Theglassguy

CAN I ask does this make one fight a little more with you loved one?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It seems this last month I have been acting more and more like Im crazy? I say the wrong thing or Im just missing her so much if she does some thing I start to think crazy?? And we tend to fight a little online?? We never used to to this.Now its like we do it once a week.Is this normal?? Is it the stress of what we are going through??

Please help I think Im going crazy here. :crying:

Filed: Timeline
It seems this last month I have been acting more and more like Im crazy? I say the wrong thing or Im just missing her so much if she does some thing I start to think crazy?? And we tend to fight a little online?? We never used to to this.Now its like we do it once a week.Is this normal?? Is it the stress of what we are going through??

Could be the jitters, or something else. Talk it through, your feelings, and see what happens.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Don't worry, my fiancee and I also went through this... we had a rough few weeks just after sending in the initial paperwork... it got to the point that I was ready to walk away. instead we decided that a visit would be the best thing and that is what worked for us. It is not recommended to have the beneficiary visit during the visa process because it may delay the time... but if we did not have her come, it wold not matter how much time the visa took, it would have been over. The 2 week visit fixed everything. I know that not everyone can do that, we were lucky that we had the money and time so if that is not an option you I do not know what to say... for us, we would not have made it.

good luck

Don't worry, my fiancee and I also went through this... we had a rough few weeks just after sending in the initial paperwork... it got to the point that I was ready to walk away. instead we decided that a visit would be the best thing and that is what worked for us. It is not recommended to have the beneficiary visit during the visa process because it may delay the time... but if we did not have her come, it wold not matter how much time the visa took, it would have been over. The 2 week visit fixed everything. I know that not everyone can do that, we were lucky that we had the money and time so if that is not an option you I do not know what to say... for us, we would not have made it.

good luck

In Ukraine she will probably not be able to come visit in any event, and shouldn't if there is a K-1 in process (because of fraud issues). He might make a visit though.

Nervousness and a short temper are pretty normal things at this point, and there may be more friction as she gets closer to leaving Ukraine. My wife had been to America before, and we even met here. She had a pretty good idea of the situation, and was still nervous/testy when she gave serious thought to being away from her family. Her relatives were not thrilled by the distance either, and that contributed to her periodic moodiness. Extra patience is the recipe in that situation.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well one thing we have had words about from time to time (not before Alla came though, I do not remember ever having a problem then) is that some things you can say can be mis-interpretted. I think one thing we did (doesn't always work) was say "Look, if say something you think is bad, remember I would never say anything to hurt you, so maybe I said it wrong, just tell me" But when two languages are involved and neither is expert at the other's language, it can cause unexpected results. Alla speaks English very well, but doesn't understand all the slang and idioms and I can say something which any American would wave off as a "figure of speech" and offend her because she takes it literally. Tell your fiancee it is "raining cats and dogs" and she is gonna want to SEE this! If you get the point. Only saying it has been a issue for us, but usually not a serious one.

You need to get to work on your packet 3 documents, keep your mind off counting days and other silly things, start to make plans. You DO NOT have everything she needs at your house, see if you can work on that. Keep your mind off the beaurocratic BS and get to work on the the things you will need next. If that is making you testy, get your thoughts on something else. I think it is a USCIS test or something. See if you can get to visit her, whatever it takes. I went to Ukraine 5 times between NOA1 and interview. That may be crazy in itself, but it helped us both. I went with Alla to get every document, she did none of this by herself and I think that helped. Sometimes they are overwhelmed with all this.

If you are fighting about things regarding the home...give it up. She is a Ukrainian woman and that is HER place, never argue with the woman about the home, it is hers. You will lose. She won't argue with you about your job, that is yours. A good Ukrainian woman doesn't even understand why a man would bother to argue with a woman anyway. LOL

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

If you are fighting about things regarding the home...give it up. She is a Ukrainian woman and that is HER place, never argue with the woman about the home, it is hers. You will lose. She won't argue with you about your job, that is yours. A good Ukrainian woman doesn't even understand why a man would bother to argue with a woman anyway. LOL

Amen to that..... and remember, if your lady is not happy, then NO ONE is happy....

Little arguments are normal as long as you (the man) admits you are wrong and apologizes.... (The man is always wrong.. :rofl: )

The long wait and the pressure can be a factor, just try to keep it cool at all times ;-)

K1

09/11/08 - I-129F Sent
09/16/08 - I-129F NOA1
02/06/09 - I-129F NOA2
02/13/09 - NVC Received
04/06/09 - NVC Left
04/09/09 - Embassy Received
05/18/09 - Interview Passed/Visa Approved
05/21/09 - Visa Received (picked up at Fedex in Kiev)
05/28/09 - Entered U.S. via JFK
05/29/09 - Applied for SS#
06/08/09 - SS# Received in the mail
06/12/09 - Applied for a Marriage License
06/19/09 - Wedding Day
07/03/09 - SS# under new name received in the mail

AOS/EAD/AP
07/27/09 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent
07/31/09 - Package arrived in Chicago
08/03/09 - NOA for all 3 forms
08/27/09 - Case transferred to CSC
09/02/09 - Biometrics appointment - Done
09/03/09 - EAD touched
09/04/09 - AOS touched
09/14/09 - AP & EAD approved - Card Ordered
09/18/09 - AP Received in the mail
09/21/09 - EAD Card received in the mail
09/25/09 - AOS Approved
09/29/09 - Green Card Sent
10/02/09 - Green Card Received.
12/18/09 - Got my Drivers License.

ROC
06/27/11 - I-751 Sent.
07/01/11 - NOA.
08/15/11- Biometrics appointment.
03/17/12- ROC Approved - No Interview.

Naturalization
01/21/15 - N-400 Sent

04/15/15 - Became a US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Fighting is normal. In my relationship, when one gets mad the other doesn't. This made sure that the minor problems don't escalate to huge problems. By showing you're listening when she's mad, she'll slowly come back down to Earth. Let her yell at you. And you listen. Also, just use common sense. If she's yelling or screaming at you for no reason, it means that you're relationship is normal. However, if she's yelling at you to avoid you there's a problem.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

During that time, my fiancée were discussing other countries we would like to live in if the USA didn't accept her. We did everything we could plus more to satisfy the DOS and the USCIS, and doesn't help being an engineer with worse case design and asking that "What IF?" question a zillion times. But hey, this is my honey and we only wanted to be together, so never argued about these delays. Another answer was, "Maybe Tomorrow!".

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
During that time, my fiancée were discussing other countries we would like to live in if the USA didn't accept her. We did everything we could plus more to satisfy the DOS and the USCIS, and doesn't help being an engineer with worse case design and asking that "What IF?" question a zillion times. But hey, this is my honey and we only wanted to be together, so never argued about these delays. Another answer was, "Maybe Tomorrow!".

Thanks a bunch every one.This help me out a lote.My sweety is so much wiser then me! She all ready knew what was bothering me and we talked about it and she calmed me down.

She is wise beyoond her years,she is alwas Calm and never thinks bad.I love her so much.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good luck

Where did you get that from? I have never heard that the beneficiary visiting can "delay the time". If I'm mistaken then please educate me. The beneficiary might not be let into the United States, which is the risk of visiting during the K-1, but where did you see that it might delay the time???

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

nOObs sheesh...it is not true sister marina

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Didn't think so....I don't know why I even bother...

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Didn't think so....I don't know why I even bother...

No trouble - as I mentioned earlier a Ukrainian woman probably won't be allowed a tourist visa anyway.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif