sukie175

It just ain't the same anymore...

303 posts in this topic

Web communities, like real communities are fluid things. They change all the time as new people come in, and people who have been there a while get busy doing other things, or just "grow out of it" and stop posting as much.

The people involved all have different personalities, and contribute in different ways. a website just isn't going to remain the same year after year. It isn't realistic to expect it to.

I'm sorry to see you go: I enjoyed reading your posts and have respected your opinion very often.

Good luck in life, wherever it takes you.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

gosh, people really take things seriously around here, aren't message boards for people to post their opinions? I agree about the part of not intentionally trying to start fights or anything, but there is not need to be oversensitive to things either. I think this site is great, wouldn't leave it, if someone paid me to. It is the only thing that has kept me going over the past 6 months thru security check hell ....lol

Everyone has their own right to do as they wish, and for the people leaving, good luck to you and we will miss you, have a nice life and future. :luv:

~Stacey

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
The only thing that's changed since I've been are photos at the top of the page. A lot easier to bale out when you reach the AOS pending stage, but people MIA seem to come crawling out of the woodwork when removal of conditions time rolls around, so we will see.

Yep, same ol' same ol' except the pics at the top. :yes:

Here I'm making an official post before May 2007 so don't forget it come ROC time :P

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i'm sad to see you leave sukes... i'm sad to see any member leave (especially ones that i have gotten close to). even though VJ is an internet forum, i shall still call you friend...

alas, we do not live in a utopic society where everyone can get along... or even think the same... i think sometimes that a little more tact could be used by myself and all of us... but like one previous poster said, with the new laws, etc... tempers are high... emotions are high... and it will calm down soon enough...

i never think that it is a good thing to belittle someone else... their beliefs, their morals, their thoughts and ideas to make mine seem right... (and we all know that it happens... and has happened here on VJ)... and i tend to stay away from threads, posts that i feel are just that way... maybe a break from VJ will be good... but i sure would love to see ya come back...

love ya chick!

God bless,

Lynne

ps: sent ya a pm

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Whilst I agree this is a forum and there will be changes in atmosphere as new members join and others leave or take a break, I do understand where sukie is coming from. This place, OT in particular, isnt as much fun as it used to be and IMO that is because of unnecessary snipiness & pulling others posts apart in a not too friendly manner. I have ventured less and less into OT because I am such a softie that I hate to see anyone being set upon in such a way, unless of course they are a troll or a member that steps over the line. Where has all the fun gone...the silliness???? It certainly isnt in abundance anymore and that is sad. :cry:

I wish you wouldnt leave Sarah.....you will be missed (F) Please stay in touch.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

i don't really think that's very fair, lorelle. i don't think people should complain about OT (VJ) changing while they don't contribute as much anymore.

it's like a catch 22 .... i don't post because it's changed, but maybe it's changed because you don't post.

personally, i would never let someone run me out of where i wanted to be.

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

It's quite unfortunate that drama instigated your departure yet you are unable to leave without creating much of the same. If it is indeed true what you post and you are leaving, I'm sure we will soon see that your account and the "long standing member's" account are disabled. Sad to see that you've tried to take the easy way out by posting at almost 11p CST; drop a bomb and then exit stage left.

Announcing invites to your new website is like rubbing a puppy's nose in his wet spot. A woman of your years should be well above that and make a graceful exit. That being said, I'm sure your new environment will be more well suited to your liking because you can control the members.

Dunno what to say really...because many of you newbies just won't get it....but it ain't the same around here no more and the way you all choose to go at each other or others at the slightest provocation is the reason VJ is slipping.

So like another very longstanding VJ'er who has left here today...it's time for me to also say 'Adios'.

To my friends, who know who they are....I wish you the best of everything and if you want to stay in touch PM me. I am going to set up a site for a select few who know how to truly care, advise and support each other. On that site members will be invited, so I guess if you don't get an invite you know your past actions here were not always appreciated!

To the rest of you....shame on you for turning this site into something many of us no longer want to be a part of....great job guys!

Sukie,

Being a newbie myself, I don't know what to say really in regards to your comment. I can say for sure that I have seen some of your comments and you have responded in some of my threads I have started, I have honestly appreciated and liked your input. There fore, I would hate to see you leave. Often, when our emotions run high, we do tend to get oversensitive...call it nature of the beast if you like. I got a good taste of what you are talking about with a thread I started in OT....and not to mention it was totally taken out of context. Was I upset and hurt? Of course I was, but at the end of the day, I knew what I meant by my thread and I didn't let it carry on into my personal life. You take things with a grain of salt sometimes and in all actuality, you have to. You can't let things get to you hun...not when emotions are running so high during this immigration hell. Think of it this way, if we were all the same, this world would be a boring place. Also, some good advice my father in law gave me was that you have to distinguish the constructive critisism between just plain ignorance and someone who is just trying to start shite. I have always apologised if I have walked the fine line of either one and I honestly mean it when I say it. The last thing I want people to remember me by is being some psychotic #######...lol. I along with most members on here, will always try and give sage advice and won't tear you apart for having your own opinions. Having your own opinions is what makes each and everyone of us unique. Also, it is nice getting different opinions from everyone...then I can always go and have a think and come to my own conclusions.

Sad to see you go Sukie and really hope and pray that you change your mind!!

Laura Mitchell xxx (L)

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

i don't really think that's very fair, lorelle. i don't think people should complain about OT (VJ) changing while they don't contribute as much anymore.

it's like a catch 22 .... i don't post because it's changed, but maybe it's changed because you don't post.

personally, i would never let someone run me out of where i wanted to be.

Perhaps not fair Monique, but that is how I feel right now and Im entitled to that opinion :P just as everyone is entitled to theirs. Tomorrow, next week, or next month that opinion will more then likely change. I do see and understand both sides of the coin here. Perhaps the stress of the past year has worn me down some right now and I need to recoup :blink: A few more weeks and I will get that chance.

I doubt me not posting in OT quite as much would have that effect lol

Personally, I wouldnt let anyone run me out of here either but we are all different in how we deal with things.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.