Aubrey

Inexpensive veil?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I need a veil, and it has to be here before Tuesday the 14th. I'm looking for under $40.

Any ideas? Everything I'm seeing is so overpriced (I'm sorry, but tulle is cheap and throwing it on a comb and adding ribbon does not justify the markup). David's Bridal made me laugh that they wanted $69. I got my dress there for $150, so that's just ridiculous.

I want a simple ivory veil with a ribbon edge.

Help me ladies!

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Filed: Other Timeline

look at here. you can buy a good one at a cheaper price here

sellyourweddingdress.com

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

At Macy's in the women's section they have a seamstress you may call. I used her for my suits for the Borah Symposium. She is local and she was working on a wedding dress while I was there. I am sure she could sew a simple ribbon around veil material you buy at Joanna's fabric. She charged me $5 for the hem of my pants. She did it in under a week.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If not her then Joanna's fabric may also have numbers of people you may call to do this for you. She said she passed out her cards to several places so I'm sure others do the same. Congrats and best wishes. (F)

Edited by ~Flower~

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Timeline

I am tempted to say - save yourself the stress of looking for a cheap one, wondering if if it will make it on time and just buy one for 69 bucks. :) Emptier wallet, but definitely less stress!

On my super cheap favourite site, the veil you like costs $55, but I don't know if they can deliver this fast. http://www.9lover.com/Wedding-gown-dresses8.html

Good luck! Can't wait to see wedding pics!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Net curtain fabric. Seriously!

I couldn't find a veil I liked, and there is some lovely netcurtain lace now. All you need is a ribbon to attach around it and you are done.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Net curtain fabric. Seriously!

I couldn't find a veil I liked, and there is some lovely netcurtain lace now. All you need is a ribbon to attach around it and you are done.

I can find an ivory veil, but have no idea how to attach a ribbon to it without it looking like garbage. Hot glue (even on the cool setting) would just melt something that fine.

As to the $69 veil, I can't get back up to Spokane before the wedding buy it, and besides money is way too tight to spend so much. That is half of what my dress cost!

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sewing ribbon trim on that material is actually pretty hard.. it's not as easy as people say it is. Tulle is very delicate and you wouldn't be sewing the ribbon on in a straight line, it may be time consuming and hard if you're not an experienced sewer.

Donne moi une poptart!

Seriously, make it. It costs under 5$ and is not hard at all. Google it and there are lots sites to help you.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i was thinking find some sheer curtains of someone you don't like.........

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Aubrey, try etsy.com. I got a handmade wedding "crown" there (braided twig, flowers, etc....this is where Charles calls me a tree hugger, btw) and it was beautiful.

Or, ivory satin hair band, tulle fabric-glued inside....

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Other Timeline

I didn't think girls wore veils these days. I thought they did those tiaras, etc.

I'd make something if I was deadset on having a headpiece. Ring of flowers or whatever.

I've shopped twice for wedding gear and I've always noticed that the headpiece is expensive - like not in proportion at all to the cost of a gown. I think the only way to beat the system is to make your own.

Filed: Timeline
I need a veil, and it has to be here before Tuesday the 14th. I'm looking for under $40.

Any ideas? Everything I'm seeing is so overpriced (I'm sorry, but tulle is cheap and throwing it on a comb and adding ribbon does not justify the markup). David's Bridal made me laugh that they wanted $69. I got my dress there for $150, so that's just ridiculous.

I want a simple ivory veil with a ribbon edge.

Help me ladies!

when it comes to wedding stuff, I'd say just spend the extra $29....it'll save you less hassle buying over the net (I was going to suggest ebay) cos at the end of the day, colors can vary so much.