babykim

need help so bad

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

im having my interview this coming thuesday.i have form here 1040 and form 4562...form 1040 is same to w2?can anybody show me what its w2?thank in advance for ur all reply i appreciate it so much...

K1

JULY 28-2008---meet my baby tim online
AUG 26-2008---meet my baby in person
SEPT 03-2008---wen my baby went back home
OCT 07-2008---complete petition has been filed
OCT 10-2008---receive NOA1
DEC 29-2008---2nd visit and wer both happy
JAN 01-2009---my baby tim proposed me and im happily engaged
JAN 15-2009---wen my baby went back home to US
MAR 11-2009---3rd visit and wer together again thanks God for the time u give us.
MAR 16-2009---he fly back to US again,i really miss him and cant handle to be far from him.
APRIL 01-2009---RFE
APRIL 08-2009---touch
APRIL 28-2009---NOA2 hard copy receive
MAY 04-2009---NVC letter receive..yeeheee!!!
MAY 25-2009---medical.. PASSED!!!!
JUNE 16-2009---interview..APPROVED!!!thanks God
JUNE 19-2009---visa on hand
JUNE 22-2009---US entry POE Minneapolis
AUG 22-2009---MARRIED

AOS

SEPT 18-2009---AOS Sent
SEPT 28-2009---NOA1 receive
OCT 15-2009---BIOMETRICS APPT. DONE
OCT 17-2009---RFE recent tax
NOV 15-2009---EAD and AP RECEIVE in MAIL
NO INTERVIEW in my GREENCARD
DEC 10-2009---GREENCARD APPROVAL letter send
DEC 14-2009---GREENCARD APPROVAL letter on mailbox
DEC 15-2009---GREENCARD on HANDS woohoo.. thanks God

hzunaajglscc.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

form W-2 is a form from his employer showing earnings and tax's held, and other deductions. Form 1040 is his income tax return. Both are acceptable, I'm sure you will only need to show one or the other. Form 1040 is probably a better judge of his financial support, since he may have had other jobs as well.

Relax, I know it's hard to do that now, but you have to walk in to the embassy with confidence. Get all your papers together, check them once, check them twice, make a checklist if you need to....... then check it again. Put them in a big envelope, and forget about it till very early tuesday morning.

Good luck at your interview......Your gonna do fine!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
im having my interview this coming thuesday.i have form here 1040 and form 4562...form 1040 is same to w2?can anybody show me what its w2?thank in advance for ur all reply i appreciate it so much...

1040 is not the same as W-2.

Form 1040 is the primary tax return form, listing all the income, deductions, exemptions, taxes, and tax credits of the filer.

A tax return normally consists of 1040 with additional accompanying schedules and forms and receipts.

Form W-2 is a document normally provided by the employer, which states the earnings and withheld taxes.

If a person had only one job, s/he should have just a single W-2. If a person had several jobs, normally they would have a W-2 from each employer.

The reason the W-2 is important for your interview as proof of income is that anyone could theoretically fill out a 1040 and list income on it, even if it was not true. But a W-2 proves that there was really a job that provided that income.

What I did instead was to request an IRS tax transcript. This lists all the information recorded by the IRS for the tax return. If they didn't get a W-2 for employment earnings, they would not list those earnings on the transcript. Hence the transcript is an easy way to prove the income without sending attachments like W-2s.

you need w-2's to go with the 1040's (same years). (and any 1099's as applicable).

Do a google on W-2 - i'm sure there is a picture out there - it basically shows the persons total income, taxes witheld, and other money taken.

It's a requirement to have this "info" as evidence, a 1040 alone will not work.

(oh - it says "W-2" on it)

form W-2 is a form from his employer showing earnings and tax's held, and other deductions. Form 1040 is his income tax return. Both are acceptable, I'm sure you will only need to show one or the other. Form 1040 is probably a better judge of his financial support, since he may have had other jobs as well.

Relax, I know it's hard to do that now, but you have to walk in to the embassy with confidence. Get all your papers together, check them once, check them twice, make a checklist if you need to....... then check it again. Put them in a big envelope, and forget about it till very early tuesday morning.

No - you need both. One without the other will generate problems (RFE's usually at the AOS stage), but at the embassy, they will probably require it and delay the process.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Here is what the W-2 looks like.

w2.jpg

And this is guidance from the state department (for the embassies - this was taken directly from the Ankara embassy site)

For Petitioner: Complete the original Form I-134, Affidavit of Support and its supplemental documents: W-2 and 1040 tax forms (for the last taxable year), bank and other financial statements and forward it to your relative. (if you are not qualified to sponsor your relative financially, you must find a co-sponsor who can present a Notarized Form I-134 and supplemental documents in addition to your Affidavit of Support. Also you must prepare a statement explaining why you did not pay any taxes to the U.S. Government during the last taxable year).
Edited by Bobby_Umit

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

but he have his own business do he still need that w-2?but i have a bank statements for 3 months.im so worried about it coz in 2 days im havign my interview,and i dont know if we have time on that..thanks for ur sweet rply

K1

MAR 11-2009---3rd visit and wer together again thanks God for the time u give us.
MAR 16-2009---he fly back to US again,i really miss him and cant handle to be far from him.
APRIL 01-2009---RFE
APRIL 08-2009---touch
AUG 22-2009---MARRIED

AOS

SEPT 18-2009---AOS Sent

hzunaajglscc.png

but he have his own business do he still need that w-2?but i have a bank statements for 3 months.im so worried about it coz in 2 days im havign my interview,and i dont know if we have time on that..thanks for ur sweet rply

Ah - you didn't state that -

He would have to show all schedules then, (all the extra paperwork he would fill out when filling out taxes).

(Tax transcripts would be the better option here - it has everything you need). He can call the IRS and have them faxed to him, and he can send them to you.

Timeline
you need w-2's to go with the 1040's (same years). (and any 1099's as applicable).

Do a google on W-2 - i'm sure there is a picture out there - it basically shows the persons total income, taxes witheld, and other money taken.

It's a requirement to have this "info" as evidence, a 1040 alone will not work.

(oh - it says "W-2" on it)

No - you need both. One without the other will generate problems (RFE's usually at the AOS stage), but at the embassy, they will probably require it and delay the process.

but he have his own business do he still need that w-2?but i have a bank statements for 3 months.im so worried about it coz in 2 days im havign my interview,and i dont know if we have time on that..thanks for ur rply

K1

APRIL 01-2009---RFE
APRIL 08-2009---touch
AUG 22-2009---MARRIED

AOS

SEPT 18-2009---AOS Sent

hzunaajglscc.png

Timeline

He would have to show all schedules then, (all the extra paperwork he would fill out when filling out taxes).

(Tax transcripts would be the better option here - it has everything you need). He can call the IRS and have them faxed to him, and he can send them to you.

because wher using the lawyer who wud file our petition and she said that because my fiance got his own business we can only show his bank statements and he be fine...but i know they have other form for the people who have own business to show in the embassy during interview..im so worried now..

K1

APRIL 01-2009---RFE
APRIL 08-2009---touch
AUG 22-2009---MARRIED

AOS

SEPT 18-2009---AOS Sent

hzunaajglscc.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

moved from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures to US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Income tax returns shoul dbe accompanied by the w-2 or form 1099 (for self employed or contract employees) OR a tax transcript from the IRS. You need either the form w-2 or the 1099 to go with the tax return. The w2 is an attachment to the 1040, it is not the same.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

because wher using the lawyer who wud file our petition and she said that because my fiance got his own business we can only show his bank statements and he be fine...but i know they have other form for the people who have own business to show in the embassy during interview..im so worried now..

OK,never mind. If he has his own business then he will not have w2 or 1099, this is OK, but he needs to have his attachments showing the income from his business, such as "schedule C" or a corporate tax return (if his business is incoporated) There needs o tbe some dcumentation of the SOURCE of income.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

OK,never mind. If he has his own business then he will not have w2 or 1099, this is OK, but he needs to have his attachments showing the income from his business, such as "schedule C" or a corporate tax return (if his business is incoporated) There needs o tbe some dcumentation of the SOURCE of income.

what he said :whistle:

Question?

Does he have tax returns? Has he filed?

Maybe he has a business and hasn't filed?

Surf,

05/26/2009 - Mailed I-129F to VSC

05/28/2009 - I-129F Received by VSC

05/29/2009 - NOA1 Date & mailed by VSC

06/02/2009 - Check Cashed by VSC

06/03/2009 - Got Case Number from back of canceled check image

06/04/2009 - Received NOA1, postmarked 06/02/2009

09/10/2009 - Amended Notice I-797 Email?

09/15/2009 - NVC Received file

09/16/2009 - NOA2 Hardcopy received!

09/17/2009 - NVC sent file to consulate

09/25/2009 - Consulate received hardcopy file

RV .'.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Your fiance should be the one taking care of all this. He will understand what is required by simply reading the forms.

You have enough to prepare for without having to learn about the US tax filing system.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.