Delays in card production...

197 posts in this topic

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
so are any of you guys just gonna make an infopass appt after your 30 days are up?I have a feeling that God has a sense of humor and makes me drive allllll the way to the office, get the stamp, and then have me find the card in the mail the next day :blink:

I did already, for next Monday, at 9:15AM.

11/17/08 : Application sent (I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765)

11/18/08 : Official receipt of documents stated on I-797C (Signature for receipt at USCIS was on 11/17/2008 at 10PM)

11/28/08 : NOA Received ( I-797C) for all 4 forms (forms issued on 11/26/2008)

12/18/2008: LUD on I-130, I-131, I-765

01/29/2009: Bio done

01/29, 30/2009: LUD on I485 and I765

2/10/2009: issued AP, valid 1 year for multiple entries.

2/23/2009: Got EAD card

3/8/2009: LUD on all applications. Shows approval of I131 and I765, still pending on I130, I485.

04/28/2009 at 9:30 AM: Interview. Told to wait 90 days for a resolution by mail.

05/01/2009: Card production ordered.

05/06/2009: Received approval NOAs for I130 and I485 (welcome notice, 10 years card). I130 still shows case received and pending.

06/18/2009: got the 10 years validity card. Process length: 213 days since sending the applications.

No RFE at all along the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just to let you know, they must have the ball rolling again. My GC was approved April 9/09, and card production wasn't ordered until May 21/09. I got my GC in the mail today, June 1/09. So, hang in there! They're coming! :)

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
Just to let you know, they must have the ball rolling again. My GC was approved April 9/09, and card production wasn't ordered until May 21/09. I got my GC in the mail today, June 1/09. So, hang in there! They're coming! :)

Woohooo!! :dance: ... and Congrats!! :)

**AOS**

12-13-2008 Wedding

01-26-2009 package sent (I-130, AOS, EAD)

02-04-2009 NOAs issued (I-130, I-485, I-765)

02-09-2009 NOAs received (I-130, I-485, I-765)

02-27-2009 Biometrics appointment

05-06-2009 AOS Interview APPROVED!!!! YAY!

05-11-2009 Welcome to the USA letter received

**ROC**

02-05-2011 ROC filed at California Service Center

02-11-2011 Received NOA (Dated 02-09-2011)

03-02-2011 Biometrics appointment

04-27-2011 ROC Approved

05-02-2011 10 years GC recieved

HWIkm8.png

1sRPp2.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
TheATeam, thanks for the great news and congratulations!!! :dance::thumbs: Hopefully, they have started the process again and all of us will get our GCs within the next couple or three weeks :star:

6 December 2008 - our wedding!!!

3 January 2009 - AOS package sent to Chicago lockbox

5 January - document received by USCIS

8 January - 3 NOAs issued (485, 765, 131)

12 January - NOA hard copies received by mail

13 January - AOS, EAD touched

19 January AP touched

10 February - placed a service request regarding biometrics appointment

23 February - biometrics appointment issued

11 March - AP approved and approval notice sent

14 March - biometrics at San Marcos ASC

16 March - EAD card production ordered

16 March - AP received in the mail

16 March - AOS touched

26 March - EAD received in the mail

9 April - Invitation for the interview received in the mail (issued 6 April)

13 May - AOS INTERVIEW!!! APPROOVED!!!!

15 May - Card production ordered!

21 May - Welcome Notice received in the mail

15 June - Card production ordered again

22 June - Green Card received in the mail!!! Woohoo!!! (dated 13 May 2009)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

ok so i was kinda "investigating" :blush::whistle: the forum here and it seems that a WHOLE BUNCH of ppl who got approved around Apr 9 got their cards today. :) that's great news! it's moving!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
ok so i was kinda "investigating" :blush::whistle: the forum here and it seems that a WHOLE BUNCH of ppl who got approved around Apr 9 got their cards today. :) that's great news! it's moving!

I wanna vote you to the position of chief investigator! :) So it is kind of like 8 weeks, right? :)

Nice! That's great news!

11/17/08 : Application sent (I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765)

11/18/08 : Official receipt of documents stated on I-797C (Signature for receipt at USCIS was on 11/17/2008 at 10PM)

11/28/08 : NOA Received ( I-797C) for all 4 forms (forms issued on 11/26/2008)

12/18/2008: LUD on I-130, I-131, I-765

01/29/2009: Bio done

01/29, 30/2009: LUD on I485 and I765

2/10/2009: issued AP, valid 1 year for multiple entries.

2/23/2009: Got EAD card

3/8/2009: LUD on all applications. Shows approval of I131 and I765, still pending on I130, I485.

04/28/2009 at 9:30 AM: Interview. Told to wait 90 days for a resolution by mail.

05/01/2009: Card production ordered.

05/06/2009: Received approval NOAs for I130 and I485 (welcome notice, 10 years card). I130 still shows case received and pending.

06/18/2009: got the 10 years validity card. Process length: 213 days since sending the applications.

No RFE at all along the process.

This is awesome. Congrats and thanks for sharing the news TheATeam. Did you get two emails from USCIS about card production? one being close to your approval date/welcom letter and the other on May 21st?

Again - congrats on your card.

What I do not understand is why you guys/gals are making a big deal about some plastic, you got your approval letters, you have the option of having your passports stamped for 1 year (Same as GC), these people are renovating/upgrading their facilities, how do you expect them to work if everyone keeps calling them everyday to inquire about something redundant? and come on now someone actually mentioned calling the congressman about this? Do you think they do not have more important stuff to do than worry about you not getting your cards within 30 days? I would not dare bother the USCIS or my congressman over this, I got my approval and that'all that matters to me, I made an infopass app. just to get my passport stamped in case I need to travel on an emer. Lighten up people!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
What I do not understand is why you guys/gals are making a big deal about some plastic, you got your approval letters, you have the option of having your passports stamped for 1 year (Same as GC), these people are renovating/upgrading their facilities, how do you expect them to work if everyone keeps calling them everyday to inquire about something redundant? and come on now someone actually mentioned calling the congressman about this? Do you think they do not have more important stuff to do than worry about you not getting your cards within 30 days? I would not dare bother the USCIS or my congressman over this, I got my approval and that'all that matters to me, I made an infopass app. just to get my passport stamped in case I need to travel on an emer. Lighten up people!!!!

Uh, yeah... you make a good point, but only if they had announced that the card production would actually be halted during this time so people would know they need to use an alternate method of showing that they are valid to work or continue working. Also... the people who run the machines are very unlikely to be the ones working on the renovation stuff, we hire illegal mexican workers to do carpentry and stuff like that (it's not obvious to me what they are renovating really, but I assume if they expected delays it involves construction or some multi-ton machinery of some sort).

Uh, yeah... you make a good point, but only if they had announced that the card production would actually be halted during this time so people would know they need to use an alternate method of showing that they are valid to work or continue working. Also... the people who run the machines are very unlikely to be the ones working on the renovation stuff, we hire illegal mexican workers to do carpentry and stuff like that (it's not obvious to me what they are renovating really, but I assume if they expected delays it involves construction or some multi-ton machinery of some sort).

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Permanent Resident Card Production Delays

USCIS is announcing that applicants may experience up to an eight week delay in the delivery of their permanent resident card while we are in the process of upgrading our card production equipment. USCIS Field Offices will be issuing temporary evidence of permanent residence in the form of an I-551 stamp to applicants approved for permanent residence at the time of their interview. You will need to take your passport to your appointment. If you do not have a passport, you must bring a passport style photo and government issued photo identification to receive temporary evidence of permanent residence.

If the application is approved subsequent to your interview or by a Service Center or the National Benefit Center, the applicant should bring the above documents to an INFOPASS appointment to be issued temporary evidence of permanent residence in the form of an I-551 stamp.

Last updated:05/29/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah MDResident thanks for posting that OUR POINT IS that that press statement cameout on the 29th of MAY.....ONE MONTH after most of us got approved and had been waiting already....point being something like this takesplanning in advance and could have warned us! the office i have to go to to get my stamp is 2 hrs away by the mexican border and me and DH only have one car besides if you wanna be a party pooper go play in traffic

ok....oh and I, with honor, accept the position as chief investigator. thank you *bows*

yeah MDResident thanks for posting that OUR POINT IS that that press statement cameout on the 29th of MAY.....ONE MONTH after most of us got approved and had been waiting already....point being something like this takesplanning in advance and could have warned us! the office i have to go to to get my stamp is 2 hrs away by the mexican border and me and DH only have one car besides if you wanna be a party pooper go play in traffic

ok....oh and I, with honor, accept the position as chief investigator. thank you *bows*

Please do not take this personal and be civil about it. All I am saying is that you give these guys a break, everybody knows about the USCIS administration which has a real bad reputation despite the fact that we are paying them billions in fees so when they make a move to upgrade their systems/offices to make things better let's be patient and wait especially in our cases where we have already been approved and we're legal, it's not like your card is late a couple of weeks you will die or something. And, let's be honest, the approval letters state 60 days to get the card right? do why would someone call the congressman and complain after 30 days, I mean we can reserve congressman for more important issues or for people who really need their help ie a person whose spouse is stuck in some other country for years and USCIS is not moving fast on the case....etc...just a thought, of course we all want things to be better but sometimes we just got to take a step back and see if the stress is really worth this....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.