amysaid

Iran Election

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
My husband firmly believes that Iran will somehow be involved with the end of the world. He said it's written but of course can't show me where. Anyone else's husband/wife believe this from MENA?

Yes, I've heard that and always thought it referred to this.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
My husband firmly believes that Iran will somehow be involved with the end of the world.

:lol: That probably just goes back to the Persian v. Arab dislike for one another.

He definitely is not fond of Iran but no, he says it's in some hadith or something.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline
My husband firmly believes that Iran will somehow be involved with the end of the world.

:lol: That probably just goes back to the Persian v. Arab dislike for one another.

He definitely is not fond of Iran but no, he says it's in some hadith or something.

I'm pretty sure it's related to what I linked above. Google the story of Gog and Magog.

Timeline

I'm pretty sure it's related to what I linked above. Google the story of Gog and Magog.

I read what the link said but what I don't get is that it isn't a story in the Quran so why would he believe a story in the bible, you know? I noticed that one eager end-of-times author used to be the advisor to Netanyahu. THAT doesn't give me a warm n fuzzy.

Bottom line here, if that is true and if the Mayan calendar ending on 12/24/12 is true, can I stop saving for the kids' college education and take a cruise trip around Europe now? :unsure: I really really wanna. :innocent:

Timeline

I read what the link said but what I don't get is that it isn't a story in the Quran so why would he believe a story in the bible, you know? I noticed that one eager end-of-times author used to be the advisor to Netanyahu. THAT doesn't give me a warm n fuzzy.

Bottom line here, if that is true and if the Mayan calendar ending on 12/24/12 is true, can I stop saving for the kids' college education and take a cruise trip around Europe now? :unsure: I really really wanna. :innocent:

It's not just a bible story. I don't have time to put all the links here, but if you google Gog and Magog, it's all related to the same verses from Ezekiel, and they are in the Quran as well.

Timeline

It's not just a bible story. I don't have time to put all the links here, but if you google Gog and Magog, it's all related to the same verses from Ezekiel, and they are in the Quran as well.

Ok I'll read up on this. http://www.submission.org/quran/Gog.html

guess i picked a bad time to stop sniffin' glue!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I wouldn't worry about the end times or these fear talks. Y2K came and went without much hitch and so will the Mayan Calander thing. My Grandma told me when the turn of the century happened when her Mom was alive she told her people were saying the same things as when the turn of the century happened in 2000. I wouldn't be following the people that dressed themselves in purple clothes and killed themselves and their little kids to hitch a ride on the tail of a comet named Hailbop either.

Edited by ~Flower~

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

:yes: My husband has mentioned the story of Gog and Magog as well, and asked me if it was also in the Bible. But he never mentioned it in connection with Iran.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Timeline

:yes: My husband has mentioned the story of Gog and Magog as well, and asked me if it was also in the Bible. But he never mentioned it in connection with Iran.

I think it's one of those stories where everyone has learned a slightly different interpretation for what the various characters represent.

I found this article which I thought was interesting: http://www.theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/f...enical_mystery/

Edited by Jenn!

Timeline

I think it's one of those stories where everyone has learned a slightly different interpretation for what the various characters represent.

I found this article which I thought was interesting: http://www.theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/f...enical_mystery/

I just had time to skim it -- will read it more thoroughly at home -- but it does look interesting. J also talks about the antichrist and says one sign of the end times is that people will start running around nekkid. And he says that bit might have already begun :)

We don't go too far into the end-of-times stuff though. Those conversations usually take place at 4 am when we've both had way too little sleep.

I'm the USC.

Timeline

THIS thread is pretty spooky if you read through it. I thought it was kind of funny though about the hobbitts who ate all the food including the plates near an Indonesian volcano.

I"m bookmarking this for halloween!!! :dance::dance::dance:

So far I've read that gog and magog are hobbitts in Indonesia, that they will drink from some lake in Jordan, that all of this has actually already happened but in another dimension and we haven't hit that dimension yet so we just have to wait.

This beats merging my fringe benefit analysis for 14 companies! :thumbs:

Timeline
THIS thread is pretty spooky if you read through it. I thought it was kind of funny though about the hobbitts who ate all the food including the plates near an Indonesian volcano.

I didn't know there were hobbits in Islam!

Kidding -- I'll read it when I get home.

Heading out now -- our neighbor at work has been a bad, bad boy, so I'm gonna go dodge media trucks and get home to the hubster.

I'm the USC.

Timeline

I didn't know there were hobbits in Islam!

Kidding -- I'll read it when I get home.

Heading out now -- our neighbor at work has been a bad, bad boy, so I'm gonna go dodge media trucks and get home to the hubster.

Great now I'll have to go rent the Lord of the Rings dvds again! I smell a theme party coming up! I'll be Gog, hubby can be Magog. Just have to figure out the food part. :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.