Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

New ticker added :)

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Charles do you line dry? Anyone know how to make the clothes not so stiff besides ironing?

not here, i'm in a hotel. at home i'll put them on the drying rack until they are just slightly damp, then into the dryer they go, which makes them soft (works wonders with jeans, aka cardboard if line dried).

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Olivia, this might be a silly suggestion, but have you considered maybe wearing niqab when you go out by yourself? I don't know if that would make you blend in more or stick out more, depending on your neighborhood, but i know that when I go out in my neighborhood in Giza I blend in a lot more and attract a lot less attention when I'm wearing an abaya. Even though I wear hijab, they can still detect a foreigner from a mile away. :P

Hey Zee, Lisa and Bridget!

courtney I swear even when I did have a chance to sleep late, I couldn't

Ridasgirl, when I do have time without the babes I can't think of what I want to do first :wacko:

Chores, Gym, outings or how about NOTHING?

Nothing looks good about now but no so productive :blush:

I'd rather do just about anything than clean...but Rida will be here in just a few months...so it's necessity...otherwise the man might have a heart attack! Mama and Mouna keep their house BEYOND SPOTLESS...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Charles cardboard is how my clothes are turning out with these Egyptian washing machines and line drying. Unsure what to do about it exactally as dryers are few and far between to come by.

amysaid you mean a

niqab.jpg

I think it would draw more attention to me as you don't see that as often in Hurghada as you do in Cairo. I did see it at the beach here though. Sometimes I think about wearing that not for religious reasons or to have less attention but to keep clean. Everytime especially in Cairo when I'd go outside even if just for a little bit it felt like when I came back I was covered in a layer of filth and dirt and in need of a shower. I can see the niqab being very useful to protect my skin for this layer of filthy pollution. Also I would be concerned of giving my Husband and other people the wrong impression of me. I could explain it to my Husband it's not for religion but for protection from predator men but explain it to the neighbors is another task. And if I wanted to go out with hubby to a cafe how does one drink something or eat something in that? With a straw under the garment? And if I start and don't like it is it acceptable to go back to normal after the impression I've given others? I'm unsure it's worth the risks it may bring.

Len sorry she's MIA today. Maybe Hubby is back? I can't recall if he's returned already or not but last I knew he was on his way.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Charles do you line dry? Anyone know how to make the clothes not so stiff besides ironing?

not here, i'm in a hotel. at home i'll put them on the drying rack until they are just slightly damp, then into the dryer they go, which makes them soft (works wonders with jeans, aka cardboard if line dried).

:thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Happy Friday All!!

Good to hear from everyone. Had a quarterly meeting for work at Navy Pier in downtown chicago on a triple decker cruise boat, boy am I still nausous. Open buffet and open bar was nice, but tequila sunrises at noon may have not been...blaaaa Needless to say my ####### has been on the couch in the AC all night, We have some severe weather goin on in CHI today, cant wait for a nice 87 degree sunny day tomorrow, pretty sure were going to the beach.

Have a great weekend everyone and happy fathers day to all the dads

Kelly

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline

Love the new pix Kelly and I hope you're feeling better for the beach this weekend! Your job sounds so wonderful though with all the food and drinks sometimes.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Charles cardboard is how my clothes are turning out with these Egyptian washing machines and line drying. Unsure what to do about it exactally as dryers are few and far between to come by.

i do remember seeing something that looked like a tennis racket people would beat their rugs with to get the dust outta them. maybe use something similar to soften the clothes after they are dry?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

OMG their is a stray cat fight in my hall! I can hear them screaming. Sometimes the stray cats get in and poop on the hallway floor. I wonder how long it will take for someone to sweep and mop our halls and stair case. That's just disgusting.

Beat the clothes is an idea. They are so thick it makes me feel like I use too much soap. I keep reducing the soap and rinsing twice and wringing till I get blisters but they still come out stiff. This sucks. To send it all to be ironed costs L.E. and we don't have an iron yet and I'm not doing the ironing. I hate it.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Happy Friday in the US to everyone! (F)

Courtney I've been wondering where you have been lately and now I see you are so busy.

Never really busy for VJ, I have been kind of down lately. Not that I am not thankful for otheres good news but I do not want to rub my bad mojo on anyone LOL....

This last trip to Jordan is the only saving grace right now. Had I not gone for that week I am sure I would have gone banannas by now....

I realize its really Saturday now but I am just home from work and miss you MENA ladies.... and of course Charles ... Lol

Hope all are well I am off to celebrate visa movement ...... :)

Timeline

Awe (F). I hope the summer sunshine and memories of the recent trip to Jordan keep your spirits up. I know how it goes with the visa journey.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.