SAVM

Wow, the Philippines!

336 posts in this topic

proud to be PINAY! :thumbs:

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
And the rest of us know how to use foreign language dictionaries. :)

mine's asleep right now.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Timeline
Hmmm...bakit ba pinag iinitan nila ang Filipinas? inggit kaya sila? well..mamatay sila sa inggit.

just forget of this post...I was just joking.

have a peaceful and a wonderful day or night to Everyone! :innocent:

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was suppose to reply to a comment that has been removed.

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I really didn't appreciate the foreigners attacking/insulting us filipinas. The thing is that we can't change the way they see us. I think the only thing we can do is to prove to them that they are NOT any better than us. I don't believe that keeping quiet and avoiding arguments is the way to do it, especially if they are insulting our race. While I believe that we have to choose our own battles, I also believe that if someone pick a fight, we have the right to defend ourselves but of course, we should make sure that we're fighting in the best way we can and not dragging ourselves into the mud. Let's not reply to them them the way they are responding to us here. We can do so much better than that.

And yes, Filipinas make the best wives!!! Why? Because I and the filipinas and their spouses said so and even if others strongly disagree, I don't care! We're entitled to our own opinions and that is something they should learn to respect and get over with. Let us also respect their right to claim that their nationalities are the best. Let us not attack/insult people who don't agree with us and who are attacking/insulting us. Otherwise, we won't be any different from them at all.

Happy father's day to all fathers!!!

Have a great Sunday and goodluck to all of us here in VJ!!! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I really didn't appreciate the foreigners attacking/insulting us filipinas. The thing is that we can't change the way they see us. I think the only thing we can do is to prove to them that they are NOT any better than us. I don't believe that keeping quiet and avoiding arguments is the way to do it, especially if they are insulting our race. While I believe that we have to choose our own battles, I also believe that if someone pick a fight, we have the right to defend ourselves but of course, we should make sure that we're fighting in the best way we can and not dragging ourselves into the mud. Let's not reply to them them the way they are responding to us here. We can do so much better than that.

And yes, Filipinas make the best wives!!! Why? Because I and the filipinas and their spouses said so and even if others strongly disagree, I don't care! We're entitled to our own opinions and that is something they should learn to respect and get over with. Let us also respect their right to claim that their nationalities are the best. Let us not attack/insult people who don't agree with us and who are attacking/insulting us. Otherwise, we won't be any different from them at all.

You are entitled to your opinions.

And you have the right to express them. Which you did.

By expressing your views, the rest of us then have the right to form our own opinions of your views and by extension our views of you.

Your views have been noted. The logic behind your opinion appears to be "because I said so". That line of reasoning may work in the schoolyard, it doesn't work in adult conversation. My views of your reasoning skills are formed, as a result.

For the record I don't claim that "my nationality" is the best. I don't think there is such a thing as "the best nationality" for choosing a spouse, or for anything.

Have a good weekend and Fathers Day too.

My fellow Filipinas, can we just let this issue rest please? I've been a VJ member since 2005 and believe me, kapag nag-umpisa na ang pagbubuhat natin ng bangko, it starts going downhill.

Please lang po. :thumbs:

p.s.

pero mahaba talaga hair natin :lol::yes:

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

filipinas is a race? really? a culture yes ... an nationality yes ..

Here we go again with the filipinas make the best wives. wow ... just wow ... :blink:

Timeline

You are entitled to your opinions.

And you have the right to express them. Which you did.

By expressing your views, the rest of us then have the right to form our own opinions of your views and by extension our views of you.

Your views have been noted. The logic behind your opinion appears to be "because I said so". That line of reasoning may work in the schoolyard, it doesn't work in adult conversation. My views of your reasoning skills are formed, as a result.

For the record I don't claim that "my nationality" is the best. I don't think there is such a thing as "the best nationality" for choosing a spouse, or for anything.

Have a good weekend and Fathers Day too.

Thanks scandal for sharing your opinion of me...I do respect your opinion and I'm sorry if you think that my form of reasoning only works in "schoolyard". The thing is I am giving my opinion and not looking for a debate here since this topic has been really long already because of people questioning why people here are saying this and that about us filipinas and to the point of insulting our race. And I don't want to go to that route again because it's a never ending story. Saying "because I said so" is just the shortest way to deal with it. Also, I don't think all opinions require reasonings. But if you want reasonings, please feel free to browse the pages and I'm sure you'll get what you're asking for.

About being the best...It doesn't matter who is the best and if there is a best or not. As I've said, it's opinion-based, it doesn't need to be the same with other people's opinions. Others may have an opinion on something. Others may not. If you believe that there's no such thing as best nationality for choosing spouse, I respect that. If filipinas and the spouses want to believe that there is such thing as best wives, let it be. All I was saying (for the nth time) is that as long as we are not attacking or insulting each other because they disagree with us, that is so fine. Agree?

:) :) :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

who insulted your "race" exactly?i think what most people are feeling iffy about is your outrageous claim that your nationality churns out the best women in the world. that's a totally stupid and ridiculous thing to say, not to mention borderline racist.

get over yourself. you spout these words of peace and free luvin and all that good stuff, but don't try to practice it yourself. that's not cool. hence, another classic example of why humanity sucks and why there will never be utopia in this world. we are just inherently self destructive, and even this small example serves to prove that.

have a nice day.

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

by the way, i'd like to see where in my comments you may find any insults or attacks. just read your above post and think you're being a bit too dramatic. just admit that your comment was offensive to anyone who is not from the philippines. that's all.

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

filipinas is a race? really? a culture yes ... an nationality yes ..

Here we go again with the filipinas make the best wives. wow ... just wow ... :blink:

You are begging the question then, of WHO qualifies as a race. Please enlighten us, professor? :star: :star:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Timeline
who insulted your "race" exactly?i think what most people are feeling iffy about is your outrageous claim that your nationality churns out the best women in the world. that's a totally stupid and ridiculous thing to say, not to mention borderline racist.

get over yourself. you spout these words of peace and free luvin and all that good stuff, but don't try to practice it yourself. that's not cool. hence, another classic example of why humanity sucks and why there will never be utopia in this world. we are just inherently self destructive, and even this small example serves to prove that.

have a nice day.

Please do check out the pages again and look for those comments saying that filipinas are scammers and that we'll do whatever it takes just to get out of our country, making it sound like we're some kind of a gold digger dirt and the sexy street stalker comments? If those are not considered as insult to you, I don't know anymore. Then you can also talk to me about being a racist...

For the record, reading the forums before the insults were thrown, I didn't see filipinas or their spouses saying anything against others. I guess you're right, it's the claim that filipinas make the best wives which set-off other nationalities. But what do you expect? The topic is in a Philippine regional forum and it's questioning filipinas. Surely you would have expected replies which are pro-filipinas since it came from filipinas and the spouses of the filipinas. And again, for the nth time, it's opinion-based. You don't necessarily have to agree with it. You could have said that you disagree by saying it nicely and being civilized and not by attacking or saying this and that about us and judging people because of the choices they made in their lives. Once the insults and attacks are thrown, you can't expect all people to accept it and not say a word. Isn't it easier and nicer to say "I disagree to your opinion because I believe this and that"...Instead of starting the insults/attack?

Also for the record, I'm not sprouting peace and free loving and all the good stuffs. I'm not nice like that. I was making a point which was clearly missed here. Having said that, let me spell it out this time:

Let's respect each other's opinion and not attack/insult one another!!!

Have a great Sunday!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.