100% Al Ahly Fan

Introduction

184 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi all that don't know me. I am Tammy/Aya. I reverted to Islam of my own choice on January 19th, 2009.

I am currently in the process of divorcing my husband of nearly 3 years. He hails from Jordan

I am currently considering the pursuit of yet another visa, K1. Islam is from Alexandria, Egypt.

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all that don't know me. I am Tammy/Aya. I reverted to Islam of my own choice on January 19th, 2009.

I am currently in the process of divorcing my husband of nearly 3 years. He hails from Jordan

I am currently considering the pursuit of yet another visa, K1. Islam is from Alexandria, Egypt.

Tammy, is your husband still in the same home with you?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thanks for bumping this up Sharifah as I didn't catch the first post.

Ok...where do I begin?

My name is Amanda and I live in North Carolina. I graduated from UNCW with a degree in Marine Biology, minor in Spanish. I am a fluent Spanish speaker. I currently work at PPD (pharmaceutical development) and have worked here about 1 1/2 years. I just turned 29 in May and have a 3 year old daughter, Carina, from a previous marriage. We have one cat name Ramone, he stays outside, and is very awesome at mouse patrol! He usually leaves me a dead one by the steps once a week!

I met my husband, Raad, in a chat room on Yahoo in February of 2008. I flew to Jordan in October 2008 to meet him and we also got married. Raad has been in the US with me almost 3 weeks now and I am very happy to finally have him by my side after all the waiting. Now we are currently waiting again...but for his green card and social security card to arrive so he can begin working. We hope to work here in the US for a couple of years, save up some money and move back to Jordan...I feel in love with it and I miss it so much. I hope we can move to Aqaba and live by the Red Sea..inshallah!

I used to post quite a bit, but have calmed down since my hubby arrived. :) I have also made lots of wonderful friends here on VJ, especially in the MENA group. If there is anything else you want to know about me, just ask! :)

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello my name is Betsy and I am 42 years old currently living in Louisville, KY. I am an ICU nurse and have two children from previous marriage, Lindsey 14 and Alex 9. My husband's name is Tarek and he is a middle school teacher living in El Mahalla, Egypt. We met online in August of 2008. We spent several months chatting by webcam, texting and calling on the phone. I went to Egypt in January of 2009 and we were married in Cairo on January 29th. We are currently awaiting his interview on August 13th. Visa journey has been such a blessing. They not only help you when you have a paperwork questions but they help you with any other issues you might have as well. Just want to say I love Egypt and Egyptian people and feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and inlaws there!!

Betsy El Sum

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ooo Betty, AbuS is from Mahalla. Did you ever visit? Not that there's much to see, aside from the faux Big Ben.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hello my name is Betsy and I am 42 years old currently living in Louisville, KY. I am an ICU nurse and have two children from previous marriage, Lindsey 14 and Alex 9. My husband's name is Tarek and he is a middle school teacher living in El Mahalla, Egypt. We met online in August of 2008. We spent several months chatting by webcam, texting and calling on the phone. I went to Egypt in January of 2009 and we were married in Cairo on January 29th. We are currently awaiting his interview on August 13th. Visa journey has been such a blessing. They not only help you when you have a paperwork questions but they help you with any other issues you might have as well. Just want to say I love Egypt and Egyptian people and feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and inlaws there!!

We should meet up once your husband gets home Betsy. :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Hello, I am Angie for Central California I am a 40 year old 1/2 mexican 1/2 American married to Hasan who is 43 who is from Jordan. We met in March 2006 on Mate 1 online and we married July 2006, yes it was fast but the wait from the time of filling to him coming to the USA was almost 1 year. He has been here 2 years 1 month. We just got notification that the 10 GG is being mailed to us. I have 2 children Andrew 20 and Ashley 18 from a previous relationship and he has 4 children in Jordan from his previous marriage. I have two wonderful dogs, Shelia who is a beagle that I have had for 8 years and Shorty who is mini doberman and winnie who is 6 months old. I am an office manager by day and drug and alcohol counselor by night. Hasan has been working at Foster Farms Chicken plant for 18 months and is doing well there, we have great benefits from this company.

We will have our 3 year anniversary on the 24th of this month. Wow time flies by when your living life.

I joined VJ in 2006 and Thanks to Jackie for telling me how everything was going to go and helping me through the whole process I made it through. I also had help from a few other ladies but I don't see them on here any more. I also have to thak all the ladies and Charles for being here for me emotionally during this process and all the people today that continue to be here for all of us.

Angie

Edited by a1angied

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

Timeline
Hello, I am Angie for Central California I am a 40 year old 1/2 mexican 1/2 American married to Hasan who is 43 who is from Jordan. We met in March 2006 on Mate 1 online and we married July 2006, yes it was fast but the wait from the time of filling to him coming to the USA was almost 1 year. He has been here 2 years 1 month. We just got notification that the 10 GG is being mailed to us. I have 2 children Andrew 20 and Ashley 18 from a previous relationship and he has 4 children in Jordan from his previous marriage. I have two wonderful dogs, Shelia who is a beagle that I have had for 8 years and Shorty who is mini doberman and winnie who is 6 months old. I am an office manager by day and drug and alcohol counselor by night. Hasan has been working at Foster Farms Chicken plant for 18 months and is doing well there, we have great benefits from this company.

We will have our 3 year anniversary on the 24th of this month. Wow time flies by when your living life.

I joined VJ in 2006 and Thanks to Jackie for telling me how everything was going to go and helping me through the whole process I made it through. I also had help from a few other ladies but I don't see them on here any more. I also have to thak all the ladies and Charles for being here for me emotionally during this process and all the people today that continue to be here for all of us.

Angie

I love reading the sucess stories from long time vj members who are done or almost done with everything and are just living life ^_^

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ooo Betty, AbuS is from Mahalla. Did you ever visit? Not that there's much to see, aside from the faux Big Ben.

Actually, yes I have been to Mahalla. I liked it very much!! Not as crowded and crazy as Cairo!! LOL

We should meet up once your husband gets home Betsy. :)

Ahhh Lisa I would really love that and I know Tarek would too!!

Betsy El Sum

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I'm Meriem, and my husband Hachemi has been here almost 3 years. We are waiting for his approval on his lifting conditions. I was a trauma nurse in an ER for many years, but now disabled due to back injury. I miss it very much by the way. Hachemi is going to school full time working on another computer science degree. He is studying computer networking this time and has a 4.0 GPA for the last 3 semesters. He also works part time at an Exxon convenience store about 1/2 mile from our house. Everybody thinks he is the owner and when he tells them he is not they dont beleive him. :lol: He got that job when he popped in for coffee and they asked him if he was needing a job since they had openings. It doesnt pay much but he looked it as an opportunity to improve his English and meet people. I have lived in this small town since 1988 and he knows way more people than I do. Even knows all of the cops. LOL.

Hachemi has not changed one bit since he stepped of the plane 3 years ago. He is the most kind, loving, romantic man I have ever met and I am so fortunate to have him as my husband.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

how many of us are planning to move back to our SO country down the road?

Me: Yes!

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

My husband has been in the US almost 3 weeks and I don't know why, but this whole week I have had a "homesick" feeling wanting to go back to Jordan. I really hope that we can move there one day and live. For me, it was a much more simpler way of life, a lot less stressful and I know I would be really happy there. So my goal is to get to learning Arabic and save up some money and head that way!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good question Kenza!! InshaAllah I will move to Egypt someday. I wouldn't want to live in Cairo though and unfortunely that is where our apartment is. SMACK in the middle of downtown of all places. I would like to live in Alex, which is where my mom is from. The idea of living by the sea is wonderful.....

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Good question Kenza!! InshaAllah I will move to Egypt someday. I wouldn't want to live in Cairo though and unfortunely that is where our apartment is. SMACK in the middle of downtown of all places. I would like to live in Alex, which is where my mom is from. The idea of living by the sea is wonderful.....

I'm with you Sharifah on living by the sea. That is why I love Aqaba (Jordan) so much! I would love to live in Aqaba and be able to SCUBA dive in the Red Sea whenever I want!!! It was so awesome...and to think, about this time last year I was about to book my ticket to go to Jordan...wow...everything is so different now! Thanks to God for all of His blessings!

Timeline

that was our general plan too. :D

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.