adam1

For those who are waiting for there lovers to come!!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm having a hard time finding something to do in my free time. I work from 7AM to 3:45 PM as soon as I live work I go to work out for an our than call my wife for an hour or two, thats it. I get boored in the weekend and when I go out with friends I don't feel good about it. like last weekend I went to Myrtle beach for spring break with a lot off college student I enjoyed my time but I felt bad because she wasn't with me. since I got married Everything that I do, I Don't enjoy anymore.

lets share our experiences while we are waiting for our lovers to come to the US.

Open for suggestion from experienced people.

I'm having a hard time finding something to do in my free time. I work from 7AM to 3:45 PM as soon as I live work I go to work out for an our than call my wife for an hour or two, thats it. I get boored in the weekend and when I go out with friends I don't feel good about it. like last weekend I went to Myrtle beach for spring break with a lot off college student I enjoyed my time but I felt bad because she wasn't with me. since I got married Everything that I do, I Don't enjoy anymore.

lets share our experiences while we are waiting for our lovers to come to the US.

I cry alot. I try to find things to do around the house, this weekend is my savior, Im doing yard work!!! I started taking a self defense course, and box on punching bag 2 or 3 times a week , helps with frustration of this process and the problems that go with it. I have a good next door neightbor I've know for 15 years, his daughter is 19 and thinks of me as her mom, we are close, we get pedicures every other Saturday together, then go for lunch, it helps to get out and hear problems of a teenager. later in the evening we BBQ and just chit chat with other neighbors, LOL

But now my husband may have to return to Algeria due to he has not received new residency card in France, we will know by April 28th if it comes or not, and that is truly upsetting me, Im afraid. So I will dive into yard work, and punching bag extra this weekend to keep myself busy. God bless, I pray we are all happy once again united with our loved ones soon.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi,

I am waiting for my husband since September.

Workout every day...

Missed my vacation time, because no fun go without him.

We are on a video chat all the time when I am out of work.

We are using gmail video, same like Skype.com.

Feeling like we are together!

Svetlana.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

We spend a lot of time on Skype, 6 hours every working day and around 2 hours at weekends + lots of phone calls. Also, we make crossword puzzles with hidden sentences for each other; write e-mails, letters, send SMS .... We use all that Internet can give us, and we still miss each other like crazy :(

N-400: filled online on May 8th, 2021

Biometric Reuse Notice: May 8th, 2021
Interview: May 10th, 2022 - Interview De-Scheduled

Interview rescheduled on May 11th, 2022

New Interview: Jun 27th, 2022 - Approved 🥳

Oath Ceremony: July 14th, 2022

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

7 - 345? do u work in a hospital?

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

Oct. 27, 2007...my beautiful son is born

USCIS IR-1/CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Feb. 05, 2009: I 130 sent

Feb. 12, 2009: NAO1

Feb. 17, 2009: first touch

Feb. 18, 2009: Touch

May 01, 2009: Touch and NAO2 mailed...yeah hey!

May 08, 2009: NAO2 in the mail

NVC Journey

May 15, 2009: NVC case number

May 18, 2009: Gave email add to NVC

May 28, 2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 Bill

June 1, 2009: Paid I-864 Bill

June 5, 2009: sent AOS stuff

June 29, 2009: sent DS 230

June 28 - Aug. 8: i spent time with my boys in the philippines

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

CURRENTLY DOING: PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR MY SON'S PETITION!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I daydream a lot about how it will be when he's here. Where I'll take him and things we'll do. Depending on my mood, that's exciting or depressing because it is still at least a couple of months away. But we've waited YEARS already (I only got US citizenship in January), so I try to keep things in perspective.

I practice my cooking skills so he'll be surprised at a couple of Moroccan dishes I've mastered.

My job distracts me from much of my Monday-Friday melancholy. Just try to get through weekends.

We used to do a lot of webcam, but I find it too upsetting now.

I wait.

And wait.

And wait.

:unsure:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

7 - 345? do u work in a hospital?

I work at a research facility.

Timeline

I sleep...it's better than being awake feeling and thinking about it. I work in a job I hate, and sleep as much as I can. It's not healthy, but I can say this journey is ruining my health. I don't get time to spend with my husband that much, because of time difference. Sometimes we spend the whole weekend together on phone or skype and we end up like, what else is there to talk abt? It's not that were sick of eachother, its just how much can u say on the phone? Then were both depressed and back to our regular work schedules. I can honestly say, I have not positive outlook on the future right now :(

Edited by ABENITEZ

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Timeline

i sleep, i eat, i study and go to work, thats what my life is right now. i dont go out much, esp during the winter i just stayed home most of the time. i day dream almost always how it will be when my family will be here. i think where we will go and what we will do. i also think about when i will be visiting them again...i am also on the webcam and on yahoo always...i dont care how much my long distance bills come up to or if i have used up my minutes...i just want to keep in touch with them because its feels like being with them. i also hate it when my husband and i fight, i really do, i cant function and i get depressed...

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

NVC Journey

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Timeline
i sleep, i eat, i study and go to work, thats what my life is right now. i dont go out much, esp during the winter i just stayed home most of the time. i day dream almost always how it will be when my family will be here. i think where we will go and what we will do. i also think about when i will be visiting them again...i am also on the webcam and on yahoo always...i dont care how much my long distance bills come up to or if i have used up my minutes...i just want to keep in touch with them because its feels like being with them. i also hate it when my husband and i fight, i really do, i cant function and i get depressed...

Do you keep in touch with his family as well? His mom calls me like once a week, but she doesnt speak english so its kinda weird, just like how r u? I miss u, love u n thats it. Other than that I don't really talk to his family much, I'm thinking that will change soon though, I bet it feels better when u can talk to his family and not just him, it makes u feel more like ur not so alone I guess...

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Timeline

here is my daily routine..8 hours at work 8 hours sleep and 8 hours with my husband mostly online( monday through friday),,my husband stays up till 5 am pakistan time and thats my 8 pm ,,on my day off he wakes me up and drag me to the shower then breakfast,lunch ,dinner and all day with him,i put him on speakers of my pc while he can see me on cam i cook and do my work around the house while we talk on skype ,i mean it makes me feel he is around me in the house it goes on like this till i fall asleep ,he sleeps only day time so that he can be with me my evening when i come back from work,i see us very happy couple in future as we never get bord with eachother despite of spending so much time online or phone and this been going on for 5 years now

3/24/2006...got married

6/26/2006...I-130 sent to uscia

9/4/2007 ...I-130 aproved

9/4/2007....NVC recieved

8/4/2008...NVC completed

8/4/2008...case sent to USE/Islamabad

9/16/2008....interview date/put in AP

3/16/2009 .... 6 months of AP

4/16/2009.......7 months in AP

5/16/2009........8 months in AP

6/16/2009.........9 months in AP

6/15/2009.... visa issued

7/30/2009....visa in hand

POE 8/4/2009 Washington /dulles airport

8/28/2009....GC received/10 years validity

Well, I been in this long distance relationship since 2004, almost 5 years now. We started this visa process in May 2008, and now there's only a few months left before she is here. It was very tough to do anything before we got married, because her family was against it and I wasn't sure what was going to happen. Had a hard time working or doing anything else for almost 4 years, and would just think about the next time I would go back to see her. But after marriage and her family's acceptance, I was a lot more relaxed. Our I-130 took almost 8 months to be approved by USCIS, but that actually went by smoothly because we just got married and I was prepared for a long wait as is the case for many applicants from my country. But I got stressed again for about a month with my K3 as our embassy are runned by idiots who doesn't answer phones or respond to emails. Then decided to do CR1 instead, and dealt with a little more stress awaiting for our case to be completed.

Now that our case is complete, I'm relaxed once again, and I can almost feel its going to be over soon. But will definitely have more stress waiting for interview date, medical, interview appointment, POE, etc, etc.... I figured I would learn to better deal with the wait as time went on, but not really, it actually gets worse. Stopped going to the gym for about a year now and anytime I get stressed, I eat. My health has definitely detoriated, even have several grey hairs in my mid-20's. Try to talk to her on skype, cell, yahoo, webcam, bla blah, but nothing makes it real as seeing her face to face. Sleeping and work are the best time killers, but even going to sleep is tough and always distracted with other thoughts at work. Hanging with friends don't help, just make me feel bad watching them with their girlfirends.

Wish I was a bear so I can hibernate through this... would wake up and she would be here, then I can start my life again.... :(

Timeline

Do you keep in touch with his family as well? His mom calls me like once a week, but she doesnt speak english so its kinda weird, just like how r u? I miss u, love u n thats it. Other than that I don't really talk to his family much, I'm thinking that will change soon though, I bet it feels better when u can talk to his family and not just him, it makes u feel more like ur not so alone I guess...

my husband doesnt live in pakistan anymore...we met in the philippines and he lives with my parents and my son in the philippines...dont talk much to his family...his mom cant speak english and i hate to admit this but i dont think they really like me anyway...so i dont really interact with them much. when i talk to my husband and the topic of his family comes up, its always just, hows ur mom or hows ur dad or ur sister or brother...blah blah...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

NVC Journey

It's Friday night I am online. I am sure you all got the picture. Sitting here waiting for my wife to be online, and it's saturday morning in VN. I feel like she next to me, just sitting playing game. I don't want to go out, and this is hard for me just sitting waiting for this process to be done, and we will be with each other. This is so hard and tough. We been marry more than 1 year, and dating more than 3 years. Only couples more month my wife will be with me. I can't wait for that moment to be here, and I will show her around the town. As for now, don't want to do much, just trying to save up the money, starting a new family. :crying::crying::crying:

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I try to preoccupy my mind with something other than thoughts of him. For instance, today I rearranged the furniture in my living room! Although, it seems like thoughts of him never really leave my mind, so it doesn't really matter what I do. (Which is probably why I am always talking about him!!) I don't really feel like myself when we're apart, and nothing that used to be fun is truly fun when I can't share it with him. But, this too, shall pass. I'm so thankful our "visa journey" is almost over. I pray you all are reunited with your lovers soon, too.

Oh, and posting and reading posts on VJ helps abide the time, too!!! :yes::D

Catie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.