sj5

Messed up my friend's AOS schedule.

15 posts in this topic

My friend of mine Moore just received her AOS interview on May 11, 2009 but her husband will be in Kuwait to work as a civilian military. He may fly around first week of April 2009. So here is the scenario. My friend Moore called me up two days ago that she just received her AOS interview schedule. Long short story, I advice her to call the USCIS "what documents she will need on her interview if she come without her spouse." Or if she can reschedule earlier asap so her spouse can join her. I did mention about Visajourney.com too. Anyway, Moore called up USCIS and spoke to one of the USCIS representative about her AOS appointment. If she can reschedule. The Representative said, "The earliest interview is only May 11, 2009" She didn't get any reschedule, and the representative told her that they're going to call in 45 days. So, she insisted that 45 days its way too long to wait because her husband 'bout to leave soon. Moore didn't ask to reset her schedule then when she knew that only May 11, 2009 she can have. Today, I spoke to Moore with bad news from USCIS. She received Notification stating about delayed processing and no exact date when to reschedule her AOS. :crying:

She reside her in US for 17months.

Here is my question:

1.) What she needs to take with her on interview without her spouse?

2.) Is there anything she can do about this while her husband still here in US?

Edited by sj5

My friend of mine Moore just received her AOS interview on May 11, 2009 but her husband will be in Kuwait to work as a civilian military. He may fly around first week of April 2009. So here is the scenario. My friend Moore called me up two days ago that she just received her AOS interview schedule. Long short story, I advice her to call the USCIS "what documents she will need on her interview if she come without her spouse." Or if she can reschedule earlier asap so her spouse can join her. I did mention about Visajourney.com too. Anyway, Moore called up USCIS and spoke to one of the USCIS representative about her AOS appointment. If she can reschedule. The Representative said, "The earliest interview is only May 11, 2009" She didn't get any reschedule, and the representative told her that they're going to call in 45 days. So, she insisted that 45 days its way too long to wait because her husband 'bout to leave soon. Moore didn't ask to reset her schedule then when she knew that only May 11, 2009 she can have. Today, I spoke to Moore with bad news from USCIS. She received Notification stating about delayed processing and no exact date when to reschedule her AOS. :crying:

Here is my question:

You've been on VJ long enough to know the USCIS the information center can provide MISINFORMATION. She should get a Infopass and go talk to to a IO.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Here is my question:

You've been on VJ long enough to know the USCIS the information center can provide MISINFORMATION. She should get a Infopass and go talk to to a IO.

I told her about Infopass too.

Edited by sj5

Here is my question:

She should not go to the interview without her husband.

Not sure, depends on how busy the local office to your friends location is. She needs to schedule an INFOPASS(link on the USCIS webpage) appointment, take her interview letter and documentation that her husband will be out of town, and for how long. They may be able to re-schedule her for before her husband goes out of country or after.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Here is my question:

She should not go to the interview without her husband.

Not sure, depends on how busy the local office to your friends location is. She needs to schedule an INFOPASS(link on the USCIS webpage) appointment, take her interview letter and documentation that her husband will be out of town, and for how long. They may be able to re-schedule her for before her husband goes out of country or after.

Las Vegas USCIS.

I did told her that she needs her husband to be with her.

:crying:

Edited by sj5

Las Vegas USCIS.

Well then it is up to your friend to do what needs to be done; reschedule the appointment and attend the interview WITH her husband. No way around that. It is also in her best interest to schedule the INFOPASS appt quickly....shell have a better chance to maybe get an earlier interview, before the husband has to leave. If she cannot get an interview before the husband leaves, she'll have to wait until he gets back.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Dominica
Timeline
Las Vegas USCIS.

Well then it is up to your friend to do what needs to be done; reschedule the appointment and attend the interview WITH her husband. No way around that. It is also in her best interest to schedule the INFOPASS appt quickly....shell have a better chance to maybe get an earlier interview, before the husband has to leave. If she cannot get an interview before the husband leaves, she'll have to wait until he gets back.

pretty cut and dry!

*10/1/08 Married

*11/14/08 Mailed AOS package

*11/17/08 Package Received

*11/25/08 NOA1

*12/12/08 Biometrics

*12/31/08 Notice for Interview Received

* 1/22/09 EAD Card received

*2/19/09 AOS Interview >>Approved

*2/26/09 Welcome letter received

*3/5/09 Green Card received in the mail!!!

If I were her I wouldn't change my interview date. I would change my spouse's work schedule

instead. I always advise here that;

DO NOT TRY TO CHANGE YOUR AOS INTERVIEW DATE & ALSO YOUR ADDRESS DURING AOS PENDING !.....

Btw, you can not go to interview on your own without your spouse,

THIS IS NOT K-1 OR K-3 INTERVIEW AT THE EMBASSY !...

GOOD LUCK !........

HERE IS MY TIMELINE :

I-130 mailed 01/13/09

I-130 received by USCIS 01/16/09

NOA1 Mail for I-130 received 01/22/09

I-485 Package mailed 02/17/09

I-485 Package received by USCIS 02/20/09

NOA1 Mail for I-485 & I-765 received 02/26/09

NOA2 e-mail for I-130 Approval 03/03/09 (47 Days)

NOA2 Hard Copy of I-130 Approval received 03/07/09

Biometrics Done 03/24/09

STILL CAN'T SEE ON-LINE STATUS FOR AOS & EAD !.....

NOTE : I DID NOT APPLY FOR I-131 (AP).

Edited by Cino

"Patience is the key to the paradise (US Citizenship, in our case)"

If I were her I wouldn't change my interview date. I would change my spouse's work schedule

DO NOT TRY TO CHANGE YOUR AOS INTERVIEW DATE & ALSO YOUR ADDRESS DURING AOS PENDING !.....

GOOD LUCK !........

HERE IS MY TIMELINE :

I-130 mailed 01/13/09

Biometrics Done 03/24/09

She didn't reschedule. She was just asking if possible to reschedule earlier than May 11, 2009 so her husband can join her on interview. This is their situation. Her husband bought a ticket and waiting for his visa then fly around last of March or first week of April this year. This is where she gets frustrated. It's odd that they didn't assign date when they send notification. :blink:

I told her to read her AOS appointment letter. Believed what is written on it. She called up USCIS for a brief questions. Now, she is mess up.

Edited by sj5

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Is he in the military or work for the military?

**AOS**

12-13-2008 Wedding

01-26-2009 package sent (I-130, AOS, EAD)

02-04-2009 NOAs issued (I-130, I-485, I-765)

02-09-2009 NOAs received (I-130, I-485, I-765)

02-27-2009 Biometrics appointment

05-06-2009 AOS Interview APPROVED!!!! YAY!

05-11-2009 Welcome to the USA letter received

**ROC**

02-05-2011 ROC filed at California Service Center

02-11-2011 Received NOA (Dated 02-09-2011)

03-02-2011 Biometrics appointment

04-27-2011 ROC Approved

05-02-2011 10 years GC recieved

HWIkm8.png

1sRPp2.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

GOOD LUCK !........

HERE IS MY TIMELINE :

I-130 mailed 01/13/09

Biometrics Done 03/24/09

What is your basis for saying not to change address during AOS pending? They provide a form I-865 and AR-11 for the alien for a reason.

Edited by DavChels

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.23.08 - sent K1 packet

10.29.08 - NOA1

02.19.09 - NOA2 113 days, Igor's #226

04.13.09 - Interview, Visa in hand next day

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.09.09 - sent AOS,EAD,AP packet

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

06.24.09 - Biometrics done (3 weeks earlier than appt date)

07.03.09 - received RFE for I-693 (dated 6.29, responded 7.07)

07.23.09 - transferred to CSC (received letter 7.27)

07.29.09 - EAD Card Production Ordered & AP Approved

11.23.09 - AOS touched - card production ordered & welcome letter sent - 13 months exactly after initially applying for K-1!

12.03.09 - GC arrived in mail

Removal of Conditions Process

07.28.11 - received reminder letter from USCIS to remove conditions before 11.18.11

09.28.11 - mailed I-751 packet

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

08.01.12 - GC arrived in mail

Citizenship Process

12.16.16 - sent N400 packet

12.23.16 - NOA issued

01.27.17 - Biometrics done

02.01.17 - put in line for interview

03.15.17 - scheduled for an interview on 04.21.17, had to write a letter asking for a reschedule because we will be out of the country

03.31.17 - scheduled for an interview again

05.09.17 - Interview!

I will give you a short answer:

EARLIER DATE IS IMPOSSIBLE, OF COURSE YOU CAN SCHEDULE AT A LATER DATE, BUT

THE APPLICATION WILL BE SET BACK FOR A WHILE & ALSO YOU SHOULD

HAVE VERY REASONABLE EXCUSE TO RESCHEDULE. THIS IS NOT DOCTOR'S OFFICE !.....

GOOD LUCK !.....

HERE IS MY TIMELINE :

I-130 mailed 01/13/09

Biometrics Done 03/24/09

IT IS BASED ON MY EXPERIENCES, WHAT I HAVE SEEN & HEARD FROM OTHER PEOPLE.

WHEN YOU CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS BY USING "ADDRESS CHANGE" FORMS, THEY SOMETIMES DON'T UPDATE,

SO EVERTHING GOES TO OLD ADDRESS. I AM NOT SAYING IT WILL HAPPEN LIKE THIS, BUT THERE IS A BIG

PROBABILITY. DON'T FORGET USCIS IS NOT TOP OF EVERYTHING. EVEN IF YOU CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS, I WOULD

SUGGEST THAT YOU HAD BETTER CHECK YOUR MAIL AT THE OLD ADDRESS TOO !....

GGOD LUCK !...

HERE IS MY TIMELINE :

I-130 mailed 01/13/09

Biometrics Done 03/24/09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.