100% Al Ahly Fan

Introduction

184 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi :) I'm Amanda (Amera) and my husband is Youssef. I originally am from Wisconsin and my husband is from Marrakech, Morocco. We met on New Year's Eve 2004 in Marrakech and filed for a K1 visa in May of 2005. After 4 visits back and forth including living in Marrakech for the summer of 2005 he came to the US in late January 2006. I have a son from a previous relationship, although my husband has been with us since he was 8 months old and in all senses of the word is his father. We also have a son together that was born New Year's Eve 2006 (see a pattern?? LOL!)

We currently live in the Washington DC Metro area where I work as a recruiter for a government contractor and he works in customer service with a large grocery chain out here. I'm finishing my MBA in Project Management and inshallah he will go back to school this fall for Criminal Justice.

The road was definetely rough - getting the visa was the easy part! It was what came after, adjustments, struggles etc that were difficult. It seems like life is fitting into place most days and we are in the final stages with USCIS. He will file for naturalization in August of this year and then inshallah it will all be over! I hope that you can get all the support and help you'll need from here!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey Kelly, thanks for responding. Your boy is so cute! Thanks for the warm welcome and the warning, hee hee :blush:

Salaam ya ukti HLM...Cairo, huh? Please disregard what I said earlier about Alex being my favorite....I love Cairo!! It's my favorite city in Egypt, hee hee!! Nice to have another Masraya here. Glad to know you!

Hi Monica, thanks for letting me know about the recipes. I'll have to check that out. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook.

Ronell, thanks for responding to this thread. Very nice to meet you and thanks for the welcome.

Hi Amy, Egypt in summer...YIKES! My husband and also have an apartment in Egypt. We basically in DT, Garden City. Although, I have begged Ahmed to find us a new place. I was hoping for Giza. MashaAllah, wonderful that you already have an interview day. Nice to know it can go very easily like that.

Salaam ya Melissa. Sounds like you are loving Egypt. MashaAllah, that is great! Honestly, I go back and forth about living there. It's hard being away from my Ahmed (there are WAY to many Ahmed's in this world! :P ) I am still debating, although now that I started this visa process, I might as well stick it out here. Plus it's probably better for my son in the end. Sigh...anyhow, a baker huh? So what's your specialty? Oh and happy soon 40 birthday!!!

Hey Sandra!! My fellow May filer!!! You are so right girlfriend....the babies on this site are to adorable!! Makes me want one, hee hee!!! Talk soon!!!

A7lan wa Sa7lan ya Aya!!! Another Al Ahly fan....you go girl!!! AND another masraya!! We're taking over......j/k!!!! Congrats on your upcoming degree! Also, inshaAllah your family will accept your relationship with John. I will say a du3a for you. I am glad to have you here.

Hey Amanda, congrats on getting your MBA! Thank you also for your kind words. Visa the easy part?? Hmm....I hope so :wacko:

Edited by 100% Al Ahly Fan

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Thank you Sahrifah for starting this thread!! I have been around VJ since the beginning of April and wanted to introduce myself in MENA forum a while ago... :blush:

Well, I am Aya I met my fiance John/Musa online in July, 2008. I still like to call him John more than Musa because that has been his name since we first met, I like it and I don't want to change a thing about him.. I just love him the way he is :blush: We met in person in March 2009 and we are filing our K1 the coming week a day or two after my 21st birthday :) He has two beautiful kids whom I fell in love with and feel they are already my own children...

I am a Literature student, I should graduate next month and have my B.A of Arts... These days I am having my final exams, so I am a little busy but that doesn't keep me off VJ anyway lol.. I totally love this site and like the warm spirit and the kind help I got in the forums I posted in and the feel-at-home feeling I get in MENA forum. Well, I am looking for a job these days too to start working right after my graduation save some cash and pass the time till this long wait is over... If you know MENA countries' traditions well enough, you would know that it is not acceptable for a Middle Eastern girl to be with a foreign/western guy as much as it is for a Middle Eastern guy. So, currently we are struggling to get my family's acceptance and approval of our engagement and doing our best every single day... It's not so easy but we are doing it and I pray things will turn out great in the end...

Well the random things I like cats, butterflies, reading, blue and pink, cooking, hanging out with the girls, learning, and languages...

Well that's TOO much about me :P I hope I make some friends of the MENA ladies and if you need anything to ask about Egypt I'm here to help :)

P.S: Sharifah I am a 100% Al Ahly loyal fan!! :devil: The Red Devils ;):thumbs:

Awww I'm so sorry about your family!! :( I know for sure they will come around! They only need time and insha Allah they will be fine with it. Yes keep praying sister :thumbs:

lyrics.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you Sharifah and HLM you will be in my mind as well!! :)(F)(F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone! I've been just browsing around VJ for awhile and I am just amazed with all the information available here! It's wonderful :thumbs:

My name is Anna (pronounced Ana), not the southern way Ahhhhhna :blush: . I just turned 33. I have been working in the banking industry since I was 18. (After typing that I feel a bit old!) Anyway, I am of Greek decent, mother and father greek (yes, think My Big Fat Greek Wedding because that's how greek mothers are!). I live in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, moved here from Charleston, SC about 10 years ago. Before that we lived overseas in Sicily (Italy) and Greece. Can you say Navy Brat? (Actually Navy Angel in my case :innocent: )

Majid is 34 and lives in Khenifra, Morocco. We got engaged in January and have just started the fiance visa process, and we are currently waiting patiently for NOA2.

So much fun :angry:

Nice to meet everyone! I thank those of you that have given me a warm welcome and kind words. I appreciate what everyone does here. The moral support is invaluable, and so is the support provided for all that crazy paperwork....which is mostly overwhelming and not difficult at all. I think we all get so nervous that it seems like a mountain of paperwork when it's really a molehill :D

I wish everyone a speedy process and even speedier reunions! Kisses to everyone!

"The Will of God will not take you where the Grace of God will not protect you!"

Here we go!

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 4/28/2009

I-129F NOA1 : Dated 4/29/09

Touch : 05/01/09

Touch : 09/02/09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 09/02/09, received via email 9/03/09 @ 6:30 a.m.!

NVC Received : 09/08/09

NVC Left : 09/09/09 per NVC (called 9/11/09 and they told me it was sent!)

Consulate Received : 9/11/09

Packet: Never received. The consulate was nice enough to send us a letter via email, along with a list of approved doctors and translators. My fiance can easily pick up the forms required when he goes for his medical and translations.

*Update 11/26/09* Medical complete! Picking up the packet was smooth and easy! One week until our interview!! Can't wait!!

Interview Date: 12/03/09

Call from embassy to go pick up his passport with visa!: 12/11/09

Visa in Hand!

POE: Charlotte

Date of Arrival: 12/26/09

Date of Marriage: 02/21/10

AOS package sent: 3/22/2010 via FEDEX

Biometrics letter received: 04/08/2010

Received letter that AOS was transferred to California! 4/19/2010

Biometrics appointment: 4/30/2010

Green Card approved: 5/25/2010

Green Card received: 06/08/2010

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I am Henia, 30 married to Medy, 33. We met throu friends in 2003;married in 2006. Went throu the process but ended up not using the visa. We live by the sea in Algeria. We have two children.

Been many things, but currently wife, mother, English tutor and I volunteer to teach English in an orphange.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi, I am Simms, I am relatively new here, I just mostly read the post, but dont post much. I am really glad you started this tread, it has been great reading about everyone. So welcome to the board, it sure does seem to have lots of great info. We have not filed yet, but will soon so I am sooo glad I found this site. My love is in Cairo, I will be going there in July.

Lets see, I live in North Carolina, again he in Cairo, I have boy and girl twins who will be 4 in July, they are from a previous marriage. I will be 40 in Jan and I work as a business analyst. Hobbies used to be (not much time these days) crocheting, knitting, cooking, reading, candle making, any kind of crafty work really. I do have a dog, but he drives me nuts. LOL although he is a ver y sweet dog, and we got two goldfish last Sat, but they both died. :( (anyone know anything about fish? what did i do wrong?)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi, I am Simms, I am relatively new here, I just mostly read the post, but dont post much. I am really glad you started this tread, it has been great reading about everyone. So welcome to the board, it sure does seem to have lots of great info. We have not filed yet, but will soon so I am sooo glad I found this site. My love is in Cairo, I will be going there in July.

Lets see, I live in North Carolina, again he in Cairo, I have boy and girl twins who will be 4 in July, they are from a previous marriage. I will be 40 in Jan and I work as a business analyst. Hobbies used to be (not much time these days) crocheting, knitting, cooking, reading, candle making, any kind of crafty work really. I do have a dog, but he drives me nuts. LOL although he is a ver y sweet dog, and we got two goldfish last Sat, but they both died. :( (anyone know anything about fish? what did i do wrong?)

Sorry about your fish :( I had 5 goldfish and they were doing good for the longest time...then I had the bright idea to clean the tube for the filter with soap...and although I rinsed it really really good...I guess there was some in there and it killed them! I felt so bad I wanted to cry. You should get a beta...he's easy as pie :yes:

Goldfish are so sensitive, and dirty....yuck. But pretty!

"The Will of God will not take you where the Grace of God will not protect you!"

Here we go!

K-1 Visa

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 4/28/2009

I-129F NOA1 : Dated 4/29/09

Touch : 05/01/09

Touch : 09/02/09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 09/02/09, received via email 9/03/09 @ 6:30 a.m.!

NVC Received : 09/08/09

NVC Left : 09/09/09 per NVC (called 9/11/09 and they told me it was sent!)

Consulate Received : 9/11/09

Packet: Never received. The consulate was nice enough to send us a letter via email, along with a list of approved doctors and translators. My fiance can easily pick up the forms required when he goes for his medical and translations.

*Update 11/26/09* Medical complete! Picking up the packet was smooth and easy! One week until our interview!! Can't wait!!

Interview Date: 12/03/09

Call from embassy to go pick up his passport with visa!: 12/11/09

Visa in Hand!

POE: Charlotte

Date of Arrival: 12/26/09

Date of Marriage: 02/21/10

AOS package sent: 3/22/2010 via FEDEX

Biometrics letter received: 04/08/2010

Received letter that AOS was transferred to California! 4/19/2010

Biometrics appointment: 4/30/2010

Green Card approved: 5/25/2010

Green Card received: 06/08/2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sorry about your fish :( I had 5 goldfish and they were doing good for the longest time...then I had the bright idea to clean the tube for the filter with soap...and although I rinsed it really really good...I guess there was some in there and it killed them! I felt so bad I wanted to cry. You should get a beta...he's easy as pie :yes:

I somehow managed to kill my sons after only about 6 weeks :( I cleaned the tank and then moved it to a new spot and poof... poor guy. We'll try again and not move the tank this time. :unsure:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

I somehow managed to kill my sons after only about 6 weeks :( I cleaned the tank and then moved it to a new spot and poof... poor guy. We'll try again and not move the tank this time. :unsure:

I had to do a double read of that sentence! :unsure: lol

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I had to do a double read of that sentence! :unsure: lol

wow! "kill my son's BETA FISH" :lol:

Edited by Y's_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
Salaam ya Melissa. Sounds like you are loving Egypt. MashaAllah, that is great! Honestly, I go back and forth about living there. It's hard being away from my Ahmed (there are WAY to many Ahmed's in this world! :P ) I am still debating, although now that I started this visa process, I might as well stick it out here. Plus it's probably better for my son in the end. Sigh...anyhow, a baker huh? So what's your specialty? Oh and happy soon 40 birthday!!!

There are two desserts that always get rave reviews, but I can't claim either as my own. One is Moosewood Fudge Brownies, with the addition of cinnamon and chocolate chips, and the other is from a Betty Crocker recipe (if I'm not mistaken), called Caramel Apple Bars.

I'm addicted to Smitten Kitchen and have tried several of her recipes with great success mashAllah.

I love making quick breads and have an old family recipe for banana bread that is awesome, and also a recipe for applesauce cinnamon raisin bread that I add chocolate chips to and is just wonderful for breakfast. Yum!!!! Man I'm dying to finally be able to bake here in Egypt. :crying:

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I know we did this a few months ago, but I'm glad to see it again, because there are some new people here I didn't know anything about! :-)

ParisHeart I am in Houston too! Anybody who is in Houston and would like to meet up for lunch sometime PM me. :star:

Anyway, I am Pandora and my husband is Hesam. I am 1/2 French (Mom) and he is from Iran but currently attending university in Canada. We got married last August (one year anniversary coming up already!) and I filed the K3 visa. We just sent the P3 back to the embassy in Montreal and are waiting for an interview date now. I have two children from a previous marriage, a daughter 15 and a son 12.

VJ has been a godsend, not only for the great technical advice on the visa process, but also for all of the emotional support! This place rocks. :dance:

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

• 1 month later...
Timeline

I'm bumping this up. Can we get some more intro folks?? I am seeing lots of people I haven't seen before. I think some have come back....let's keep adding to this MENA.

Thanks everyone :)

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Thanks for bumping this up Sharifah! I joined not too long ago and it was fun reading a little more about everyone- I read all your posts each day!

I am Lynette. I use the name "Bajih" as a pseudo-name. On my Facebook I do not want my students (middle school age) to find me- so I hide out under my name of Bajih. (basically Hijab in reverse, but Ghassan tells me Baji means grandma in Arabic- depending on dialect...lol!) :hehe:

Well, I am not a grandma, but I do have two wonderful kids- Kurtis (17) and Madeline (10). We also have one cat (Purdy). We live in Canton, MI. I am a middle school science and drama teacher. I converted to Islam in 1996 after teaching 1 year at our local Islamic school. I am currently on the Board there and am very busy trying to get a library up and running!

I met Ghassan online in May, 2008. We talked daily since day 1 via chat and webcam. My first email to him said "thanks but no thanks" as I wasn't interested in getting to know someone overseas. (I heard those stories you know...) But...once I found out he was a musician, it piqued my interest and we started talking about that and Bam! I was involved with someone overseas! I went to Syria in August to meet him. (yes, my family threw fits- my aunt was SURE I was going to be beaten up or blown up) I had a wonderful time- except for the constant diarreha on day 5 and 6! I had never been out of the country before and I just loved seeing how other people live. Being that he was the most kindest, caring, honest, respectful person I had ever met, we decided to go ahead with our relationship and became engaged. After returning home, I hired an immigration lawyer and we have been going since. Interview last April and currently in AP.

Ghassan is an Iraqi from Baghdad. He fled to Syria 2 years ago. Syria will not allow Iraqi's to earn a living- so he has to depend on his family to send him money each month. He lives in a basement of some "apartment" building that is crumbling. Not very good living conditions at all-I could go on and on about all of this, but I will spare you all the details- I am sure you have your own horror stories of such things. Currently his "temporary residency" is about to run out. At this point, we have NO clue what he will do. Hopefully he will be able to do some bribes (as every other time) as that is how things work over there. If not, we are not sure where he will go. He refuses to go back to Iraq and not too many other places will take Iraqis. We are doing A LOT of praying lately for something to come through...

I plan to call the DOS this week as it marks our 90 days since the interview. We live for that darn "security clearance" site- and for his cell phone to ring...

What a way to live. :wacko:

All we want is to be together and to live in peace.

Isn't that what we all want? Peace.... why is that one simple word so hard to obtain..?

It sure has been nice getting to know all of you!! I hope to get to know you even better as time goes on- as it looks like the "after arrived" part of the visa is longer!

I just can't wait for the "after arrived" part to arrive!

Lynette

ah. the longing....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.