303 posts in this topic

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like sunshine, rainbows, lollipops, and cotton wool... :crying:

anyone have a kitten piccie... can't be arsed to get one for y'all...

kittens-cant-save.jpg

Aaaahw poor little fellas :crying:

Entry in the USA: May 13 2005

10 yr GC approved: October 5 2007

It's quite unfortunate that drama instigated your departure yet you are unable to leave without creating much of the same. If it is indeed true what you post and you are leaving, I'm sure we will soon see that your account and the "long standing member's" account are disabled. Sad to see that you've tried to take the easy way out by posting at almost 11p CST; drop a bomb and then exit stage left.

Announcing invites to your new website is like rubbing a puppy's nose in his wet spot. A woman of your years should be well above that and make a graceful exit. That being said, I'm sure your new environment will be more well suited to your liking because you can control the members.

:yes:

:yes::thumbs:

It's unfortunate to see that a long standing member only feels validated in leaving when another enables them and posts a cryptic farewell thread as well. It's also sad that a farewell thread gets reported, as if the drama of just leaving wasn't enough. How can one discern it was reported? Captain Ewok never posts on threads unless they are brought to his attention.

I wish Sukie175 and her new club well on their venture. I'm sure their site will be filled with meaningless posts where no one gets real for fear of hurting someone's fragile ego with the truth. Cheers.

new club??? :huh:

alot of members formed new and exclusive clubs beyond VJ.

I'll just quote someone else :)

I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.

Groucho Marx

Honestly, I like this forum. Some of you have been very helpful with any information I've needed with my visa. Some of you have been very friendly.

But I have found it hard to feel like I am part of the community at large. Suppose that is because I am a "newbie" and have cooties or something, But oh well. So what. I will get what I need out of it, hopefully make some good friends along the way. Ignore the things you don't like and enjoy the things you do.

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Filed: Timeline

Ok, I waded through this whole thing, and what it left me with is as follows:

VJ has become hostile to certain long-term members, and in order to preserve their non-hostile spirit they're setting up an elite, members-only, only by exclusive invitation, if you don't get an invitation you're part of the problem and we hate you and you're probably smelly, personal website. And mentioning said website, and it's exclusivity......instead of peacefully stepping back, sending invites to the chosen ones, and not causing a needless fluff. (i.e. hostilely stating that if you don't get an invite you are mean/evil/whatever....instead of just fading away)

and

Agent Smith is waiting for an opportunity to stay at home and, er......"play with his toys".

and it took us 12 pages to reach that conclusion.

(edited to add: I wish those who have chosen to leave VJ a happy and complete life)

Edited by ILIKEALLCAPS

Disclaimer: I am a smart-a55. Anything I say can and will be used against you in whatever forum I so choose. My posts are based on my own perspective, and should not be taken as anything other than my own opinion. Any resemblance to real people, living or dead, is coincidental. Minimum system requirements are a human brain, version 1.0. Suggested system requirements are a human brain version 1.0 with a sense of humor and a logical thought processor above 1.0 beta. Should not be used by children. Hazardous when wet.

B3 5C 0C E2 91 8B 91 F8 7A 2C 7E E4 17 79 FA D6

Filed: Timeline
Ok, I waded through this whole thing, and what it left me with is as follows:

VJ has become hostile to certain long-term members, and in order to preserve their non-hostile spirit they're setting up an elite, members-only, only by exclusive invitation, if you don't get an invitation you're part of the problem and we hate you and you're probably smelly, personal website. And mentioning said website, and it's exclusivity......instead of peacefully stepping back, sending invites to the chosen ones, and not causing a needless fluff. (i.e. hostilely stating that if you don't get an invite you are mean/evil/whatever....instead of just fading away)

and

Agent Smith is waiting for an opportunity to stay at home and, er......"play with his toys".

and it took us 12 pages to reach that conclusion.

(edited to add: I wish those who have chosen to leave VJ a happy and complete life)

:thumbs:

I note that both Sarah and Michelle were most active in the OT forum, at present anyway. One could reasonably conclude from this that they were participating in VJ more for the social aspect than for the immigration aspect.

It is not surprising that they, like anyone else, prefer to socialize in places that best match their personal sensibilities.

Yodrak

Sukie and (I think) Michelle have decided to leave, so I wish them the best of luck. Hopefully you both will find the utopia you want. :thumbs:

This is 1 of the most grownup or maybe i should say logical, replies i have read :thumbs:

Edited by euro

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I note that both Sarah and Michelle were most active in the OT forum, at present anyway. One could reasonably conclude from this that they were participating in VJ more for the social aspect than for the immigration aspect.

It is not surprising that they, like anyone else, prefer to socialize in places that best match their personal sensibilities.

Yodrak

Sukie and (I think) Michelle have decided to leave, so I wish them the best of luck. Hopefully you both will find the utopia you want. :thumbs:

This is 1 of the most grownup or maybe i should say logical, replies i have read :thumbs:

We'd be expecting no less from Yodrak, though, huh? :yes:

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Hope gimy doesn't mind.

me?? mind?? don't be silly!!!

as for the other pink elephant we can't talk about ... we CAN talk about this one!! it's not the soccer thread per se that has caused sarah to leave ... it was lisa's response to michelle in said thread that compounded her decision. once again, michelle perceived that she was being attacked. i think lisa's post was spot on and not confrontational at all given michelle's previous response when they tried to have a 'private' discussion. ah well ....

now personally, i think sarah is one cool chick and have enjoyed her lively posts ... but i would never be someone's enabler because they could not stand up for themselves. everyone is michelle's friend until they actually try and help her ... then you might as well #### off because you're not commiserating with her. i'm sorry, i can't do that.

i don't think a whole drama thread was warranted in this situation ... you could have easily answered the few pm's you would have gotten ... it's probably safe to say that those you are close to here would actually already know.

as for michelle's departure, it's a shame because i was really looking forward to seeing the pictures of her and craig from her meetup with amanda(AmeraMouttaki) which was scheduled for tonight ... seems more like a planned exit to me.

LOL wow right ON gimy. I would of loved to see the pics too..wink wink.

Joanne (USA) and Anthony (WALES) =)~

Sept 2002...after talking for over 4 years and becoming BEST of friends then falling deeply in love, my sweetie came to the USA and visited me.

Nov 2002 - Visited again for 2 weeks.

Jan 2003 - Visited again for 2 weeks!! This is getting serious!

Feb 2003 - I flew to the UK and brought my baby home with me. =)~

Oct 2003 - He asked me to marry him while standing in the Atlantic Ocean in Florida. I have my ring!!!

Dec 2003 - First Christmas together

Jan 1 2004 - Happy New Years!

April 2004 - Our Wedding at last!

November 17, 2004 - sent in AOS packet

November 20, 2004 - got receipt back!!

December 9 2004 - NOA1!

December 29, 2004 - I130 and I765 touched!

January 8, 2005 - Request for more info grrr.. his birth certificate ( that I DID send with my package. Where did it go?)

January 20, 2005 - I485 touched!

January 25, 2005 - appt for Biometrics!

January 27, 2005 - Email stating EAD is approved!!!

February 4, 2005 - EAD in mail!!!!

February 9, 2005 - Applyed for SS# and approved in office. He's in the system!

February 9, 2005 - Denyed NJ drivers licence til SS card is in hand =(

Feb 14th - SS# came in mail!! It only took 5 days to arrive!!

Feb 16 - ....going this afternoon for NJ Drivers Permit

Feb 16 - faileddddd!! Will try again in a week

Feb 25 - ~passed~ Hubby has his driving license!!

Jan 11 - Interview date!!!

*Interview done and approved!!!* Yeahh!

whew done for now~

I guess i missed alot, i been gone a few days and come back and everyone is leaving. Sorry to see them go but if they wanna go they wanna go. Sad to see it has to be this way .... I wish you all the best of luck in your marriages and journies together!! :)

ticker.png

LOL wow right ON gimy. I would of loved to see the pics too..wink wink.

handrubbing-1.jpg<<<best hand rubbing pic I could find at short notice....

#######?......bro arthur...??

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

VJ never changes really, this has been going on from when I first joined (over 2 years ago) I just go with the flow. People can piss one off at times, but it is only a message board and I never let anything bother me. People can be brave here, not saying I would'nt like to slap the odd one in real life :D

Posted 129f to VERMONT 4th March 2004.

Recieved first NOAL 8th March 2004.

NOA2 dated 23rd April 2004.

Recieved packet 3, 13th May 2004.

Hoping for an August Interview!

Court hearing for permission to take children 2nd August!

Interview Date August 5th!

Got visas,Yessssssssssss!

Fly out the 16th August to be with my lovely John.

Married October 30th, 2004!

Posted off AOS , and AP on the 13th November 2004.

Now more waitng begins............................

NOAs for 1-485,>,AP recieved 25th Nov,2004 dated 19th Nov,2004.

Biometrics/fingerprints appointment made for 22 December 2004.

AP approved on the 5th Jan 2005.

EAD approved on the 7th Jan 2005.

recieved on the 13th Jan 2005.

AP recieved on the 14th Jan 2005.

Passed driving test on the 2nd Feb,2005!

AOS interview date July 2005!

AOS Approved!!!!

April 25th 2007 Vermont recieve paperwork for I-751

Refiled June 26th

Card ordered Dec 18th 2007

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

sukie i really hate to see you wanting to leave. I understand what you are saying, its the reason i took a long break, and ignore so many ridiculous comments on here. I dont think its just the newbies that cause alot of probs, its some of the vjer's who have been around a while, who are the ones who have the state of mind of "my opinion is the only one that counts, so everyone else is wrong", and thats where most of the feuds are sparking from.

Dont leave beacause of this, just ignore it! there are people who really need advice, and you are a good person to give advice, i find you valuable, you have helped me ALOT!

I also dont think there should be a certain time labled to be able to call yourself a long time vjer. If you feel like your one, then be it.

hugs girl,

Tara

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!