Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I have three kids and did nothing to prepare for getting pregnant with any of them. Other than have more sex :P

hahah Faith.... same here!! except for this pregnancy... we actually wasn't going to have anymore kids with 5 between us already and me having 2 miscarriages before this one we had decided to not try again... well............Andy's immigration just happend to be right in tune with my ovulation and some how birth control was not discussed (deep down I think we both had a hard time deciding not to have any more) :whistle::lol: But we are happy to be blessed with this lil one non the less!!! :yes::yes:

Patricia

hey i was trying to be honest :P Seriously tho, we had 2 miscarriages before I got preggy with this one so the only thing I did to prepare was buy more home tests that were extremely sensitive so I could find out right away as my doc had to check my hormone levels right away to see if I needed progesterone (which I did). And we had more sex ;):lol: Sorry couldn't help it!

Hi Everyone - we want to be added! I'm 6 weeks right now and we just found out yesterday. This is my second baby and while we weren't planning on it happening so soon we're thrilled :) So I'll be checking in and looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Welcome to the club and congrats!!

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

January 6, 2005 i-601 waiver approved!!!!

January 21, 2005 VISA IN HAND

February 12, 2005 WEDDING!!!!!

March 10, 2005 mailed AOS and EAD applications to Chicago

April 18, 2005 EAD and AOS receipt dates for NOA

June 30, 2005 AOS RFE evidence submitted (translated birth certificate)

August 10, 2005 ---EAD approved via infopass appointment

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

April 3, 2006 - Received welcome to America letter in the mail!

April 8, 2006 - Received GC in the mail - done for 2 years!!!!

March 1, 2008 - mailed off I-751

March 3, 2008 NSC delivery confirmation

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

March 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Amera-

congratulations on your pregnancy! :D

I have a question regarding TB skin test. My skin test result came positive and the doc suggested to do chest X-ray later in the pregnancy. If I refuse to do that because I don't want to be X-rayed while I am pregnant, they would not give me to hold my baby after birth for couple of hours and I would have to do X-ray after I give birth to confirm that I don't have TB. Which I know I don't have because I had to do skin test before and was tested positive and X-ray confirmed that I was negative but this was 10 years ago.

I talked to a friend here who is from Germany and she was also tested positive and could not hold her baby for 2 hours after giving birth.. My sister who is in Germany never had these tests done and has 3 kids..

Who is familiar with this and can help me to calm down :help:

Oh, I have my ultrasound tomorrow.. I am sooo excited!!!! :dance::dance::D

Edited by Butterfly

01-02-2000 met at SFO airport

11-15-2003 Religious ceremony in the U.S

03-09-2004 Civil Marriage in Frankfurt/Germany

07-20-2004 Wedding reception

K-3

04-22-2004 I-129F NOA1 (MSC)

11-01-2004 'touched'

11-02-2004 'touched'

11-17-2004 NOA2 via email

01-26-05 Interview date. (Filed I-601 waiver)

I-130

04-06-2004 I-130 NOA1 (CSC)

08-16-2004 Approved by CSC via email website

03-16-05 Case completed and is in FRA now

I-601 waiver process (due to previous overstay)

01-26-05 Filed I-601 waiver

04-22-05 Waiver denied

05-06-05 Filed for MTR(Motion to Reconsider)

06-20-05 Found out from our Congresswoman that our motion to reconsider is denied.. our waiver is now enroute to AAO in Washington, DC.. the appeal takes 6-18 months to review.. yeah right... whatever

My husband and I are together now. We moved to Montreal on july 20th, 2005 and are waiting for my ban to be lifted on March 13th, 2006.

03-13-06 Interview date, Approved!

03-23-06 Visa in hand! Yaay!

03-24-06 Arrived in NYC!

Baby girl arrived on 11/30/06

Baby boy arrived on 9/30/08

We could not be happier..

Filed: Timeline
Hi Everyone - we want to be added! I'm 6 weeks right now and we just found out yesterday. This is my second baby and while we weren't planning on it happening so soon we're thrilled :) So I'll be checking in and looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Welcome to the Club and Congrats! :thumbs:

We had our reg monthly doc's appt today and the doc was happy with the weight gain, the size of the baby, the strong heartbeat and everything else. We're right on target. Perfect. We're happy!

Then we went maternity clothes shopping. It's been hard to find stuff but today we got lucky. :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

For those of you who are first-time parents:

I found this book very helpful to when getting baby stuff:

Girlfriends' Guide to Baby Gear by Vicki Iovine & Peg Rosen

It demystified a lot of stuff for me i.e. What the heck is a layette? What is a bumper (and why you should not really get it?)

They are very adamant about car seats and safety, which prompted me to make an appointment at my city's police station to get it installed. (We installed ours, but they will reinstall it -- for free). To get a list of places that perform this service and have certified child passenger safety technicians, go to www.seatcheck.org

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

This is such a nice, sweet thread, and CONGRATS! to ALL! :yes:

For myself, I'm not pregnant, but I would like to be. :( I just thought I would throw an issue out there to all of you who are, and would likely understand. Craig haven't decided for SURE in either direction right now, but I think(and don't KNOW...he insists he doesn't know how he feels on it yet, so this is just gut instinct talking about how I THINK he feels) he is leaning toward not having any. As I say, we haven't talked about it much, but this has been super-difficult for me to accept. Have any of the rest of you ever thought you wouldn't have any more kids(before meeting the love of your lives, or etc etc and then deciding to) and found that something inside you just felt really, really sad?? :( It's by NO MEANS anything I think about every day or anything like that at this point, but the thought of only ever having one child(even if he is totally and utterly fantastic!! :yes: ..) (I may be biased :blush: ) just makes me feel really down. He is going to be 13 in less than a month, but I just would really like to think that I would have another baby. I knew very early that I would never have another one with his(so called) father(biology only..some of you may know how THAT can happen!) but when I love Craig so much, love babies, am a fairly good mom(I think!) then it just seems...I dunno. I know I'm not making much sense here. Anyone understand anyway? :( M.

edited to add: I don't just love BABIES, I love CHILDREN. slight correction there.

Edited by MichelleandCraig

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wow Michelle I completely understand you. I still don't have any kids, and David and I really do want to have a baby when the time is right. But I know that when you meet the love of your life, even if you already have the best kid ever, you always dream of starting a new family, or having something that you both built/made together!

Maybe when some of you read this, you'll not get what I'm trying to say... ( I've been up for 29 hours now and my butt is flat and hurts for sitting in front of the computer for so long).

I don't know how old you guys are... but it's never too late for him to change his mind.

Good luck! And try not be sad about it.... create opportunities to show him how great having another child around would be! (F)

Edited by MrMrsKnight

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Update on Mrs. Artegal. So far everything is A-O-Kay. All the blood test and what-not show stuff as negative and normal. She has gained 23 lbs since her arrival in the USA--she is now in the midst of her 5th month. We did switch pre-natal vitamins the others were making her sick--vomitando! The new ones do not bother her at all and have a yummy vanilla taste! On the 22nd we have an ultrasound scheduled. So hope things continue positive. Also we are avoiding fish as a family--the mercury risk seems something we are not willing to chance. My wife is taking an Omega-3 Fatty Acid supplement as well as the pre-natals.

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

Timeline

That's great Art!! Glad to hear from you and that things are going so well. and thanks to you too Marcella..I don't know..it just makes me really sad to think that my baby-making days may be over. I'm 33..will be 34 in July, and Craig was 36 in Feb. He may change his mind, I don't know, and I know we still COULD, I would just like to do it if we're going to before we get MUCH older, but the time just isn't right now. We'll see how it goes. Sorry for the semi-hijack here; it just seemed like the right place to post it. On with the baby stories! :) M.

ManU2.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey we didn't want a baby right now either. Its really not a good decision economically and anyway the baby comes when the baby comes I guess--but I believe my baby is a gift from God (please no flames here Gimygirl), especially in this case we were not at all trying to get pregnant and then I was supposed to work on Christmas day and at the last moment my wife pleaded for me to take that day off and I did and it was romantic etc. Anyway I say this because according to the hormonal analysis the Doctor says that our baby was concieved on the 24th or 25th of December.

I hope my baby is a lucky charm--but if he is a redheaded stepchild I will still love him/her like it weren't so...

I have names already ready but I won't share them cause I don't no one hijacking my names. But it won't be emily or michael I can tell you that much.

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

Timeline
I hope my baby is a lucky charm--but if he is a redheaded stepchild I will still love him/her like it weren't so...

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's toooooo funny Art!!! I believe your baby is a gift too...the most beautiful kind you could ever hope to have. So very happy for you! :luv:

ManU2.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Anyway I say this because according to the hormonal analysis the Doctor says that our baby was concieved on the 24th or 25th of December.

We're right there around the same time. BAsed on my research, our conception would have occured somewhere around 12/25 - 12/27. Your baby due mid-late September?

I have names already ready but I won't share them cause I don't no one hijacking my names. But it won't be emily or michael I can tell you that much.

Same here. We're closing in on a name for our little girl, too. There are still three names in the running (with two having a better chance of making it through to the end) yet none of them makes any of the top 10 lists out there. :no:

Edited by ET-US2004

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Michelle, at 39 I DEFINITELY thought I was done having kids! My boys are 13 and 10 and SO far removed from baby-ness, I couldn't even Imagine it......

My ex had a vasectomy so I knew was done having kids untilllllll...........meeting my soulmate.

Kev is an Awesom Stepdad to my boys and I knew he'd be a great bio- Dad, but with my kids so easy and all grown up, it was a tough decision. I had read much about how fertility crashes after 35 ears old so we came to the decision to at least try and see if it happened naturally, and sure enough first MONTH!!!!!!

This was definitely meant to be, and as a bonus, the amnio told us we have a HEALTHY baby girl.

I'm over the moon :-)

We've decided on the name Olivia

Sooooo at 33, I think you still have time!

I don't think you would ever look at your child and reget having them, but I can see NOT having a child together and regretting that!

Good luck

Edited by KiKi

"We are the real countries,

Not the boundaries drawn on maps,

With the names of powerful men.

That's all I've wanted -

To walk in such a place with you,

On an earth without maps."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kev (Canada/BC) & Kiki (USA/Oregon)

flag_usa_canada.gif

Married Nov. 27th, 2004

Done with USCIS until 2017!!

collage4.jpg

olivia12mo2.jpg

Timeline

Thanks Kiki...It's not so much my bio clock, tho like I mentioned, that's in the back of my mind..it's a couple of things..like..will Craig even decide that he DOES want a baby...if he's not really into it(we talked about this before he got here, but we weren't sure then either)then of course we won't...I want someone who's FULLY with me on this of course!! and 2...do I WANT to have a baby when I'm 38/40? NOTHING wrong with it, if it's what you want..but I'd be nearly 60 when the child graduates..that's one thing I always enjoyed with Corey..beinga young mom..I had him just before I turned 21...so...who knows. But..thanks for the response! It is really sad to me to think that maynever happen again, even if the decision is MUTUAL. ya know? :) M.

ManU2.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline
That's great Art!! Glad to hear from you and that things are going so well. and thanks to you too Marcella..I don't know..it just makes me really sad to think that my baby-making days may be over. I'm 33..will be 34 in July, and Craig was 36 in Feb. He may change his mind, I don't know, and I know we still COULD, I would just like to do it if we're going to before we get MUCH older, but the time just isn't right now. We'll see how it goes. Sorry for the semi-hijack here; it just seemed like the right place to post it. On with the baby stories! :) M.

You don't really mean that...being too old? I was 37 when I got pregnant with my first one, he was born when I was 38...and got pregnant again when I was 38 and she was born when I was 39. :) I had two babies in two years...It was hard but I do not regret one single minute. They are turning 1 and 2 now in couple of weeks and I will turn 40 in September!

Congratulations to all new Mommies and Daddies...and to all new Mommies-To-Be and Daddies-To-Be!

Edited by Lexa

** Chris & Aleksandra **

Missouri, USA - Slovenia, Europe

VJ-flags.jpg

~* Our Timeline *~

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: I'm not an immigration lawyer, the information I'm giving out

on this page is taken from my personal experience. I'm not saying these

are the 'correct' answers, or the ones anyone else should use. They are

merely the way in which I truthfully answered the questions on the forms

given our own experiences and situation.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Michelle,

You'll still be 60 if you DON'T have a child who is graduating...LOL.

Age is a state of mind.

My Dad had my sister at my age and was a far better and more patient parent to her than he was to my brother and I.

Of course I was never a "young Mom" as my first two kids were born when I was 27 and 30......so I don't know what that feels like. I am glad to have sown my oats, so to speak, BEFORE having kids....

Anyhow, I hear what you are saying, it's not about the age per se, but about your partner not being completely on board with the idea, and in that case I agree, it has to be 100% mutual!!

Maybe in a year or two when the dust settles, he'll change his mind!

Best of luck to you two whatever you decide!

"We are the real countries,

Not the boundaries drawn on maps,

With the names of powerful men.

That's all I've wanted -

To walk in such a place with you,

On an earth without maps."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kev (Canada/BC) & Kiki (USA/Oregon)

flag_usa_canada.gif

Married Nov. 27th, 2004

Done with USCIS until 2017!!

collage4.jpg