sukie175

It just ain't the same anymore...

303 posts in this topic

Dunno what to say really...because many of you newbies just won't get it....but it ain't the same around here no more and the way you all choose to go at each other or others at the slightest provocation is the reason VJ is slipping.

So like another very longstanding VJ'er who has left here today...it's time for me to also say 'Adios'.

To my friends, who know who they are....I wish you the best of everything and if you want to stay in touch PM me. I am going to set up a site for a select few who know how to truly care, advise and support each other. On that site members will be invited, so I guess if you don't get an invite you know your past actions here were not always appreciated!

To the rest of you....shame on you for turning this site into something many of us no longer want to be a part of....great job guys!

Edited by sukie175

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Wow, I'm sorry to see so many people going. And I'm really sorry there are people here that make others feel that way. Best of luck on your journeys, pop in from time to time if you ever feel the urge.

Didn't know you a'tall, but still very sad to see valuable members leaving. :(

Visa Approved 7-20-06

NOA 1 for AOS and EAD 11-07-06

Recieved NOAs in mail 11-10-06

Touched 11-13-06 AOS and EAD

RFE Recieved 11-17-06

RFE mailed 11-21-06

Biometrics 11-27-06

Touched 12-7-06 AOS recieved RFE

Touched 12-9-06 AOS

Touched 12-11-06 AOS

Transfered to CSC 12-12-06

Recieved at CSC 12-14-06

Touched 12-15-06 AOS

Touched 12-16-06 AOS

Touched 12-18-06 AOS

Touched 12-19-06 AOS

Touched 12-29-06 AOS

Touched 12-31-06 AOS

Touched 1-5-07 EAD

wha? who? i must be out of the loop!!

what long standing VJ'er left today ... i've searched for a thread but i can't find it!!

what's going on!?!? :wacko:

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was just looking to see what happened myself!

July 12, 2002 - Married

I130

May 18, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

May 20, 2005 - Received Date

June 2, 2005 - Notice Date

June 6, 2005 - Received NOA1

September 10, 2005No action to date

December 1, 2005 -Approved

I129

August 25, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

August 26, 2005 - USPS tracking shows Delivered, August 26, 2005, 1:54 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60680

September 7, 2005 - "touched" I think

September 12, 2005 - Received NOA1 showing receipt date of August 30, 2005

October 17, 2005 - APPROVED!!!

November 27, 2005 - Received by NVC

November 3, 2005 - RFE received from Consulate

November 18, 2005 - RFE delivered to Consulate

November 28, 2005 - Instructions received

December 6, 2005 - Medical Appt Much confusion and lack of communication by Physicians caused much delay :(

March 23 - Checklist received

May 12 - Packet 4 received

June 1 - Interview

June 1 - APPROVED!!!!!

June 7 - Steve Arrived home

i think we need to define 'very longstanding VJ'er' ... i think 2+ years is one.

*shrugs*

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

i think we need to define 'very longstanding VJ'er' ... i think 2+ years is one.

*shrugs*

I don't understand what the problem is. Personally, I have debated a few people, not my original intent, but the final consequence.

At the end of the day, I try to help others, and get help and moral support. Is that wrong? This is Visa journey after all, like the journey of life, it ain't always easy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Dunno what to say really...because many of you newbies just won't get it....but it ain't the same around here no more and the way you all choose to go at each other or others at the slightest provocation is the reason VJ is slipping.

So like another very longstanding VJ'er who has left here today...it's time for me to also say 'Adios'.

To my friends, who know who they are....I wish you the best of everything and if you want to stay in touch PM me. I am going to set up a site for a select few who know how to truly care, advise and support each other. On that site members will be invited, so I guess if you don't get an invite you know your past actions here were not always appreciated!

To the rest of you....shame on you for turning this site into something many of us no longer want to be a part of....great job guys!

You know, it's one thing to decide to leave and quite another to point fingers and lay blame. I've been on this site for awhile as well as many other message boards and the story is oddly enough the same.

Message boards are what you make of them and if your/our/my expectations are unrealistic, especially regarding the behavior of others, then chances are at some time this kind of post is made. No one can *make* someone else do something. It's ultimately your/our/my choice on how we deal. It's not "their" fault or the "newbies" fault that you are now uncomfortable. If it bothers you so much, then stay and work to make it better.

However, all that being said, you've made your decision, and I wish you well in your life and endeavors and if you ever end up back here, I'm sure many, myself included, will be happy about it.

Peace out.

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Timeline

*shrugs*

Wasn't saying I was a long standing one...hopes it wasn't taken that way

July 12, 2002 - Married

I130

I129

August 26, 2005 - USPS tracking shows Delivered, August 26, 2005, 1:54 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60680

December 6, 2005 - Medical Appt Much confusion and lack of communication by Physicians caused much delay :(

June 1 - Interview

June 1 - APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

*shrugs*

I didn't read it like that, if that helps. :)

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey...

I wish you wouldn't leave. Things are a bit nuts right now--everyone's confused and frustrated with all the marriage-based visa changes, and there has been some trouble with visitors coming from other sites with an agenda. I really truly honestly think that it will simmer down, though. I know I'm kind of a "newbie" myself, but it seems to me that 98% of the folks on this site (new and old) are kind people who wouldn't normally have a go at anyone, except that right now is a really hard time to be trying to get a marriage visa and tempers might be a little short.

I also realize that I've been a bit of a prickly pear myself lately, and probably have created some of the bad vibe you've been feeling. There were some people who came in with some talk I really didn't like, and I let it get to me. I got snarky with people and showed bad manners, and it was unkind and inappropriate.

And I am sorry.

I wish you'd reconsider--this site has been so helpful to me in this process, I wouldn't want anyone else to miss out on that because of how tightly-wound some of us have been lately, or because I've been a jerk.

I am not a practicing attorney. I have a law degree and I passed the bar exam, but am not admitted to practice because I got a job in legal publishing and haven't gotten around to applying for my license yet. Publishing is great, but it does not make you qualified to give legal advice. So I don't. I just want to get married to my fella, which is why I'm here! If you need legal help, seek the advice of a licensed attorney.

Timeline of the Tigre

September 2004 - Tigre meets Dan while prowling about aimlessly

December 2004 - Dan visits Tigreland, USA

May 2005 - Tigre goes to England, Dan pops the question!

December 2005 - Christmas in England with Tigre and Dan

May 19th 2006 - Dan and Tigre's K1 petition received by VSC

May 25th 2006 - NOA1 issued...we're on our way!

June 20 2006 - RFE sent by VSC

June 26 2006 - RFE returned Express to VSC

July 10 2006 - NOA2...let's go check out the NVC!

July 17 2006 - email from NVC--case was sent to London!

July 21 2006 - Dan, meet Packet 3!

August 4, 2006 - Packet 3 returned

August 16, 2006 - sassy Tigre emails the embassy "just making sure the packet got there"

August 17, 2006 - Embassy e-mails back: Packet 4 is on its way!

Medical: August 24

Interview: September 15

Timeline

*shrugs*

I didn't read it like that, if that helps. :)

Cool, still wanna know what the heck happened though :blink:

July 12, 2002 - Married

I130

I129

June 1 - Interview

June 1 - APPROVED!!!!!