laureldevine

story of how we met

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
should this be a cut and dry story just explaining dates of when we met, and when we have traveled to see each other..

or should it be a passionate love story?

Two sentences should do ti. They want to know how you met in person for the first time. I ALMOST, but not quite, fit it in the space provided on the form. Romance gets you no extra points.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
should this be a cut and dry story just explaining dates of when we met, and when we have traveled to see each other..

or should it be a passionate love story?

Cut and dry. If they wanted a long story they would have given more space than that little box.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey, one can hope!!

For evidence, for the i-129f, we are sending about 10 pics together,

we have 3 or 4 of our boarding passes to see each other,

about 10 cards to each other for holidays,

passport stamps

and a few emails

do you think that would be enough?

and he is in the USA while we are filing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hey, one can hope!!

passport stamps

and a few emails

short and to the point, they don't care for anyone's love story. just be sure to include the dates to the best of your knowledge. :luv:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMvs4P_z7zs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMvs4P_z7zs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMvs4P_z7zs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1.png

2.png

Timeline
Hey, one can hope!!

passport stamps

and a few emails

Really. I had a two sentence description, ONE photo and boarding passes and passport stamps from the trip where we met by complete mistake.

They need a description and primary (travel evidence) and secondary (photos) evidence of meeting in person. Emails, cards, letters etc are specifically NOT evidence of meeting in person. It will hurt nothing to send it, but it is not necessary for the petition. I saved it for the interview. Some people suggest adding evidence of relationship (cards, emails etc) and there is no harm in it.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hey, one can hope!!

passport stamps

and a few emails

that should be enough for the states, you just need to prove you have met in person. when he interviews in his country, that is when you'll need all the eveidence you can get to show them.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMvs4P_z7zs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMvs4P_z7zs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMvs4P_z7zs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1.png

2.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hey, one can hope!!

passport stamps

and a few emails

Really. I had a two sentence description, ONE photo and boarding passes and passport stamps from the trip where we met by complete mistake.

They need a description and primary (travel evidence) and secondary (photos) evidence of meeting in person. Emails, cards, letters etc are specifically NOT evidence of meeting in person. It will hurt nothing to send it, but it is not necessary for the petition. I saved it for the interview. Some people suggest adding evidence of relationship (cards, emails etc) and there is no harm in it.

Geez, Gary! I hope you meant "by accident"! :blush:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We wrote in that space 'see at attached papers', and we attached two cover letters wrote by both me and him of how we met and we just wrote how we feel about each other... :):luv: It's up to every couple, I guess...

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I can't find my copy of our answer to Q18, but it was decently short. Something along the lines of "Sophie was working in the USA as an au pair, and we met at a beach party held by mutual friends in Long Island, NY."

That's probably all we needed but Jesse threw in some details about when I went back to Australia and when he came to visit me here. It was still no longer than a short paragraph and more or less just the basic facts, no declarations of love or anything.

July 2007 - met Jesse at a beach party held by mutual friends in Long Island, NY

May 2008 - J-1 visa expired, had to move back to Australia

July 2008-September 2008 - lived with Jesse for three months in Staten Island, NY

March 2009 - Jesse comes to Australia for 3 weeks

April 2009 - Engaged!

05/20/09 - I-129F petition mailed in

05/22/09 - NOA1!

05/25/09 - touch

09/09/09 - NOA2!

10/01/09 - due to fiance's illness, we are abandoning pursuit of K-1 at this point. Packet 3 received from consulate but won't be returned.

arnie.jpg

Our baby boy, Arnie.

Timeline
Hey, one can hope!!

passport stamps

and a few emails

Geez, Gary! I hope you meant "by accident"! :blush:

:rofl::bonk: Yes...accident. I wouldn't even had had ONE photo but Alla is a camera bug and asked a waitress to take our picture in a restaraunt. I met her by ACCIDENT and had no clue at the time she would be my wife.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Your evidence looks good, but don't forget the letters of intent to marry from each other. Unless the requirements changed we sent those signed by hand.

The question of how we met, we elaborated a little bit just in the sense that what we wrote in the letter followed the rest of the evidence (photos, etc) we had, to create a chronological sequence of events, up to where he asked my hand in marriage to my father. We decided to do things that way 'cus we thought it helped show the slow development of our relationship and also that we both knew each others families. The idea was to clearly show the depth of our relationship.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We wrote quite a lot but only because our actual first meeting needed a lot of writing. If that wasn't the case, we would have kept the story short and straight. Good luck on your journey!

K-1 TIMELINE:

05-11-2009: NOA1

05-20-2009: called the Military Help Line and requested for expedite

06-04-2009: NOA2

06-14-2009: NVC letter received in the mail

07-02-2009: Packet 4 received

08-27-2009: Interview - Visa approved!

09-03-2009: visa in hands.

09-20-2009: POE - Miami

09-21-2009: we got married!

AOS TIMELINE:

05-12-2010: NOA1

06-08-2010: Case transferred to CSC

06-21-2010: Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.