aniaskot

left US without advance parole and Green Card

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

HELLO

I am the wife of American citizen. I left the US without Advance Parole one week ago- the same day i got a call ( i have very sick mam ). I have been in the proces of Adjustment of Status.

I came on K1 visa , never stayed overtime .

What should I do to dont get my case of Adjustment of Status closed and come back ?

i have the date on finger prints 20.03 - tomorrow !! - Husband send back the letter ( Do they change the date just besed on that ? )

I was thinking, if my husband can apply for an Advance Parole and send it to me .

IS it possible they will not find out that i left and will give it to me ?

Please help me ! I don't want to lose my case , what is the way to come back ??

USCIS- 8 months !!

NVC Journey:

03-01-2010: DS-230 delivered to NVC.

03-04-2010: DS230 inputted into the AVR.

03-12-2010: AVR says "missing or incomplete information "- #30

03-15-2010: RFE response mailed out

03-17-2010: RFE response received by NVC

03-22-2010: RFE response inputted into the AVR

03-30-2010: AVR says " case is completed "

04-23-2010: Medicals

Interview Date- May 17th @ 8.45 ---- Approved

05-20-2010: Passport received

Ticket to LA - 5th Jun

----------------------------------------------------

Bio done - 04/06/2012

Your AOS case is considered abandoned once you leave the country without Advance Parole or a green card. It's too late to apply for Advance Parole, so your husband would not be able to apply for one for you in any case. You should now look at the process of applying for a K-3 visa and cancelling the pending AOS application.

USCIS TIMELINE

N400 (Citizenship Application):

Package sent: 02/17/2012

NOA Date: 02/21/2012

Your adjustment of status could very well be in jeopardy - leaving before obtaining at least the AP could result in USCIS considering you having abandoned the adjustment of status.

Applying for AP after the fact may not have good results (all they have to do is compare the date-issued and your departure date).

Filed: Timeline

You have made a very BIG mistake in leaving the US without the AP or the Greencard. You will not be allowed to re-enter the US at any POE as you do not have a valid visa or a AP or a Greencard.

Your AOS is now abandoned and there is nothing to cancel.

Your Husband needs to file a I-130 for you and do the CR1 visa to allow you to re-enter the US. I hope you have somewhere to stay for the next 8 -12 months that it is going to take you to get a visa to return.

For other who read this. IF YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY BACK HOME, GO TO YOUR LOCAL USCIS OFFICE WITH EVIDENCE OF THE EMERGENCY AND THEY CAN ISSUE YOU WITH AN EMERGENCY AP ON THE SAME DAY.

Filed: Timeline
Your adjustment of status could very well be in jeopardy - leaving before obtaining at least the AP could result in USCIS considering you having abandoned the adjustment of status.

Applying for AP after the fact may not have good results (all they have to do is compare the date-issued and your departure date).

Applying after the fact will not allow you to enter the US. If you arrive at the POE with a AP and your foreign passport they are going to see that you left the US before you even had the AP and you will be denied.

Caution

Due to recent changes to U.S. immigration law, travel outside of the United States may have severe consequences for aliens who are in the process of adjusting their status. In general, individuals who seek immigrant status or who are already legal permanent residents, and who depart the United States without the appropriate documentation, may be inadmissible to the United States. In addition, their applications may be denied if they do not have the proper travel documents or if they are otherwise inadmissible.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Dominica
Timeline

Applying after the fact will not allow you to enter the US. If you arrive at the POE with a AP and your foreign passport they are going to see that you left the US before you even had the AP and you will be denied.

Caution

Due to recent changes to U.S. immigration law, travel outside of the United States may have severe consequences for aliens who are in the process of adjusting their status. In general, individuals who seek immigrant status or who are already legal permanent residents, and who depart the United States without the appropriate documentation, may be inadmissible to the United States. In addition, their applications may be denied if they do not have the proper travel documents or if they are otherwise inadmissible.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

what a waste of 1300$

*10/1/08 Married

*11/14/08 Mailed AOS package

*11/17/08 Package Received

*11/25/08 NOA1

*12/12/08 Biometrics

*12/31/08 Notice for Interview Received

* 1/22/09 EAD Card received

*2/19/09 AOS Interview >>Approved

*2/26/09 Welcome letter received

*3/5/09 Green Card received in the mail!!!

Have your hubby call your senator and see what they can do. Not much else you can do that I know of. Trying to get a I-131 now and having it mailed to you may be a mistake. If they catch you there may be bans. I don't know.

To me it's a joke for K1s to have to have AP when other visas don't. That's the way it is tho.

I'm not going to scold you for doing such a stupid thing. I imagine you are kicking yourself in the butte enough.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Have your hubby call your senator and see what they can do. Not much else you can do that I know of. Trying to get a I-131 now and having it mailed to you may be a mistake. If they catch you there may be bans. I don't know.

To me it's a joke for K1s to have to have AP when other visas don't. That's the way it is tho.

I'm not going to scold you for doing such a stupid thing. I imagine you are kicking yourself in the butte enough.

K-1's are a one-time use visa, others are not.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

True and something should be changed as K1s are in deep da kine for a couple months after arrival as they can't leave and return without getting in trouble when there are emergencies. Not fair. What's the reasoning?

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Dominica
Timeline

True and something should be changed as K1s are in deep da kine for a couple months after arrival as they can't leave and return without getting in trouble when there are emergencies. Not fair. What's the reasoning?

need i say immigration reform? but im guessing the 'higher-ups have more important things to worry about

*10/1/08 Married

*11/14/08 Mailed AOS package

*11/17/08 Package Received

*11/25/08 NOA1

*12/12/08 Biometrics

*12/31/08 Notice for Interview Received

* 1/22/09 EAD Card received

*2/19/09 AOS Interview >>Approved

*2/26/09 Welcome letter received

*3/5/09 Green Card received in the mail!!!

Because they (the K-1 people) coming in are here to marry one particular person, their sponsor. So in reality, they should only need a "one-time" entry visa.

If they made it "multi-pass", then the floodgates for illegal immigration would open more. The beneficiary would come here, skip the sponsor, then marry someone else or leave and come back later...

You can leave in an emergency. Says so in the I-131 instructions, you just make an info pass appointment, and stress the emergency, and most likely they will give it to you that same day.

In fact, if you read the instructions for the AP, it was meant to only be used for emergencies.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Because they (the K-1 people) coming in are here to marry one particular person, their sponsor. So in reality, they should only need a "one-time" entry visa.

If they made it "multi-pass", then the floodgates for illegal immigration would open more. The beneficiary would come here, skip the sponsor, then marry someone else or leave and come back later...

You can leave in an emergency. Says so in the I-131 instructions, you just make an info pass appointment, and stress the emergency, and most likely they will give it to you that same day.

In fact, if you read the instructions for the AP, it was meant to only be used for emergencies.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.