sophia73

getting ready to resubmit hardship letter

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Guinea
Timeline

Well the only thing i can tell u is that u were mother before wife, all this circumstances are damaging ur daughter identity, u should start thinking in take her back to USA, is not ur right as a mother to sacrifies her life for nobody, its u the one who got married not here and u should think first on her. I understand u that there is nobody else who can take care of her but u are the mother and when we have kids and we decide to marry again we should think 2 times first, kids are first and if u are a catholic u already know that what u are doing is unhealthy for her and is not right.

Go back to USA and if he really loves u he will be waiting for u.

Remeber that ur kids are ur blood and they will be always yours and there for u, a man who knows.

Sophia, i'm sorry your experience living in Egypt hasn't been what you thought it would be. My husband is from Alexandria and I lived with him for awhile also waiting for our visa. I'm assuming from reading your post that your petition has been denied and is now in Athens, Greece for review. How far along are you in this process? Has it been denied more than once? I see from your post that you have several things going on at once and it has been overwhelming for you now.

I am also Catholic and never did I have any probs there with my religion. Egypt is one country that has many Christians and i've never seen any kind of discrimination against them. I was treated with the utmost respect outside of the apartment (of course there was the staring but it's so common). I don't want to sound disrespectful but you should have really researched your information about Egypt especially if you knew you were going to take your daughter to live there. I'm sure you have tried your best but you yourself made this decision to move to Egypt and I think Athens will also tell you this.

Is there anyway you can send your daughter back to the states while you sort out everything with Athens? Are there any family members who are willing help you or her?

I agree with the posts about streamlining your hardship letter. Athens can be pretty tough on people. I wish you the best. Priority should be trying to get your daughter back with your son. She needs to go to school.

I agree with other comments.

It seems you are placing your husband before your daughter. At this stage in her life, she needs a stable safe background to grow up in. The discrimination you currently face is the kind of discrimination she will soon face as she becomes a woman.

If your husband loves you, then he loves your children who are an immediate extension of you, and will want to see his wife and children safe and happy. Try and return to America and petition from there. Your children need their mother in good health.

You will be in a better frame of mind to fight for this waiver if you are safe. Take on board the advice of those who are trying to help you with the waiver letter.

I really hope you can make things better for you and your daughter in the first instance and then fight for your husband.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
All I got to say is I live in Egypt and milk is a dollar. My utility bills with internet is 60 dollars a month. And I do know that if you rent a flat that has nothing in it, it can be pretty cheap like 150 a month, in the bad areas it could be 100 dollars. If you are making 40 dollars a week you can pay the bills and also buy food. It may not be the best life, but its what you make it. When they read that letter, there is all kinds of things that can cross their mind. Please keep in mind to them buyin one dollar milk is cheap, and alot of the food here is cheap as well. You can go to the markets and buy a whole bag of veggies for 2 dollars. You can half one pound of meat for 2 dollars and make kofta with it, the other half make tators and tomoatoes with peppers and onions and add kofta balls. You have 2 meals really cheap. There is tons of things you can make cheap. I even make homemade cakes here for less than 2 dollars. And I make my own bread and flour is a dollar, salt is less than a dollar and you can buy small thing of olive oil for a dollar.I just want you to understand that people with more money being in a cheaper place don't think living is all that horrible. Next thing I would like to add, your daughters home school, you do not need to buy books. You can get online and look up what 9th graders are suppose to know. You can print worksheets out at a cafe for less than a dollar. There is tons of things you can do online. You can give her a test to see where she is at. If you have no internet take her to the cafe let her study stuff and watch her for an hour, take worksheets home for her to do. There is tons of ways to live and make it just wanted to show you some things else people might think of.People stare at me as well I have blue eyes and its normal now. It makes me mad sometimes but you know I got my husband with me and in the end its what he thinks, and I know he will protect me no matter what. So, I think you need to redo the letter in a better way.

Maybe you should get in touch with her and help her out. Egypt is cheap, but when you are a tourist (or look like a tourist), they tend to charge DOUBLE for everything. If a bottle of water is 3 egyptian pounds, then they will sell it to her for 7 egyptian pounds. I know, I was there. I had to get someone to buy me all my stuff, otherwise I would have paid double.

Sophia, I think you should just get out of there and go home without your husband. Then from the US apply for him. It's hard for people from the US to adjust to a place like Egypt. Your daughter needs a REAL education! She needs to go back now! If you don't go back to the US, at least send her back to live with relatives! I'm sure she's already many grades behind now, but stop it now before it gets even worse. She is the most important thing at the moment. She is a child, and children are our future.

This is such a sad situation that you got yourself into. I hope you grow up and realize what you did was silly, and fix it yourself. Don't expect the embassy to fix it for you. Living in a apartment with chipped paint walls, is not going to make them give your husband a visa. Just go back, apply for him, get your daughter in a real school, and wait.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

As for the original question, please do a LOT of research on what it takes to put together a good waiver package. There are very few attorneys who even know what they are doing in cases like this, so please research, research, research before handing in a poorly done case. There is a high burden of proof for cases like this. Check out the guides on www.immigrate2us.net . . . they are very helpful.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am just echoing what everyone else has already suggested.

Your current letter def needs some work and focus on the factors that GOGO copied for you.

I will also suggest that you come home and fight from here. Take your daughter home, take care of your kids needs and then focus on the waiver.

I really dont think that they will sympathize with a mother who is staying in conditions that arent fit for her daughter, when she is free to leave. Show the hardship that it will be for you to live HERE away from your husband. " I miss/need him" isnt goign to be enough.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Timeline
I am just echoing what everyone else has already suggested.

Your current letter def needs some work and focus on the factors that GOGO copied for you.

I will also suggest that you come home and fight from here. Take your daughter home, take care of your kids needs and then focus on the waiver.

I really dont think that they will sympathize with a mother who is staying in conditions that arent fit for her daughter, when she is free to leave. Show the hardship that it will be for you to live HERE away from your husband. " I miss/need him" isnt goign to be enough.

Well said sister.

As suggested a few posts above by emt103c, go to immigrate2us.net and read and read and then read somemore. The waiver process is much more involved than spending an hour writing a letter. If you are going to attempt this yourself, you need to spend many hours reading and researching. It takes a big effort and a lot of time to do this if you hope to have any chance of success. You must document all of your hardships. You need to do a lot of research and start over again. Don't waste your money submitting a waiver until you have done everything possible to maximize your chances of success. A good lawyer will charge $5000+ for waiver, plus the filing fee.

Edited by spookyturtle

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I really suggest you give up the hardship letter, return to the states with you daughter, get her enrolled back into school, see your son. Then you work on finding job, saving money, helping yourself, and doing everything you can to petition your husband, lawyer, senator, what ever its gonna take. If the petition still not working out for you husband, you return to cairo to be with him after your daughter has completed school. That's my advice. Many other good advice here too.

I'll pray for you.

Peace

Filed K1 Petition September 2005

Interview at Embassy in Abu Dhabi December 2005 Denied

Interview at Embassy in Abu Dhabi January 2006 Approved

Nikah April 21, 2006

Biometrics June 2006

Received Green Card August 2006

Waiting for 10 year card since June 2008

Received 10 year card April 2009

U.S. Citizen November 2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

i just want to add to sister,

Alot of people been saying that you should have did research into we're you would be living when you went to live in Egypt, and yes that is good point, but i also wanted to add that what you did also show that you have courage and really love your husband, and you value marriage, which really is meaningful and good too. that really is inspire me, thank you

your daughter need to be in school though and needs to be with other girls her age, so she can grow up with a good life and education.

Filed K1 Petition September 2005

Interview at Embassy in Abu Dhabi December 2005 Denied

Interview at Embassy in Abu Dhabi January 2006 Approved

Nikah April 21, 2006

Biometrics June 2006

Received Green Card August 2006

Waiting for 10 year card since June 2008

Received 10 year card April 2009

U.S. Citizen November 2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
i just want to add to sister,

Alot of people been saying that you should have did research into we're you would be living when you went to live in Egypt, and yes that is good point, but i also wanted to add that what you did also show that you have courage and really love your husband, and you value marriage, which really is meaningful and good too. that really is inspire me, thank you

your daughter need to be in school though and needs to be with other girls her age, so she can grow up with a good life and education.

Brad, you made some really sentimental points; however, she is bound by ALLAH to raise her children "that she had from a previous relationship" Yes she proved that she loved her husband to you, but to me it showed that she was not thinking in her right frame of mind when she left her son behind, and brouht her daughter to a strange land without being prepared to carrying on her education. She acknowledged that she has a mental illness, I'm thinking BIPOLAR because the acting without thinking and moving half way across the world was not a wise decision.

To the OP this is not to slam dunk you, but your eyes need to be wide open to your reality. Please take your daughter home even if you choose to go back. I have no children that I am responsible for and if I did I would never dream of leaving America's education system. Knowledge is power, and your daughter is going to be so far behind her classmates. But it's not to late she still has so time to get cought up.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.