today: rain

tomorrow: rain

Sunday: rain

Monday: rain

Tuesday: rain

Wednesday: rain

Thursday: thunderstorms

Friday: rain

Jenn I think we should build an arc. Only thing is my cat is fixed so not sure I can bring her. We need two of everything that's able to reproduce.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
weather forecast:

today: rain

tomorrow: rain

Sunday: rain

Monday: rain

Tuesday: rain

Wednesday: rain

Thursday: thunderstorms

Friday: rain

Jenn I think we should build an arc. Only thing is my cat is fixed so not sure I can bring her. We need two of everything that's able to reproduce.

Ugh.

I'm supposed to drive to CT this weekend by myself for Fathers Day and I'm trying to figure out if I can get out of it somehow.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

*waves* Late morning' MENA.

Posting from the Blackberry - the day job's IT people are spying on everyone's internet usage *grr*

I need coffee, Mt Dew, lollipops, gum, a water gun, toothpicks! I look forward to sleeping in just a tiny bit tomorrow morning...

My schedule is killing me, and isn't fun in married life. I miss hubby a lot. Ah, well, its only for until Sept. :P

Amanda, I look forward to reading of the "visa in hand" announcement very very soon! We all so get together - bring yourselves to California! :D

Strawberries sounds so good.... I'm always in a fruit mood in the summer time, but I hate doing the cleaning :P so I tend to get them frozen for smoothies. Just dump and blend! Or I could always ask hubby to help fix up the fruit. Hehe

Tamara, I haven't really followed the details of what happened to you (just that police got involved), but that's great that there are a couple taking your case seriously!

Stay dry and cool everyone!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Morning Mena! Its another beauiful day from Calif. I am enjoying Kamal's family and my beautiful little nieces. At the same time I miss home. 10 more days before I go back to the real world.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Friday in the US to everyone! (F)

Maureen have a safe trip. Sorry I missed where you are off too.

Amanda not long now!

Charles do you line dry? Anyone know how to make the clothes not so stiff besides ironing?

Jess you're homesick? What's going on with you girl?

Amera a) pick your own fruit farm as they are there for three more weeks and the beach is there all summer.

Sandrilla have fun at the air show.

Awe Rosie well at least whille you're cleaning you may spray each other with the hose to cool down.

Jenn those pregnancy tickers always crack me up too.

Hi Brad nice to see you posting in the daily thread and lovely new siggy pix too.

Morning Zee.

Waves back to Lisa.

Courtney I've been wondering where you have been lately and now I see you are so busy.

bridget share!!! *drools*

Melynda w00t 18 days left!

Sara, Jackie happy friday!

Tamara that's great news I hope they catch that fraud soon.

a1angied those sound delicious!

Krissy sorry for the work issues in times like these I start a countdown calander to September in your case. :P

Turia I loooooooooove California but I'm having second thoughts about moving there after watching the news about their current status in the crisis situation. It looks really grim for them.

Well I'm off to the supermarket soon because it has sticker prices and I need one item in particular urgently and maybe I'll grab a box of cereal and some milk. Now for braving the onslot of harrassment from vendors between here and there. It should be busy since it's Friday and their weekend here. That will be my little outting for today.

Edited by ~Flower~

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Timeline

Olivia , just curious what you meant by onslaught of harassment from the vendors b/t here and there? I was always nervous about going outside because i dont liek all the staring and weird loks they give me but I duno if that is what you meant.... hope you are better and enjoying your time in hurghada....I never went that far south but I think we will next time :)

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Happy Friday in the US to everyone! (F)

Maureen have a safe trip. Sorry I missed where you are off too.

Amanda not long now!

Charles do you line dry? Anyone know how to make the clothes not so stiff besides ironing?

Jess you're homesick? What's going on with you girl?

Amera a) pick your own fruit farm as they are there for three more weeks and the beach is there all summer.

Sandrilla have fun at the air show.

Awe Rosie well at least whille you're cleaning you may spray each other with the hose to cool down.

Jenn those pregnancy tickers always crack me up too.

Hi Brad nice to see you posting in the daily thread and lovely new siggy pix too.

Morning Zee.

Waves back to Lisa.

Courtney I've been wondering where you have been lately and now I see you are so busy.

bridget share!!! *drools*

Melynda w00t 18 days left!

Sara, Jackie happy friday!

Tamara that's great news I hope they catch that fraud soon.

a1angied those sound delicious!

Krissy sorry for the work issues in times like these I start a countdown calander to September in your case. :P

Turia I loooooooooove California but I'm having second thoughts about moving there after watching the news about their current status in the crisis situation. It looks really grim for them.

Well I'm off to the supermarket soon because it has sticker prices and I need one item in particular urgently and maybe I'll grab a box of cereal and some milk. Now for braving the onslot of harrassment from vendors between here and there. It should be busy since it's Friday and their weekend here. That will be my little outting for today.

Sure im homesick...i get that way about the 3rd day im back here, but its the same when i go to NY i feel sad too. catch 22.

Sept is coming quickly and ill have my trip to ny for a few mths.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sandrilla I'm alright as the worst is over. Waleed didn't want me going out either and asked me to come to work with him to monitor me but I needed to go for a walk. It was good to get some fresh air and I'm taking my medicine. The average temp at night and in the mornings is in the high 70's then it gets to the high 90's and low 100's during the days. Summer just got started I hear from my friends in Alexandria. :P

ak3 what I mean is I've learned to walk in the street like the locals because if you walk on the side walk they think you are a tourist looking to buy something. Every single one of them asks you where are you from or what's your name. I put ear buds in my ears listening to the radio the next trip thinking they'd take the hint but instead they started asking me can I listen to your music. Then I learns to not smile at them or talk to them and put on a "poker face" as someone said. The interaction decreased but finally I just walked in the street. That still doesn't stop some of them and they are bold walking out to me in the street keeping pace with me and trying to talk to me even though I clearly ignore them and have to run away from them. After Waleed went walking a few times with me on the route they decreased and also it helps to wear more modest clothing to stop the comments coming from them. Here it's abad thing if they call you Russian or "Rooshua" it's like calling you a ####### and you don't want to give them that impression.

catknit have fun in India. Is it going to be as hot as it gets here?

Jess I remember you telling me about this before I was just worried for ya. Sounds like you need a countdown calander to September like Krissy. (F)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.