~~ * Sarara * ~~

Oath Ceremonies Reschedule

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello All,

Our oath ceremony is on 15th May 2009 but certain circumstances came-up and we may not be able to go as we will be about 1000 miles away for a week for our first baby's baby shower function.

Notice letter says that "if we can not come to this ceremony then return the notice immediately stating we can not appear. In such case you will be sent another notice of ceremony at a later date."

It also says that "Please keep in mind that out naturalization ceremonies are filled for the rest of the year"

Can anyone please assist us what should we do and how to reschedule? It will be safe or OK to reschedule? what are the consequences?

Also what exactly mean by "naturalization ceremonies are filled for the rest of the year" above?

This means we can not get naturalization oath ceremonies notice until next year because they are full for this year?

Oath ceremony is at Concord, NH

Thank you

Safe to reschedule, but it may be a year before your rescheduled.

(they have no free spots for the rest of the year)

Up to which you want to do first - you can easily reschedule the baby shower than the other thing :)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
Hello All,

Our oath ceremony is on 15th May 2009 but certain circumstances came-up and we may not be able to go as we will be about 1000 miles away for a week for our first baby's baby shower function.

Notice letter says that "if we can not come to this ceremony then return the notice immediately stating we can not appear. In such case you will be sent another notice of ceremony at a later date."

It also says that "Please keep in mind that out naturalization ceremonies are filled for the rest of the year"

Can anyone please assist us what should we do and how to reschedule? It will be safe or OK to reschedule? what are the consequences?

Also what exactly mean by "naturalization ceremonies are filled for the rest of the year" above?

This means we can not get naturalization oath ceremonies notice until next year because they are full for this year?

Thank you

Well, I would say "naturalization ceremonies are filled for the rest of the year" means that there won't be any more slots in the other ceremonies this year and that you won't get naturalized until 2010 if you miss this ceremony.

To be honest, a baby shower, in my personal opinion, is no reason to reschedule your naturalization ceremony. Yes, becoming a parent is one of the most important events in life. Maybe the most important event in life. And that happens when it happens. But a baby shower??? Come on, you can reschedule that and you have a very important reason to do so. Because, in my eyes, taking the oath and finishing your long journey with USCIS is also a very important event in your lives. And just like childbirth, sometimes you just have to go with the dates that are given to you. Now, I would try to keep this date and finish this process. And then after that or before then you can have as many baby showers as you would like. And if the baby happens to be born just before or on May 15th, then you'll have valid excuse why you couldn't make it and have to reschedule.

Good luck to you guys!

Hello All,

Thank you

I'm totally agree with Stella08 nd Boby_Umit

animated_us_flag.gifN-400 Naturalization

03/23/09 Sent N-400 to Lewisville, Texas by UPS

03/25/09 delivered

03/30/09 check cashed

03/31/09 NOA

04/03/09 Touched

04/24/09 Biometrics

07/18/09 Interview letter received

08/19/09 Interview -*APPROVED*

08/27/09 Oath date -** US CITIZEN **

09/01/09 Applied for passport

09/14/09 Passport Received !!!

Filed: Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

I find it tough to believe that Concord, NH has booked all the oath ceremony spots for the rest of 2009. We are only in April and I suspect they book 2 months in advance, at best. Just a thought, as you should be able to re-schedule without an excessive delay under normal circumstances. I was able to reschedule the interview, which got pushed back two weeks. Hopefully someone who's rescheduled an oath will be able to comment, although Concord may have peculiar rules/constraints that may indeed push the next available slot to 2010.

N-400

11-07-08 Mailed application to VT

11-20-08 NOA1 from NBC in Missouri

12-06-08 Biometrics

01-24-09 recieve appointment for 3/25 interview

01-25-09 Mailed letter to Hartford requesting new interview date (away on 3/25 at brother's wedding)

02-12-09 Recieve letter from NBC stating they have recieved my request for new interview date

02-21-09 Recieve letter for interview on April 7th. Hartford's got it's act together!

05-08-09 Oath ceremony in New Haven CT

Removal of Conditions

11-28-07 Mailed I-751 to VT

12-12-07 NOA (date-12-07-07)

01-10-08 Biometrics Appt

10-30-08 Approval letter (dated 10-27-08-approved!). Zero touches prior to letter

11-04-08 10-yr card arrives in the mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
I find it tough to believe that Concord, NH has booked all the oath ceremony spots for the rest of 2009. We are only in April and I suspect they book 2 months in advance, at best. Just a thought, as you should be able to re-schedule without an excessive delay under normal circumstances. I was able to reschedule the interview, which got pushed back two weeks. Hopefully someone who's rescheduled an oath will be able to comment, although Concord may have peculiar rules/constraints that may indeed push the next available slot to 2010.

That's a good point. The poster filed his/her N-400 in January of 2009. That was only three months ago. So within four months you can finish your application process at that office. So they don't even know yet how many people will be eligible for oath by the end of the year. I'm sure they have an average of applicants each year. But I doubt they can say for sure that each single spot is taken already. On the other hand, it's their rules and we have to play by them. And if they say there are no more slots left in the oath ceremonies this year, than so be it. I don't know if I would risk that if I didn't absolutely have to.

So close to getting your oath done. So close. If the oath is not of up most importance then get it rescheduled. Your so close to finally being done with the USCIS. Tough choice. I personally want to be done with these people =). So I'd personally hold off on anything happening. Congrats on the baby =) Wish you the best of luck. The little ones are awesome.

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
Can anyone please assist us what should we do and how to reschedule?

As your notice states "if we can not come to this ceremony then return the notice immediately stating we can not appear. In such case you will be sent another notice of ceremony at a later date.

It will be safe or OK to reschedule?

Yes, it's safe, & OK, to reschedule.

what are the consequences?

The consequence is that your citizenship will be delayed, this may not be a big deal for you....

That is what it would seem to imply, though, it does seem unusual, but, it's hard to comment without knowing the circumstances of your office - if you do choose to reschedule, you would have to anticipate your oath being delayed till next year.

It really comes down to your personal choice. It you feel the baby shower is that important to you, you are not willing to reschedule it, then you do have the choice to return your notice and request your oath ceremony be rescheduled. The downside is that you are not a citizen until after your oath - remember you do need to meet eligibility requirements until your oath ceremony.

N400 at California SC, Field office- Los Angeles

Sep 3, 2007 Application Mailed

Sep 12, 2007 - Priority date

Nov 9,2007 - check cashed

Nov 20,2007 - NOA1: "expect to be notified within 425 days of this notice",

Jan 10, 2008 - fingerprints appointment (letter lost due to mailing address receipted incorrectly)

Feb 7, 2008 - fingerprints done (took about 10 min - as a walk-in)

Sept 8, 2008 - Interview date (letter received Jul 18) - rescheduled at my request

Jan 6, 2009 - Interview date

Feb 26, 2009 - Citizenship Oath

*online status "case received Oct 29", no touches showing.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The general rule is to never postpone your Oath ceremony unless it's life or death. Having a new date set by the INS is one thing, but the real issue people have found is that they get put back into the INS system and many have experienced very long delays, getting lost in the system etc. It is not uncommon to hear people reschudualing and finding themselves over a year later not hearing anything.

Is your baby shower more important then citizenship? Many people cancel over seas trips because of this and pay heavy flight change costs just to avoid missing the oath ceremony.

Most people will tell you that if it is an extreme situtation (dying relative in another country) or something like that where you simply just can't make it then you could consider it, but anything else (like a baby shower) would be no reason to miss it and risk being lost or delayed in the system for an unknown period of time...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Why even post this, you know your priorities. After five years of dealing with the USCIS, our first priority was to get them off of our backs so we could live a free and normal life only dealing with the IRS, DNR, EPA, and other government agencies. If my wife's oath ceremony was scheduled in Timbuktu at 3:00 AM in the morning, we would have been there.

We have considered quitting our jobs and going on welfare to get the IRS off our backs but still have this need to buy stuff that we don't need and gives us nothing but problems.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
Why even post this, you know your priorities. After five years of dealing with the USCIS, our first priority was to get them off of our backs so we could live a free and normal life only dealing with the IRS, DNR, EPA, and other government agencies. If my wife's oath ceremony was scheduled in Timbuktu at 3:00 AM in the morning, we would have been there.

We have considered quitting our jobs and going on welfare to get the IRS off our backs but still have this need to buy stuff that we don't need and gives us nothing but problems.

You are so right...... I just can't believe how anyone would consider to reschedule the oath ceremony for a BABY SHOWER! I'm sorry this is just too funny.... :lol:

You are so right...... I just can't believe how anyone would consider to reschedule the oath ceremony for a BABY SHOWER! I'm sorry this is just too funny.... :lol:

Well... everyone has their own priotities, so I'm not going to tell people what to do, I'm just going to say what I would do. I'd think changing flights and reschedule the baby shower are easier than rescheduling the oath ceremony date, plus the oath letter said no more spot for this year. It's really up to the OP's decision.

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.