48 posts in this topic

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Say a little prayer for our malarie (Julie) she is in Egypt and very sick. Her romantic trainride has her sick and far from home.

How hot is it there? We had a few 90's here last week and I almost melted :P

jJ (F)

Jackie, where is Julie at in Egypt?

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

George loves cold weather--he lived in upstate ny for almost 5yrs....but when the ac hits him he is now telling me his stomach has a cold.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
George loves cold weather--he lived in upstate ny for almost 5yrs....but when the ac hits him he is now telling me his stomach has a cold.

lol, I can't tell you how many times I have been told by hubby and his family not to stand in front of the fan if I'm sweating, because that's how you catch pneumonia. :wacko:

Jackie, it was 106 here today, though it's cooled down to 104 now. :lol:

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Hello

Finally had day 3 of some moving. Thank God I don't have alot of #######, it isn't taking so long to move it down the hall.

Hubby has been working out and I think it is paying off. I brought a co-worker to the house to help him move the heavy furniture and bed. When I got home, he had done it all himself! :o

I was shocked. I always knew he was a powerhouse, even when not in the best shape, but after what he did it surely parallels superhuman abilities :P

As for the a/c, our weather isn't so much hot as it is humid and being on the 3rd floor of a tiny apartment without many windows can stifle you. I have one small unit that we moved into our bedroom last night and it was like an icebox.

I also do not like the AC too much. I love to bask in the sun and feel the warmth, up to about 90 then it gets unbearable. Everyone needs to have a place to cool down though. I feel sorry for those folks who don't have any chance for that. In the office the guys come in from the field and it has to be on. I always sneak it up to about 74 :yes: I just want to be comfortable, not freezing.

First night in the new place. It's ok. The hard part will be unpacking and reorganizing now. I am still between both till Thursday. There is barely anything left to move. I just want to go home and do NOTHING tonight. Hubby won't get home from work till about 12 30 at which point I will feel inclined to be up and at em. At least I got to sleep a little past midnight last night. Like you Tasha I feel rejuevenated!

I wish I had the jobs that you guys are disgruntled about. My job is so menial. I mean it is important but I am not bringing in a check like you I am sure. On top of it, I started this job without any written contract as to what I am entitled to. As it stands verbally, I get one week paid vaca and sick and personal days left at his discretion. I am really upset about that because I am here one year now. I have only used one sick day and 4 vacation (when hubby came). Now it is summer and I want some time... the problem is I am the ONLY one in the office who can do my job and my boss needs me. Now his wife...she did this before me and now she is semi retired. She comes in once a week to keep an eye on me :ot: (and probably her hubby) and do accounts payable. Whatever I can do my job and hers but I feel like if I ask for what i feel I deserve they will gripe about it. I don't even get paid that much. I get benefits but still what are my incentives and how do I discuss this with them. I love it here. It is cake BUT I am ready to look further. I just want to know do my personal/sick and vacations roll over OR do I get an extra week vacation per year.

There reasoning will be THE BOSS doesn't even take his vacation. But that is NOT my fault! :angry:

Edited by Sandrila

Filed: Timeline

Happy Tuesday MENA (F)

Long time! :D I'm still in the middle of moving. Now the unpacking has started. The painting, baby gates and most electrical (fans/security lights, etc) are done now its organizing the big ole' mess!!! We are still working on a doggie door for GIGANTIC Angus...:lol: We found a handyman that is doing most of the work around the house with my hubby and its been great, fast and CHEAP!! He now is part of the family I feel...I wake up he's there, I have lunch, he's there, we have dinner, he's there. :whistle: Oh well, I don't mind it as long as the work is gettin' done! :P

I will have to take some pictures when we are all done. I love the paint colors and have decided (don't even ask) to make curtains for our bedroom and the babies room....I liked this fabric I found at IKEA and fell in love so "a sewin' we will go"!!! :devil:

Wishing you all a beautiful week!! (F)

Timeline

Sandrila your bosses excuse sounds like when I sprained my ankle at the hospital and the people in charge said so and so nurse came to work with a broken foot and I had to say excuse me that's her and not me.

Annie can't wait to see the pix of the finished place!

In other news I kissed hubby good night before he left for work and then had a look at myself in the mirror and "oh noooooooz" I am getting birth control pimples! Ah! He was just asking me have I seen any side effects yet. :wacko:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm looking for a cabin on the lake for a vacation in August and this place looks soooo amazing but it doesn't have the water trampolene that the kids are asking for. I would love to own a second home like this someday. *sigh*

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p216296

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Morning Ladies (and Charles)~~

Everyone seems to be feeling much better today which is great! (Except for those of u melting around the globe.)

This time next week, I will be on a plane headed for Morocco. I'm sooo excited I cannot even stand it! I'll be there just over a month, but am not sure how much travelling I will do while I am there. I love it at home, but would at least like to go on one excursion to Essouria for about a week.

My crazy groom thinks that we should rent a car and I should drive to prevent the cab drivers overcharging us because I'm American. I have told him I DON'T CARE if the overcharge, cuz there's no way in h*** I want to get mixed up in that mess. Scary enough as a passenger! Not to mention that most of the cars are manuals which I have never driven. Yeah, I'm sure of it...he's completely nuts!

Anyway, have a great day all!!

Melynda

Melynda

We plan to go back to Maroc the end of May, next year and we plan to go to Essouria too.

For the Gnawa festival. I haven't traveled too extensively in Maroc but have seen a few cities on day trips.

I have too much more I want to see. I have rented a car too. If you can drive in Casa with a stick, honey, you can drive anywhere.

Oh #######, here comes the rain!

Liv you are super sensitive...you poor dear (F)

bridget...a water trampoline THAT SOUNDS ROCKIN!

I wish hubby didn't have to work all day and night Sat/Suns

I am dying for us to just get away and go campin...I haven't in quite a few years.

Timeline

Right now it's a tie on the PRO's and CON's of to stay or to go. When I start talking about the PRO's of going back he looks at me with this crushing pain in his eyes and then he says, "I don't want you to go. I want us to stay together." Lately he's been coming to me at random moments holding me and talking softly of how happy he is that I'm here with him or whispering when he wakes up of how much he loves having me around and trying to communicate to me his tender heart. It's so baby sweet to witness but so difficult to think logical because it puts priority on different perspectives in regards to matters of the heart and matters of the mind once again. I attempt to put the pro's and con's list aside and close my eyes and image what the two different choices would be like to live with one is routine and easily seen and the other is murky and unknown right now.

Liv you are super sensitive...you poor dear (F)

Sensitive skin, sensitive feelings, sensitive hormones, sensitive person. :thumbs:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

i wish you the best in your decision Olivia. For me my choice is to obviously deal with living overseas because that is our only option to be together currently and that wins. It wont be an easy choice for you and if you leave you may regret it after.

if he is putting these feelings out there, it may hurt him deeply if you leave too. so goodluck dear friend.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.