ms_jinga_lala

Fear of Failure

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I know I may sound a little crazy but I filed my I-129F not too long ago and since I filed it I've had this fear that it won't get approved. I have no idea why, I sent everything from the list I got here off the site. I make enough money for the 125% but I'm just nervous something could go wrong. Is this kind of craziness normal after filing? And does it last the whole time lol?

And also, there is no way I can go see him again during the filing process. I can't get enough time off work to go back in the next few months. I might be able to squeeze in a short trip for his interview depending on when he gets it but I have kids and they create issues with finding someone to keep them while I'm gone. How much notice do you get before the interview? I have to put in my time off request at work 6-8 weeks early to get any blocks of time (more than 2 days in a row) off. Is this going to cause problems because I'm not going back over there between now and then?

January 2009 - K-1 Denied by the consulate

January 2011 - Moved to India - Yikes!

October 2011 - DCF filing rejected by overzealous employee at the embassy

December 2011 - Tourist visa denied (not surprising)

March 2012 - CR1/IR1 process started

May 1, 2012 - RFE and some of our information was entered into the computer wrong by the CSC

Read about all the shenanigans of my relationship at American Punjaban PI

I know I may sound a little crazy but I filed my I-129F not too long ago and since I filed it I've had this fear that it won't get approved. I have no idea why, I sent everything from the list I got here off the site. I make enough money for the 125% but I'm just nervous something could go wrong. Is this kind of craziness normal after filing? And does it last the whole time lol?

And also, there is no way I can go see him again during the filing process. I can't get enough time off work to go back in the next few months. I might be able to squeeze in a short trip for his interview depending on when he gets it but I have kids and they create issues with finding someone to keep them while I'm gone. How much notice do you get before the interview? I have to put in my time off request at work 6-8 weeks early to get any blocks of time (more than 2 days in a row) off. Is this going to cause problems because I'm not going back over there between now and then?

Initial petitions rarely get denied in the US. Embassy interviews are the BIGGY.

Multiple trips are a plus. Never have seen anyone who regreted attending the interview. LOTS that regret they didn't tho.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The chances of you being outright denied at the petition stage are slim. If there's anything seriously wrong with the petition, of if there are significant omissions they will send you an RFE to respond to. If you are anything like me, the nervousness and stress of the process really won't go away! But the feeling when you finally do get is fantastic... beyond words.

Waiting for the interview is the hardest part! It was for me at least. We were given 4 weeks notice... but every consulate is different in their procedures. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
but every consulate is different in their procedures.
True. Refer to the appropriate Regional forum here. Also, people who have gone through New Delhi will be able to advise you regarding how serious the "no more visits" might be, which is a very important matter.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well first, your income has nothing to do with the I-129f petition approval. They do not know or care about your income at this point. Neither does the nuimber of visits or other evidence of relatioship, that is for his interview. If you are a citizen, you and your fiance(e) have no criminal record and you sent the documents requested, your petition should get approved.

Visits are the best way of establishing that you have an ongoing realtionship, hands down. If you cannot visit then keep as accurate and complete records of every other communication. You may or may not have 6-8 weeks notice for the interview, depends on the consulate.

Good luck

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Yes it is normal, and yes it does last whole time :blink: our interview is in 10 days and i'm going over for it in 7 days, and I am worry whole time.

Probably because I own a small business and with all the write offs I am allowed to take i'm only $4000.00 over the income limits. If I would have only known maybe I could have skipped the $30,000+ write offs past few years and sailed right through. It really SUCKS worrying.

What consulate are you working with?

Edited by thepizzadude

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

We are working with the Delhi consulate. If the no visit thing is going to be a problem do you think I stand a chance at filing a hardship based on the job situation and the kids as a reason why I can't just keep going over there? They are the only thing that keeps me from going. My mom does foster care and can't keep them, my dad has mental health issues and my husbands family isn't an option either. I don't have any other relatives that can keep them. If I can get time off of work it won't be for long enough to spend 4 days flying and have time to visit. I only get 5.5 days every 2 weeks, right now I have 2 days on the books and 1 I have to take off for my daughter to have outpatient surgery. So in one month I will have enough time to complete the flight only and that's if I didn't actually stay. In 6 weeks I could stay for 1 day. Then it would take me another 10 weeks just to complete one more 1 day visit. So at the absolute best I could squeeze in 2 very short and more than exhausting visits if I could find childcare. If I save all my time and nothing comes up that I have to take off for, in 4 months I could go over there for 5-6 days. However if I do that I won't have the time off to fly back over there for the interview. So I was thinking if I can save my time and go for the interview I can be there for that (if I can line up some childcare over the holidays which is about when all this will go down for us), then I can be there for the interview and picking up his visa and fly back with him to the states. Any advice on how bad only being able to go for the interview could be will be greatly appreciated.

I talk to him about 3-4 hours each day and we email and send letters and packages back and forth. I have witnesses that hear me talking to him and he talks to my kids all the time and my dad just loves him. They could all vouch for our relationship and on his side his parents and quite a few other relatives could vouch for us as well.

Thank you all for responding so far, and thanks in advance for any more advice that is posted.

January 2009 - K-1 Denied by the consulate

January 2011 - Moved to India - Yikes!

October 2011 - DCF filing rejected by overzealous employee at the embassy

December 2011 - Tourist visa denied (not surprising)

March 2012 - CR1/IR1 process started

May 1, 2012 - RFE and some of our information was entered into the computer wrong by the CSC

Read about all the shenanigans of my relationship at American Punjaban PI

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
just prepare as much as you can, and hope for the best.

:yes:

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-10

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-06-18

Interview : 2009-12-10 - Denied

----------------------------------

Married : 2009-12-29

I-130 sent : 2011-03-24

I-130 noa1 : 2011-03-30

I-130 noa2 : 2011-07-25

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.