida Loca: 2010-04-07

Returned to USA: 2011-04-06

Removal of Conditions: 2012-01-08

I-751 Biometrics: 2012-03-02

I-751 Approved: 2012-09-07

N400 Sent: 2012-10-10

Biometrics: 2012-11-02

Interview: 2013-01-09

Oath: 2013-02-22

Citizenship: 2013-02-22

It is very unfortunate September 11th, 2001 ever occured. Lots of things changed, like the addition of Homeland Security etc...I know when waiting for our K1 to be processed I was disturbed many times. But it eventually worked out and the visa was approved, and now I move on to the new frustration du jour the AOS and in 2 years Removing Conditions.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Everyone feels the same amount of frustration with the legal immigration system as everyone else here. It doesn't surprise me not one bit that the OP would make such a claim. Sometimes our complaints/frustrations/rants/disdain towards immigration might look pretty bleak to an outsider that reads this board. C'mon i mean like a big percentage of the posts on here is pretty negative (no offense to the positiveness of everyone else's kind advice and words of merit). But we are just expressing ourselves (our rights in action) and just displaying our anger. What this person doesn't realize is yes the system is ineffective and causes much aggravation but that is definately not reflective of our nation as a whole. We are hard workers, honorable, generous giving, and sympathetic people. We value human rights highly, persue happiness whereever that may be, and go to great lengths to hand out justice. Even those that have opinions not entirely shared by others at least they can have a voice without persecution. We are very blessed to be in America and the immigration system was designed to protect us more than anything.

A better revamp is needed and it would be nice to introduce more immigration reform to our representatives for our loved ones who do not deserve to be heavily scrutinized.

I agree.. but my wait is not the only reason i am frustrated... I had a very tough time with USCIS when I applied for my citizenship... I really had to put my foot down... The officers that interviewed me did not know the law... They did not give me a hard time because I was stuck with background checks etc (background check is another ineffective process in the system.. I think the world is too dynamic and that the background check needs to be faster to be effective). .. The only reason it was delayed is because the officers did not know the law.. and my application was thrown on the side and was forgotten... When I had the second interview after 8 months, I took a copy of the federal regualations and tried to convince the officer... the officer refused to listen ( the officer however was extremely polite and a nice person).. the officer said i have to either withraw or appeal (after 8 months of waiting they ask me to withdraw or appeal .... and an appeal would take another 6 months plus 600 dollars)...I went to a lawyer and he adviced me that I reapply and for that he would charge me 4000 dollars... I was confused and devastated.. but I decided to do it myself..after I withdrew.. I was called by another officer who understood my point and rejected my withdrawal... that officer I felt was GOD sent.. I finally felt i was talking to a human being and not robots... They looked into my application and granted me citizenship.. I commend them and am greatful for the fact that they were eventually fair with me.. and granted me citizenship... but all this caused delays... and I have lost my trust with them.. I cant afford another screw up....

They can really improve the system... The case status online still states my citizenship application is being processed.. 3 months after I became citizen!!!

I certainly understand the importance of what USCIS is doing.. But because of the wierd laws.. I have been waiting for almost 2 years to be with my wife... I am very frustrated.. and if i were a permanent resident and not a citizen.. i would be waiting for 5 years.. while H1 visa holders can just walk in with their spouses...

We can make the walls as thick and high as we want.. but people who have the tools will simply dig under the wall and get in!! And people who dont have to tools will simply have to wait at the door...

I hope things will be better... atleast in the future... I do support the system .. but i do want an improvement... As a software developer I can volunteer to improve the online case system (if they let me :) ).. so that people are not left in the dark as to when their cases will be processed... and how long they will be seperated from their families... Why waste money on an online system when all it tells you is that they have received your case??

The point i am trying to make from all this ranting is you can support a system and still voice your concerns.. most criticizm is accompanied by emotions (human beings are emotional arent they?).... look at the core issue behind the criticizm.. dont make it a bitter exchange of comments...

United States is a very fair country.. "We are hard workers, honorable, generous giving, and sympathetic people"... I completely agree with that.. however.. were are facing problems because of flaws in the system.. and we need to improve.. and if the system cannot be improved, we will be taken advantage of...

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Is not that Americans dislike foreigners in general, we (like everyon else in 5 senses) dislike foreigners that want to come with dishonest and machiavelic purposes to do harm to our country. Do not get confused, we try to do everything possible to only admitt people who deserve it.

Peace,

thanks please i understand now .

i know that the USA people are good .

but i was confused with the k1 system .

its was just a question not that i was saying that the USA is a bad country .

may be i made a mistake .

sorry people.

Timeline

I M DISTURD AND SORRY:

What exactly are you trying to say? Please try to be clearer.

thanks alot for your concern .

i dont need the visa anymore ,not that i dont USA ,

but becuse of different reasons .

Timeline
Please :whistle:

The process is not supposed to be easy. No country wants it's borders to be wide open to people who wish it's citizens harm. The purpose of it all is to make certain that the people being admitted into the country will be decent citizens and will not harm us. No one is entitled to up and move anywhere they'd like and live in any way they wish. The same is true for Americans wanting to live in other countries. There are rules of those countries that we must also live by and laws that we must also follow when wanting to live in other countries.

hi i understand ,thanks for the information .

the world need people like you .

Timeline
I have no problem with the USA system. Yeah it takes a long time but I understand the security concerns. I have grown really intolerant of illegal aliens, much more than before I started our K-1 process. We have an immigration system, follow it or stay the heck out of our country.

There, a rant replied with another rant! :)

ok please ,sorry

i dont have any problem with your country .

i love your country ,and my highest lover on earth

is from your country .he is working in my country .

i can live with him here in my county .

Timeline

I M DISTURD AND SORRY:

Depends on what you read. We got important information on this site. :content:

hi ,wish you and your wife a happy life .

may be some people misslead me over .

in the african forum ,one lady was telling me that

african who are in love with a white man is a problem

at the embassy level ,so i was disturd .because i my lover is a white .

i think it not true .

Timeline

I M DISTURD AND SORRY:

What has happened?? Be clearer.... America has to be strict, and of course they will want to make sure that you want to be in the country for love and love only and not any other reason... I for one am willing to wait as long as it takes, I want to be with the guy I love so I will wait for as long as I have to.. If you have been rejected surely you can wait for the person you love.. Understand that America is not being cruel, they have to check to make sure you want to be here for the right reasons.. We are all going through this, you are not alone in this process..

Stay strong

yes they have the right to be strict .

but too hard ,i m lucky my lover is living here and working here ,i m sorry i dont really know the syetem but it was too hard for me ,after reading here the post at VJ .and other reason .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.