32 posts in this topic

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It is amazing how many foreign spouses misunderstand the K3 and don't realize you still have to AOS. They run off into the night thinking they have a green card visa. I don't get it. You have two years to apply for AOS after you arrive on the K3 and for that reason I think any USC who has even the smallest bit of doubt needs to use the K3 rather than the CRS-1, etc.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Anything like "walk like an Egyptian"?! :blush:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks for all the information. He told me he would take care of the divorce when he returns to Egypt, but I would like to see if I can persue it here to get it done with. Last I knew he was in Texas. We parted in good terms, no bad feelings. We never filed for AOS, and I have spoken to immigration, homeland security, you name it. His work permit has expired and his visa expires in January 2007. Immigration told me he is legal in the usa whether we divorce or not until his visa expires. So I am not pursueing the divorce just to have him deported, I just want a divorce to move on. He has said he would return to Egypt this summer. I don't feel there will be a need for deportation process because his only purpose of staying is to earn money before returning. He has no father and is responsible for his mother and sister.

Filed: Timeline
File a suit in your state using the last known address, if you have it. A plaintiff can secure a default judgment if the defending party fails to answer the complaint. The onus is on the plaintiff to make "service of process" upon the defendant. Typically, although the rules may vary from state to state, the Court cannot proceed in a case until the defendant has been made aware of the claim. These documents give the defendant notice that a lawsuit has been filed and what the plaintiff is seeking. "Service" can be made by public notice. In the event that no last address is available, the court may permit "service by publication." The lawsuit is announced by publishing it in a newspaper of general circulation, but essentially, this type of service is only allowed in cases involving property and status, such as a divorce where only matters related to the division of property need to be addressed. If there are custody or support issues to be resolved, those cannot be decided until and unless personal service occurs.

Can the "serve by notification" process be used in an annulment case claiming immigration marriage fraud and abandonment, with no properties, assets, support, status or custody issues involved in the matter?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
How can he earn money if his work permit is expired?

A joke?

10m plus seem to manage quite well.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 11 months later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thanks for all the information. He told me he would take care of the divorce when he returns to Egypt, but I would like to see if I can persue it here to get it done with. Last I knew he was in Texas. We parted in good terms, no bad feelings. We never filed for AOS, and I have spoken to immigration, homeland security, you name it. His work permit has expired and his visa expires in January 2007. Immigration told me he is legal in the usa whether we divorce or not until his visa expires. So I am not pursueing the divorce just to have him deported, I just want a divorce to move on. He has said he would return to Egypt this summer. I don't feel there will be a need for deportation process because his only purpose of staying is to earn money before returning. He has no father and is responsible for his mother and sister.

since you live here, file for the divirce here so later if you want to get married this marriage wont be an issue.

chi

Edited by chiquita

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I need some answers on how to divorce. I was married to a Egyptian in Cairo, Egypt. Now he is in the USA on a K3 visa. (which expires Jan 2007) I have not seen him since July 2005 and have no clue where he might be. I want to complete a divorce but not sure what steps to take because the marriage took place in Egypt. Anyone with information will be most helpful.

basicly you have to go to the county court house in your city to divorce. it would proble be uncontested depending on the laws in your state. one thing you will have to do is inform your husband that your divorcing.

shon.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

No. There are about a dozen steps before deportation. Roughly, first he could apply for AOS anyway, then that would be denied, then he would fall out of status, then they would notify him he was out of status, then he would have the opportunity to correct status, then that would be denied, then he would appeal, then he would have a hearing, then they would ask him to leave voluntarily, then he would appeal that, then they would enter a deportation order, then they would ask him to turn himself in, then if he didn't they'd put a hold on him, and then if he ever got arrested he'd be transferred to ICE custody and physically deported. All that assumes that everything goes against him at every stage of the proceeding.

It's not that easy to deport someone who's out walking free.

Bad thing......they should get his as*

Maria

Yeah, too bad we have that thing called the Constitution that guarantees due process...

^5

Bobbie & Klaus

2/23/07 Mailed Package to TSC (G-325A & I-125)

2-25-07 Online PO shows package delivered

3-06-07 NOA on I-129

3-12-07 Touched (I think)

6-8-07 Touched appropriately!

#######? Why did this fossil get Resurrected?

yeah I dont get how people browse sometimes and why they dont check the dates before posting.... :bonk:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

History buffs, I guess.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.