100% Al Ahly Fan

Introduction

184 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think there was a thread like this a few months ago but I'm too freakin' lazy to find it. :hehe:

I'm Bridget and my husband is Usama.

Usama is from Cairo, Egypt in a very unknown (no one I tell has ever heard of it) place called bab el sharia. He owned a beauty supply company in Cairo and in the US he is working as a waitor in a restaurant down the street and is going to be working as a CNA in a month or two. I was born and raised about 20 minutes north of Boston. I'm a CPA but work as a senior financial analyst in the healthcare field.

I have two beautiful girls ages 12 and 13 from a previous marriage. We were the three muskateers for about ten years until Usama came here in April '08. He's blended nicely and accepted the full on attack of three hormonal ladies and one hormonal cat. :luv:

The visa process was very smooth until it was time for Cairo to become involved. For us it was pure hell but hopefully Cairo is different now. While we were going through it I had a username "doodlebug" so you might see people call me "doodle" or "doods". I think I originally joined in August 2006.

This place is great for support now. It used to be a wee bit different a year or two ago but now everyone is pretty supportive of everyone else. I wish you all the best and hope your husband gets here soon! My husband is an ah ahly fanatic as well and loves the logo in your siggy. :thumbs:

Edited by humpkinpumpkin

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Greetings Sharifah and welcome to our sometimes dysfunctional MENA family. I say family because in many aspects thats what we are, including a fair amount of bickering, but when the chips are down we are supportive in absolutely incredible ways.

I am Sara, my husband Adnan is originally from Sefrou, Morocco. I joined VJ in March of 2004 just as I was getting ready to file our K1. Wow it seems so long ago now :) Adnan got here in November of 2004 and we were married shortly after his arrival, so we are getting close to a 5 year anniversary. We have a 13 year old son from my previous relationship and we have an 18 month old daughter together, plus a whole herd of cats ( I am a SUCKER for stray animals).

You've found the right place for visa support and all the things that come later - here we are almost 5 years into and still regularly dealing with USCIS - we just filed for naturalization a couple of weeks ago. This is a tough road sometimes, certainly not for the weak of heart, but it sure helps to have others who know what you are going through.

Good Luck with everything!

Edited by sara535

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Timeline
Greetings Sharifah and welcome to our sometimes dysfunctional MENA family. I say family because in many aspects thats what we are, including a fair amount of bickering, but when the chips are down we are supportive in absolutely incredible ways.

I am Sara, my husband Adnan is originally from Sefrou, Morocco. I joined VJ in March of 2004 just as I was getting ready to file our K1. Wow it seems so long ago now :) Adnan got here in November of 2004 and we were married shortly after his arrival, so we are getting close to a 5 year anniversary. We have a 13 year old son from my previous relationship and we have an 18 month old daughter together, plus a whole herd of cats ( I am a SUCKER for stray animals).

You've found the right place for visa support and all the things that come later - here we are almost 5 years into and still regularly dealing with USCIS - we just filed for naturalization a couple of weeks ago. This is a tough road sometimes, certainly not for the weak of heart, but it sure helps to have others who know what you are going through.

Good Luck with everything!

Sara! OMG Amirah is getting so big. She has the cutest smile I swear! (F)

Filed: Timeline
Thanks Annie :) doesnt she just look like the cat that swallowed the canary in that pic??

Yes! I swear I was thinking the same thing...that I just got caught so "smile at her" you can destract her easily! Reminds me of the Penguins of madagascar..."Just smile and wave, boys. Just smile and wave" :lol:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

I am Sherry, husband is Hesham, originally from Egypt but has lived in Kuwait for over 15 years now, and has lived in America also in 2005-2006. We have been waiting forever, I am doing my last internship in geriatrics, tired all the time and waiting for my husband to come home cause I hate trying to kill spiders, spiders disturb me. I am living in Pensacola, Florida, both of us came out of long term marriages, so he has four kids, I have one, that makes five children. Born and raised in California, and left when I was 20, and have lived in a lot of places. Welcome and just to let you know there are some really wonderful ladies and men on this forum.

Welcome-5.jpg

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Sherry. Well, I don't care for spiders, but I REALLY DON'T DO CENTIPEDES!!!! Have you seen the ones in the Middle East. I had a seriously tramatic experience as a child living in Saudi Arabia. Those creatures they call bugs over there, alone prevent me from wanting to live there :blink: LOL! Thanks for the welcome!

Howdy Sara. Thanks for your kind words and thoughtful words. I love how you put it dysfunctional family. What family isn't? Btw your daughter is a doll

Many hello's Bridget. I know it's ruff having our men come from else where, educated and working great positions, just to come here and work remedial posistions. My hubby is an operational manager for a sales and marketing company. I KNOW he's not gonna do that when he get's here. Oh well, this is life. InshaAllah, something good is planned for Ahmed. As for Bab el sharia....hmm, the door/gateway of the street? Nope, can't say I heard of it. Although there are many a "bab el" neighborhoods in Cairo. Thanks for your encouraging words and glad to hear the hubby is a fellow Al Ahly fan :star:

Hello Vivian! THanks for the wonderful tips! I just love VJ! Good luck with your hubby's interview. May you be together very soon!

Hi Jeanne. God willing you and your husband will be together very soon!! Btw, also a fellow VJ junky!

Hiya Jess, WOW Saudi? My family is from Jeddah. I know it's come a long way since I was a child and lived there. Never been to Riyadh. InshaAllah, I am supposed to go back next year to see family and possibly make umrah. Maybe I'll meet ya one day? Anyhow, God-willing Canada will be in your future :thumbs: Oh and don't let me forget to tell ya....you son is just sooooooo darn cute!!!!

Hello ya Mahboula. I can so relate to undeterminded sanity levesl. More so when mother nature visits me for the month. Just ask my husband, hee hee!

Hey Jackie, wonderful to meet ya! Thanks for the warm welcome! :D

Hi Tamara, nice to meet you. My mother is a Christian from Alex too. Is your husband Coptic?? Thanks for sharing your story. It's very sweet. Ahmed and I were thinking about moving to Georgia or Florida (I love Minnesota, except the winters) since it's warmer there and we both have family there. I may have to ask ya a few questions about Georgia :yes:

Hi Lisa, love your hubby's name. My son's name :thumbs: I do feel very blessed to have come across this site when I did. I was debating on a lawyer or not. Needless to say, happily I found that I can do it myself (for now) with the help of VJ. Anyhow, very nice to meet you and I look forward to know you better.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi!!!!

Im Kelly, Hubby is Sofyan from Zarqa Jordan. We live south of Chicago. We filed DCF back in 2005. We will be married 4 years next month. As you can see we have a beautiful 13 month old baby boy, Zaid... (pronounced, ZADE, not ziyad, zayad, or whatever anyone else thinks lol) Visa journey has been super helpful for me. We are lazily getting citizenship together, we could have filed along time ago but dont feel like dropping 700 just yet, lol.

Welcome to VJ...This is a wonderful group of people, just beware of any thread involving religion, age, etc. lol.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Salam Sharifah;

I'm HLM; 26 yrs old Egyptian female from Cairo. Met my husband online in Dec. O6 and got married in Aug. O7. Started K3 process then switched to CR1; the whole process took a little over a year and it was the worst and hardest thing I ever went through...I remember I lived here in VJ literally all day reading and posting and alhamdulillah made very nice friends... Found so much support here I swear I would've went crazy without it LOL.

lyrics.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Salam ~ I am Monica and was married in Morocco last June. My husband never made it to the USA or thru the visa process, but the support, guidance and knowledge of VJ and this forum have been incredible (L) I have met some ladies in person, and hope to meet more !

One member compiled all our recipes and created a Sultan's Kitchen cookbook, thanks Amal :dance: I am a nurse and work PT as a marketing assistant for an author.

I stick around bc I can't get enough of Charles and his haram of posting whores :devil:

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Timeline

Hi I am Ronell I am married to Hamdi he is from Faqous, Egypt. He was a teacher in Cairo for a little while. We married in May 2007 in Egypt. We did a CR1 visa and Hamdi arrived in March 2009. We are so happy!! Hamdi plans on continuing his education and possible being a teacher here in the US. I am an account analyst for a convience store corporate office in Ohio for going on 22 years in December. Welcome to visa journey! Everyone here is so helpful!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Salam, I guess I'll throw my lot in, too. I'm Amy, nursing student, mother of a five year old girl from a previous relationship. I met my husband Ahmed through a mutual friend in October of 2008, we got to know eachother online and over the phone, and decided quickly that we should be married. I flew to Egypt in December of 2008, we were married then, and I returned home in January... I've been back once since then. My husband and I have an apartment near his family home in Omrania, Giza. We started the K3 visa process in January and we're now looking forward to his interview at the embassy at the end of June. The process moved MUCH more quickly than I expected it to (and we wasted a month with me trying to secure co-sponsor documents) and inshaAllah it will continue to do so. My daughter and I are flying back to Egypt this summer (ugh, ugh, ugh) to visit and I'm praying that Ahmed will be coming back with us. :) Otherwise... I don't have much time for anything being a "single" mom and a full-time student. Nursing school has sucked up my life, but I am looking forward to the summer!

Edited by amysaid

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Salam Sharifah :star:

Nice thread and wonderful to see everyone posting.

My name is Melissa (everyone calls me Melly) and I have been off and on VJ for a few years.

I will very shortly be 40!! :o Born and raised in the bay area of California. :luv:

My husband, Ahmed, is just a couple years younger than me and was born in Cairo but raised for some years in Kuwait.

He is currently running an IT business and we hope to make a branch of the business in Kuwait and live there for some time.

Hubby and I have known each other for about five years, and married for 2 come October insha'Allah. We had originally planned to file for the visa, but for a few reasons (which makes a long boring story), we decided it would be easier for me to move to Egypt instead.

I have a wonderful son who will be 15 this year. I lubs him so much :luv: and am missing him ALOT!!

Insha'Allah we hope to get back to the States later this year to visit. Hubby has never been to the States so that should be a fun trip!

Same as you, I love reading and cooking (baking) and also photography and sewing (quilting).

Insha'Allah the rest of your journey will go smoothly. The women on this board are super supportive and are here for you if you need anything. :yes:

Hello and Salaam everyone. I didn't find a thread that was like this, so I thought I would start my own.

I just joined April 17, 2009 but didn't really become active until the begining of May. I so far LOVE VJ. It's been so helpful, even when I have stupid question (usually someone has already asked :lol: ).

Everyone here is so kind and informative. I see that many of of you know each other by name. I would love to as well. I will tell ya little more about me and hope that you are willing to do the same.

My name is Sharifah. I'm 33 years old. I have an eight year old son named Tariq. I've been married for a little over two months to the man of my dreams, (well sometimes, depends on if he annoys me that day or not :luv: ) Ahmed. I love reading, cats, and cooking. This waiting for my husband to get here is driving me nuts, but thankfully many of you have already experienced that or are currently going through it.

I look forward to hearing more about you. Thanks and Shookran!

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Timeline

Salam, Im Sandra and my husband Ahmed met online in mid 2007 and did lots of chatting and cam and voice, ect.. decided to take a first trip to Egypt in Jan. 2008 and everything was as wonderful as I expected to be when we met. We married May 4, 2008 in Cairo and I have been back a total of 4 times. He is finishing his military in the north coast and will complete sept. 1 inshalla we will be together soon. Im from Kansas toto land as you all may know it. It's a great place to raise a family I think. My husband and I enjoy lots of different things, we are both adventurous and love the outdoors, swimming, snorkeling, diving, walking down the beach holding hands. We both like liverpool, its our team.

I have learned so much from this site and it's been so amazing to ask and get answers to most questions posted here.

Sharifah and I both filied in May so I'm glad we can walk through this together, its nice to know everyone in here really does care. I keep my opionions to myself and keep myself very respectfull to others posts as I think it should be in here. It's hard enough to wait for our loved ones.

Oh to Nawel, Zaids mommy and the others with children on here they are absoulutly adorable. This has been an amazing journey and im sure will have its ups and downs but looking forward to spending the rest of my life with Ahmed. Best wishes to everyone here.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you Sahrifah for starting this thread!! I have been around VJ since the beginning of April and wanted to introduce myself in MENA forum a while ago... :blush:

Well, I am Aya I met my fiance John/Musa online in July, 2008. I still like to call him John more than Musa because that has been his name since we first met, I like it and I don't want to change a thing about him.. I just love him the way he is :blush: We met in person in March 2009 and we are filing our K1 the coming week a day or two after my 21st birthday :) He has two beautiful kids whom I fell in love with and feel they are already my own children...

I am a Literature student, I should graduate next month and have my B.A of Arts... These days I am having my final exams, so I am a little busy but that doesn't keep me off VJ anyway lol.. I totally love this site and like the warm spirit and the kind help I got in the forums I posted in and the feel-at-home feeling I get in MENA forum. Well, I am looking for a job these days too to start working right after my graduation save some cash and pass the time till this long wait is over... If you know MENA countries' traditions well enough, you would know that it is not acceptable for a Middle Eastern girl to be with a foreign/western guy as much as it is for a Middle Eastern guy. So, currently we are struggling to get my family's acceptance and approval of our engagement and doing our best every single day... It's not so easy but we are doing it and I pray things will turn out great in the end...

Well the random things I like cats, butterflies, reading, blue and pink, cooking, hanging out with the girls, learning, and languages...

Well that's TOO much about me :P I hope I make some friends of the MENA ladies and if you need anything to ask about Egypt I'm here to help :)

P.S: Sharifah I am a 100% Al Ahly loyal fan!! :devil: The Red Devils ;):thumbs:

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.