GS4EVER

Moving to America

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
ESL....Dont do that u will feel that ur in kindergarden...My mom took these classes and I just sat with her during her first class and they literally start from Alphabets.I was like WOW what a waste of time...Probably it was beginner's course thats why.
Si, man; the better schools will "place" you appropriately by testing you or at least interviewing you. In larger cities, churches may offer or host ESL classes, for very low cost or for free. And, remember: Even if we sit through a class that seems too simple for us, the experience can be worth it if we come out of it with even ONE good idea or piece of information that we didn't have before.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
K.D. r u serious abt joining ESL....Dont do that u will feel that ur in kindergarden...My mom took these classes and I just sat with her during her first class and they literally start from Alphabets.I was like WOW what a waste of time...Probably it was beginner's course thats why.But I know ur english is way better .As far as pronunciation n accent is concerned that takes a long time.I have been here six years and i still have an accent .Yes there are some terminologies here different than british english/india/pak but u will know them in a heart beat.

thanks atk.

i ws thinking about it sometimes . but my hubby also denied me to join it. as i m going to join Pharm.D. in next batch. he says as i will stat going to school i will learn it . i ws being over cautious thouh i have passed TOEFL and GRE. and watching english movies and TV shows from years together.

i ws confused.. now i can have clear view of pic.... :) thank you (F)

Case complete: 04-20-09

Interview date: 06-08-09

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi all :)

I've gotten my visa and I will be travelling to the US on 20th November... it's still a few months away but I'm really nervous. I was thinking about the situation and I realised that I will be leaving my parents and my dog and hamster behind. Just thinking about it makes me cry. I know it's not like I'm gonna leave them and won't see them again, but just knowing that I won't be seeing them often makes me really really sad. That's basically what's holding me back from going to him earlier. I'm just terrified at leaving my parents behind :(

Timeline
Hi all :)

I've gotten my visa and I will be travelling to the US on 20th November... it's still a few months away but I'm really nervous. I was thinking about the situation and I realised that I will be leaving my parents and my dog and hamster behind. Just thinking about it makes me cry. I know it's not like I'm gonna leave them and won't see them again, but just knowing that I won't be seeing them often makes me really really sad. That's basically what's holding me back from going to him earlier. I'm just terrified at leaving my parents behind :(

i have got visa on 8 june. now leaving for US tomoro night.......... finally....... i m also leaving my my pet , my parents and whole family here. it really hurts. but its a part of life........ :cry::cry2:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline

i am here for 8 months now and im still adjusting...but is not that bad as at the beginning..

GOD is Good,GOD is Great,GOD is Awesome!

*K1*(process time 7months & 13days)*

12.11.2007 -Filed I-129F

07.24.2008 -VISA interview. APPROVED!!!

*AOS*(process time 7months & 5days)*

11.26.2008 -Filed AOS,EAD,AP

02.09.2009- AP Received

03.20.2009-EAD Received

07.09.2009-2Year Green Card Received

*ROC*(process time 3months & 18days)*

04.04.2011-Filed ROC(I-751)

07.28.2011-10 Year GC Received

*NATURALIZATION*(process time 4months & 27days)*

04/02/2014- Filed N-400

07/08/14-Interview (Recommended for Approval)

08/29/2014-Oath Ceremony

as1cCDkFg000010OXNsenwxNjA0emx8V2UgaGF2Z

Hey since hubby is coming soon, I figured I will start this post eventhough I am the USC. But I moved here 13 yrs ago at age 20 so I have a lot I can relate with to newcomers.

So officially, welcome!! :thumbs::star:(F)

All I can say is, Everything is going great for me :dance:

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I will be leaving my parents and my dog and hamster behind.

"i m also leaving my my pet , my parents and whole family here."

KD and LC--

Some of our friends from Ecuador managed to bring their dog into the country. I think it was relatively simple for them, and they are on VJ if you want to ask them. I realize that one of you left yesterday, but maybe you could look forward to a visit home in a few months and bring your furry pals back with you then?

Hang in there sisters!

Edited by Chamy and Gatita

4.25.08: sent K-1 application

4.28.08: NOA1

5.14.08: touched

9.25.08: touched

9.26.08: touched

9.26.08: NOA2

10.2.08: at NVC, letter says our application will be sent to Guayaquil in one week

10.9.08: spoke with consulate, they have our case

10.13.08: Doctor's appointment

10.20.08: Interview READ THE REVIEWS!

10.30.08: entry: Los Angeles

11.12.08: marriage

11.25.08: applied for Social Security card. READ THE vj GUIDE!

12.3.08: packet and letter for interview arrived at fiance's mail in Ecuador- for 10.20 interview! ha ha!

12.5.08: received SS card in mail

1.9.09: sent AOS/EAD/AP applications

2.10.09: Biometrics appt, Sacramento CA

3.15.09: AP recieved in mail

3.26.09: EAD recieved in mail

3.26.09: AOS interview, Sacramento, CA

4.09.09: Permanent Resident card received in mail

3.11.11: Mailed I-751 to CSC

3.14.11: I-751 received by CSC per USPS tracking

3.14.11: NOA date (received in mail on 3.19) one year extension

Timeline

finally, i m officially here on this thread . moved to america before 2 days and its not bad hahahah :devil:

kindda happy reunion :star::star: . lets see what comes up next..

GS whr r u? hope enjoying with hubby.,, :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.