JonasMichaels

Biggest F*&C!K* UP EVER in history of VISA JOURNEY. HELP.

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

In despite of the plead not to YELL from OP, I must say: You're an idiot! Now that's got out of my system I feel much better... phew!!! :devil:

Oh well, with the rules/policies are so convoluted, I'm 100% OP isn't the first who made this mistake and play the game of "Gotcha" with the system. This also is a warning to all who are still dealing with US immigration to remember to check in with your brother/sister on VJ for anything related to your S.O.'s movement in/out the States until they get the US Citizenship. Yup, all the way to that point!

To Rin and John: BEST relevant information throu out the thread!!!! :thumbs: OP should take note and pursue accordingly.

To Dau Que: I think OP might be in Saigon :) so we just have to wait a little while. If he's not there yet, shame on him!

When Kim first came here, I have told her that in case of Emergency and I mean DEATH, she can leave the US and I will come with her. Well, sure enough, her father was sick and nearly pass, we were about to leave but it turned that her father was just missing her so much that it made him fall ill, physically and emotionally. Most VN parents who sent their daughter to marry foreigner tent to have the belief "It's over, we never know when we get to see our babygirl again!" BAMM and that would do it, especially for the elderly folks (folks in their 70's an 80's ). Note, I do not know OP's the circumstance, only share my experience! Better prepare your S.O. and her folks before she departs!

Good luck to OP and all who are still waiting to come here.

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Jonas,

Im so sorry to hear about her mom and the situation you guys are in now. (F)

I agree with everyone saying that you should contact the Consulate and your congressman and/or senator ASAP and also one suggested getting a copy of the death cert for further pleading your case.

Good Luck and keep us posted

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Still no update? :unsure:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

The OP has not logged in since the day of this post.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The OP has not logged in since the day of this post.

obviously.. that does not mean that there is not another member here that may be in touch with them and aware of the status..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

All I want to say is good luck to you!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.