Djwalker60

Cancel I-129F

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Greetings;

We'll after 8 months I think Alina and I have come to an end. I guess she feels that I am not "strong" enough for her. We communicated for months via Skype Video and everything was going ok, then yestarday she "went off" on my telling me that i am not strong, a whinny guy, i told her i loved her too much and so on. Lastly i was to see her in July and her comment was "if you do not listen to me do not come to me in july" So, am i wrong for canceling this? is her heart not in the right place..?? i do not think so.. With that said, what format? i understand it needs to be notarized and sent to same address as i sent the petition. Correct? Finally,, can i file again at a later date without a waiver... I write this with a heavy heart.... Dan from seattle..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hmmm "if you don't listen to me don't come" means to you "I wanna break up with you"?. Don't do things you will regret.

Good luck,

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

You're not canceling the petition but rather 'withdrawing' it.

A simple but professional letter should be drafted containing both your and the beneficiary's identifying information (including current receipt/case number) and a brief explanation (generic is fine) for the withdrawal.

Include a copy of your NOA1/I-797c and mail to the service center where your case is now pending. I would annotate on the envelope "Withdrawal of Petition I-129f."

May or may not have an effect on future filings - usually not but every case is different.

Best of luck to you. :thumbs:

Greetings;

We'll after 8 months I think Alina and I have come to an end. I guess she feels that I am not "strong" enough for her. We communicated for months via Skype Video and everything was going ok, then yestarday she "went off" on my telling me that i am not strong, a whinny guy, i told her i loved her too much and so on. Lastly i was to see her in July and her comment was "if you do not listen to me do not come to me in july" So, am i wrong for canceling this? is her heart not in the right place..?? i do not think so.. With that said, what format? i understand it needs to be notarized and sent to same address as i sent the petition. Correct? Finally,, can i file again at a later date without a waiver... I write this with a heavy heart.... Dan from seattle..

Damn, I am sorry to hear this. Without knowing more detail it is tough to really form an opinion, and you seemed to be asking a procedural question anyway. Based on your post, I am not sure she is ending things or not - but you clearly are. Although Eastern European women generally seem to very much appreciate kindness and gentleness in a guy, they definitely do not seem to like anything that appears weak, soft, or indecisive. PM me if you want to chat. Best of luck.

Edited by Brad and Vika

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Are you sure there is nothing you can do to work things out? Sometimes woman can be quite emotional ,especially, away from loved ones. Its difficult enough for a Long Distance relationship... and on top of that more stress that comes along with this VISA issue.

I think there are many moments that my fiance and i were frustrated with our situation, especially with our busy work schedule. We tried so hard to see eachother at least every 2 months. Which we did for the first year. We are thankful that our k1 Visa process went along so smoothly, so he's able to join me in July. But trust me... when she's upset, she might say hurtful things.

I say, give it some time and see if its going to work out?

Timeline:

2/18/2009: Mailed I-129F Form

2/20/2009: NOA 1 Receipt Date

3/20/2009: NOA 2 Notice Approval Date

05/28/2009: Interview APPROVED

7/22/2009 --POE (LAX)-- We are together forever <3

AOS Journey Begins Here ^------^

7/28/2009 -- Applied for SSN & Registered for Marriage License

8/3/2009 -- Civil Ceremony

8/5/2009 -- Received Marriage Certificate via Express Mail. Pass DMV Written Exam & Received Permit

08/11/2009-- Mailed AOS to Chicago, IL

08/17/2009 -- Check clears $1010 USCIS

8/20/2009- Touched ^---^

8/21/2009-- NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765 Hard Copy

08/29/2009-- Received Biometrics Appointment Letter in the mail, dated 08/26

09/03/2009 -- Early Walk In Biometrics Appt (Original Date 09/23)

09/04/2009 -- Touched ^---^

09/29/2009 -- EAD Card Production

10/07/2009 -- EAD Card Received

10/16/2009 AOS I-485 Interview in Los Angeles(APPROVED)

10/28/2009 -- GC in HAND <3

Timeline

I told myself i will give it a week. I told her that i would call on saturday. If she still has the same attitude on Saturday, then i will begin to withdraw the petition. I understand she can be emotional and it it difficult but to say many not nice things to a man whom you are suppose to love? then it can't be true love.. can it? to call someone weak and because he is not a drunken #### from the mother country who likes to beat their woman or have many girl friends, then i guess i am weak. I always did everything i could for her. Never said anything harsh and if telling someone you love them.. then again i am weak..

I won't do anything for one week

Dan

Are you sure there is nothing you can do to work things out? Sometimes woman can be quite emotional ,especially, away from loved ones. Its difficult enough for a Long Distance relationship... and on top of that more stress that comes along with this VISA issue.

I think there are many moments that my fiance and i were frustrated with our situation, especially with our busy work schedule. We tried so hard to see eachother at least every 2 months. Which we did for the first year. We are thankful that our k1 Visa process went along so smoothly, so he's able to join me in July. But trust me... when she's upset, she might say hurtful things.

hey i am sorry to hear that but remember u can not file again for 2 years bcz the immigration only allows one visa in 2 years period.

take a little time more to think what to do bcz sometime in a rush u make decision which maybe regretful,,

best wishes

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Greetings;

All you need to do is write a letter to the service center where you petiton is at ask them to withdraw it.

You dont need it notoarized or anything, enclose your case number and a copy of your NOA 1. Dont tell them a long draw out story, just that you want to withdraw. Im sorry your going thru this. Oh it took USCIS 3 months to officially withdraw my petitions last year.

Best wishes,

Beth

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
hey i am sorry to hear that but remember u can not file again for 2 years bcz the immigration only allows one visa in 2 years period.

Sorry, but this is not true. If you file again before the two year period, you only need to submit a letter requesting a waiver; read in the IMBRA forum on VJ for more info.

DJ;

As Brad said, Russian and former Soviet Union women expect a man to show strength. This is not to imply you beat women or drink heavily; it implies you can make a solid decision, plan a future for your family, support yourself and your family, protect your wife, etc. She has spent little real time with you and can only really judge you via skype, email, etc. Be strong, be confident, PM me if you wish. You have a strong family here in VJ, especially in the Russian Forum.

I urge you not to withdraw now; give it some time and really learn her feelings and your feelings.

Edited by john and natalya

I told myself i will give it a week. I told her that i would call on saturday. If she still has the same attitude on Saturday, then i will begin to withdraw the petition. I understand she can be emotional and it it difficult but to say many not nice things to a man whom you are suppose to love? then it can't be true love.. can it? to call someone weak and because he is not a drunken #### from the mother country who likes to beat their woman or have many girl friends, then i guess i am weak. I always did everything i could for her. Never said anything harsh and if telling someone you love them.. then again i am weak..

Dan

Look Im not Dear Abby, but you can do this, leave the petiton alone, once its approve, it will go to the NVC if you do not respond to the NVC within 1 year, the petition will automatically die. Maybe your girl will come around, this process can be un-able at times, even I've saidd things out of line to my husband which I regret, but he knew it was out of loneliness and frustration, we stuck it out, and still in this nighmare immigration process together, so many times people feel like just walking away from it, but in truth we cant, cause we stick it out for our loved ones, always knowing in our heart, this process with end one day. Its hard to walk away from your heart, I know that for sure. Just give it more time before withdrawing peition if you do it. Give her a bit more time. My best wishes to you!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Timeline

Dan

Look Im not Dear Abby, but you can do this, leave the petiton alone, once its approve, it will go to the NVC if you do not respond to the NVC within 1 year, the petition will automatically die. Maybe your girl will come around, this process can be un-able at times, even I've saidd things out of line to my husband which I regret, but he knew it was out of loneliness and frustration, we stuck it out, and still in this nighmare immigration process together, so many times people feel like just walking away from it, but in truth we cant, cause we stick it out for our loved ones, always knowing in our heart, this process with end one day. Its hard to walk away from your heart, I know that for sure. Just give it more time before withdrawing peition if you do it. Give her a bit more time. My best wishes to you!!

The petitioner need not respond to NVC for a K1 visa. Otherwise, yes the OP could simply do nothing for the time being. I'm not Dear Abby either but although I understand David feels "hurt" at the moment, he IS acting pretty whiney. If I WERE Dear Abby, I'd be temped to advise him to cowboy up and see how she responds to a less whiney fiance.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Sorry, but this is not true. If you file again before the two year period, you only need to submit a letter requesting a waiver; read in the IMBRA forum on VJ for more info.

DJ;

As Brad said, Russian and former Soviet Union women expect a man to show strength. This is not to imply you beat women or drink heavily; it implies you can make a solid decision, plan a future for your family, support yourself and your family, protect your wife, etc. She has spent little real time with you and can only really judge you via skype, email, etc. Be strong, be confident, PM me if you wish. You have a strong family here in VJ, especially in the Russian Forum.

I urge you not to withdraw now; give it some time and really learn her feelings and your feelings.

Right - O. I have not heard of a waiver being denied yet (might have happened). If you chat with some of us that are a little further along, we can help with some of the cultural issues. IMHO that is probably what you are dealing with here. Stay the course, and don't do anything until you can think clearly.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

sorry to hear your situation, i have been through sort of the same. i filed a k1 2 years ago for a woman in colombia, things were great all along. then stress between us drove us apart. i can tell you that i file another k1 after that one, i did not even submit a waiver. because i withdraw the orignal one, before it was issued, or used. so really the first k1 made it to nvc but no further. i think the 2 year wait applies when the first k1 is used, or the woman comes to us , and decides to leave. in my case we did not make it that far. i did submit a letter with signature , notarized to uscis, i got an offical letter informed the petition was withdrawln.

also, my current k1 at embassy in manila now, i have never gotten any rfe's from the 6 months at uscis, or the 2 months at NVC! , hope this helps

hey i am sorry to hear that but remember u can not file again for 2 years bcz the immigration only allows one visa in 2 years period.take a little time more to think what to do bcz sometime in a rush u make decision which maybe regretful,,

best wishes

abby n sheryl

Not true!! First of all, no visa has been issued - the petition has not even been approved yet. And there is no required 2 year waiting period between filing petitions. If you file a second petition within 2 years of a previoulsy approved petition (or file more that 2 in your lifetime) you need to request a waiver under IMBRA .

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I would say, just wait until your petition goes to NVC =) It might work out. I think all of us here, have had experience & arguments due to frustration and loneliness of not being able to be with our special someone.

Sometimes its all about seeing how strong the relationship is... whether you two are going to stuck it out...

I say, just calm down and see where this head into....

Too many unpredictable factors in a relationship... and in life...

Timeline:

2/18/2009: Mailed I-129F Form

2/20/2009: NOA 1 Receipt Date

3/20/2009: NOA 2 Notice Approval Date

05/28/2009: Interview APPROVED

7/22/2009 --POE (LAX)-- We are together forever <3

AOS Journey Begins Here ^------^

7/28/2009 -- Applied for SSN & Registered for Marriage License

8/3/2009 -- Civil Ceremony

8/5/2009 -- Received Marriage Certificate via Express Mail. Pass DMV Written Exam & Received Permit

08/11/2009-- Mailed AOS to Chicago, IL

08/17/2009 -- Check clears $1010 USCIS

8/20/2009- Touched ^---^

8/21/2009-- NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765 Hard Copy

08/29/2009-- Received Biometrics Appointment Letter in the mail, dated 08/26

09/03/2009 -- Early Walk In Biometrics Appt (Original Date 09/23)

09/04/2009 -- Touched ^---^

09/29/2009 -- EAD Card Production

10/07/2009 -- EAD Card Received

10/16/2009 AOS I-485 Interview in Los Angeles(APPROVED)

10/28/2009 -- GC in HAND <3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.