amysaid

Iran Election

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
My husband firmly believes that Iran will somehow be involved with the end of the world.

:lol: That probably just goes back to the Persian v. Arab dislike for one another.

He definitely is not fond of Iran but no, he says it's in some hadith or something.

I'm pretty sure it's related to what I linked above. Google the story of Gog and Magog.

I read what the link said but what I don't get is that it isn't a story in the Quran so why would he believe a story in the bible, you know? I noticed that one eager end-of-times author used to be the advisor to Netanyahu. THAT doesn't give me a warm n fuzzy.

Bottom line here, if that is true and if the Mayan calendar ending on 12/24/12 is true, can I stop saving for the kids' college education and take a cruise trip around Europe now? :unsure: I really really wanna. :innocent:

It's not just a bible story. I don't have time to put all the links here, but if you google Gog and Magog, it's all related to the same verses from Ezekiel, and they are in the Quran as well.

Ok I'll read up on this. http://www.submission.org/quran/Gog.html

guess i picked a bad time to stop sniffin' glue!

I would avoid submission.com Followers of Khalifa are not exactly mainstream Muslims.

The majority of the ulama say that Gog and Magog are the names of two tribes/races that will emerge at the end of time, around the time that Isa (AS) battles and defeats Dajjal. According to an authenticated hadith, one of the signs of the end of the time is that these groups, Gog and Magog, will return in large numbers, pillage the earth and spread corruption again. Isa (AS) will be inspired to seek refuge with his followers in Tur. Gog and Magog will coming running down from slopes in all directions. The forerunners will stop and drink at a lake at a Tabari lake, and this is where Iran enters the picture. Some understand this to mean a lake in Tabiristan, which is now Mazandaran in Iran. According to the same hadith, as the tail end of this huge pack arrives at the lake, the lake will be dry, so it shows that this is really a huge number of people. Isa (AS) and his companions will be besieged, run out of food and water, and be tested. Eventually, Isa (AS) and his companions will turn to Allah in supplication, and Allah will send worms into the necks into Gog and Magog. Isa (AS) and his companions will come out and find all the ground completely covered with the dead. Then Allah (SWT) will send down birds which will clean up the dead, and then rain to wash the earth. It is really speculation or at best a reasoned guess if it is truly Iran. Allahu alim. The important thing is to know enough to recognize the signs in case we are alive at that time rather than trying to figure out the who and where.

There are many unauthenticated hadiths about the end of times and appropriation from stories of the Christians and Jews and tons of guessing about who and what places are being referenced; we don't know if those things are true or not.

Edited by aisha kandisha

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

See my husband seems to think that the Dajjal will be a leader from Iran. It's so confusing because there are soooo many versions. I just read that they will be about 70 billion in number so where are they hiding then? Are they all still underground digging? This is scarey but really very intriguing at the same time.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Sorry Iran. You've been replaced by wall to wall coverage of Michael Jackson's passing.

This is obviously a conspiracy... the Iranian government sent an assassin to kill one of the few people whose death would cause a worldwide media frenzy, causing the Iranian protests to drop off the map.

I'm pretty sure they also broke up Jon & Kate.

:blink: :blink:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I feel bad for Farrah. Kind of like when Princess Diana's death soaked up all of the publicity leaving almost nothing for poor Mother Theresa.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I feel bad for Farrah. Kind of like when Princess Diana's death soaked up all of the publicity leaving almost nothing for poor Mother Theresa.

Yes.

I feel worse for the courageous Iranians still trying to make their voices heard. They were relying on foreign media and attention, and this makes it much harder for them. It was inevitable though. In our short-attention-span society, nothing stays on the front page longer than a few days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:thumbs: i was rather disillusioned with mother theresa being overshadowed by diana like that.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Update: The Guardian Council reconfirmed the current President elect is the the winner after the official 10% recount. Iran released 5 British Embassy employees but is still holding 4 for questioning. Iran blames the US but mostly Britain for the protests and interference with their government. The US and Britain says that's an old ploy to blame the outside. The opposition party still wants a new election.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

The election in Iran was a joke. They don't have a democracy, they have a dictatorship.

As far as the end of the world, Ahmadinejad believes in the second coming of the 12th Imam.

"According to Shi'ite Muslim teaching, Abul-Qassem Mohammad, the 12th leader whom Shi'ites consider descended from the Prophet Mohammed, disappeared in 941 but will return at the end of time to lead an era of Islamic justice."

Ahmadinejad has said that their revolution's main mission was to pave the way for the reaapearance of the 12th Imam. To do that he said Iran should become a powerful, developed and model Islamic society. He said they should define their economic, cultural and political policies based on the policy of Imam Mahdi's return. At one time, Ahmadinejad said that he was bathed in a light while giving a speach. He truly believes he is paving the way for the end of time so that the 12th Imam can return.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.