sukie175

It just ain't the same anymore...

303 posts in this topic

As gleaned by Sukie175's post (edited):

I am going to set up a site for a select few who know how to truly care, advise and support each other. On that site members will be invited, so I guess if you don't get an invite you know your past actions here were not always appreciated!

I wish Sukie175 and her new club well on their venture. I'm sure their site will be filled with meaningless posts where no one gets real for fear of hurting someone's fragile ego with the truth. Cheers.

new club??? :huh:

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would just like to deal with a few comments/assumptions made here....

I am not being 'chased out' or 'throwing my toys out of my pram', I am choosing to leave because the atmosphere around here is not that nice anymore and I don't want to be part of that.

I am not hiding behind a false VJ identity to take digs at other members like Devils Advocate, whose name says all you need to know!

Sure the site will go on, I wish it luck but there are a few of us who won't be around to impart our knowledge because we are tired of getting flamed or watching our friends get flamed etc

I posted this topic not for drama but to say how I feel (because I am entitled to my opinion) and why I won't be around. If I hadn't then as in the past when I have been gone for a few days, my friends here would have been PM'ing me or questions would have continued to come in as PM's, this is easier. And why shouldn't get to explain why I am no longer here, I have been one of the more active members for a long time.

I would like to thank Captain Ewok for not banning me as some of you obviously wish he would, I also appreciate his comments and hope some of you take note.

I am not advertising another site, I am just going to make a way for those of us that want to, to keep in touch with each other in a non hostile environment. I would still recommend VJ to anyone who was on this journey for all the valuable information in here.

For those of you that think it has not changed, it hasn't elsewhere on the site, but in here whether you realise it or not, the atmosphere is more aggression than support these days. Some of the comments made on this thread just prove my point!

I wish you all well, feel free to flame me if you want.....I won't be commenting again!

Sarah

Edited by sukie175

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
Seriously folks, some of you guys take message boards WAY too seriously. :P

:thumbs:

Gimy had the BEST picture for this one time...GIMY...WHERE ARE YOU? WHERE IS YOUR PICTURE???? (Edited to say: A Pic for someone who makes a big public announcement about how they are leaving the forum)

Edited by karo112

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Seriously folks, some of you guys take message boards WAY too seriously. :P

:thumbs:

Gimy had the BEST picture for this one time...GIMY...WHERE ARE YOU? WHERE IS YOUR PICTURE???? (Edited to say: A Pic for someone who makes a big public announcement about how they are leaving the forum)

:rolleyes:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

This is most likely...

the thread that started this!!

YOU can see that a member "leaves" in this thread..I must say it is a member I like...But it's sad because the "flamer" is someone i've never seen here before...

hmm.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I, for one, will miss sarah... and the others who are leaving...

yes... i know that others of you CAN separate yourselves emotionally... BECAUSE IT IS AN INTERNET WEB FORUM... but, i think that there are those of us who are tender-hearted enough to feel the hurt when one of our friends (and yes, we ARE friends) feels slighted... we are just a different breed from those of you who can separate yourselves... i'm not saying that one set of people has a heart and who set of people doesn't... i just think that those of us who let our feelings get hurt through this forum are the types of person who wears their hearts on their sleeves... i know i do that... anyways... i'll get off my little soap box... sarah, i love ya woman... and i think that VJ needs a mixture of us all (the tender-hearted, and the not-so-tenderhearted) to make it what it is... just my opinion of course... *hugs*

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
... I am choosing to leave because the atmosphere around here is not that nice anymore and I don't want to be part of that.

I went through a similar thing a year ago on here...when there were some pretty hostile moments between me and some members. The interesting part though, is that some of the people I had very hostile moments with a year ago on VJ, I get along with them very fine now! Not all of them, but many!

Like MarilynP and others have said, there are ups and downs on VJ. Different topics bring different debates or attitudes. Some of the "ugliest" moments could have possibly been before the presidential election in 04, IMO. That was a heated time in debate threads here. I also thought VJ was changing ...but I realized it's not technically true. It's just ups and downs, and sometimes topics we like better are the norm in off topic, and then others times topics we do not like are the norm. We won't always like everything. Some people really like debates, when respectfully done. It doesn't all have to be only fun or only debates, it's a mixture. I have been criticized a heck of a lot in past political or religious debates. But then those threads fade away and some other topic takes over for awhile.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

This is most likely...

the thread that started this!!

YOU can see that a member "leaves" in this thread..I must say it is a member I like...But it's sad because the "flamer" is someone i've never seen here before...

hmm.

I am confused....she didn't even post in that I don't think.....but good pointer to the picture you were after tho..... :whistle:

She didn't post in it but she must have read it!!

well for future reference it is right click and 'save image as' .... that way you can just post the pic you whenever you want :lol::lol:

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

At the risk of being labelled a Kumbayah'er... msnnote.gif KUMBAYAH! :goofy::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Frances

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony