Bocajr27

Expedited Process

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hello;

If anyone reading this has recieved an Expedited Process on their I-130 due to a Medical Emergency, can you please advise what your timeframe was like?

Thanks

Does anyone have a responce? Has anyone been granted an Expedited Process? Please advise what your timeframe was like.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

described what the medical emergency is and you will get more responses

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Basically unless its life or death situation, most likely a expedite will not be granted. And better be prepared with letter from a doctor stating such emergency.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Basically unless its life or death situation, most likely a expedite will not be granted. And better be prepared with letter from a doctor stating such emergency.

Generally the medical emergency needs to impact the US Citizen. Your question really isn't clear but also successful expedites are rarely reported here.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Generally the medical emergency needs to impact the US Citizen. Your question really isn't clear but also successful expedites are rarely reported here.

I'm sorry if my question seams unclear but it stems from an earlier question I posted, to which I received some advice on this Forum. The questions was as follows;

Hello All;

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. My wife and I were married in Miami, where I reside. At the time she was applying for political asylum which unfortunately was denied. We have a son that just turned 1 and was born in South Florida. When her asylum Hearing was denied in mid October, we were advised that she return to her country (Colombia) while I fill out all the necessary paperwork (I-130) to bring her back to the states. In November I was able to find a decent apartment in Bogotá, in a safe neighborhood where I wouldn't have to worry (as much) about their safety. In February we filled out all the paper work and sent it to Chicago where a week later we received word that the I-130 was received and was being processed by the Vermont Office.

We decided that our son would stay with her so that she can tend to him full time, instead of him being with me back in Miami, where I would have to spend more money on Daycare. My son was diagnosed with Bronchialitis since he was 3 months old. We have had him hospitalized in Miami twice due to this, and we have already been to the Emergency Room in Bogotá on a couple of occasions while I was visiting. The last visit to the emergency room was not pleasant as the doctors there told us he has contracted Pneumonia.

So here's my question. My wife and I want to know if there's anything we can do to speed this process up due to my son’s condition. The weather in Bogotá in crazy. It can be 50 degrees F. at 8:00am and 76 degrees F. an hour later. This is not good for his condition and needless to say that the pollution level in this country is awful which will only worsen his condition in the long run.

Now, I know what most people will say. If I'm so concerned, why don't I bring him back to Miami with me? Well the answer is a little complicated but easy to understand. If I were to bring him back now, I would have to place him in Day Care where he runs the risk of definitely taking a turn for the worst. If that happens I would have to miss work for god only knows how long. Being that I'm the only source of income for this family, this would financially destroy us. Not only do I have to respond for all of my financial responsibilities back in Miami, but I also have to maintain and support my family in Bogota while we go through this process. I don't have anyone other than my wife to help me take care of my child. Both my parents work and with this economy, there's no chance I can have either of them stop working to help me with my son.

I would appreciate if anyone can give me some advise as to how I can have this process sped up due to my sons condition.

I've already requested the Expedited Procedures and have NOT recived a negative responce as of yet which is a good sign. What I'm wondering is if anyone out there reading this forum has had an Expedited Process and if so, please let me know your timeline.Thank You

Edited by Bocajr27

Timeline

I'm assuming by your responce that you requested an Expedited Process based on a Medical Emergency, Right?

Timeline

Forget about what the emergency is. That wasn't my question. My question is If anyone has had their process Expedited based on a Medical Emergency, please be kind enough to advise me on your time line.

Thank you.

i'm in expedite process we filed I-130 Nov last year and i will have my interview on april 15th next month so 5 months in processing :)

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

I'm assuming by your responce that you requested an Expedited Process based on a Medical Emergency, Right?

No not at all. I've seen and read many posting here on VJ thru the year.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Timeline

Your request to expidite based on medical emergancy is likely to fail for the very reason that the person who is ill is a USC and there is nothing to stop him from returning to the US.

It is of no concern to USCIS who you would have care for him if he was to return. The fact that his mother would have to remain outside the US again is not there issue, her visa application will be delt with in due course.

Do your son a favour and bring him back to the US where he can be treated and deal with the financial issues as they come along. Your 1st priority has to be your sons well being.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Your request to expidite based on medical emergancy is likely to fail for the very reason that the person who is ill is a USC and there is nothing to stop him from returning to the US.

It is of no concern to USCIS who you would have care for him if he was to return. The fact that his mother would have to remain outside the US again is not there issue, her visa application will be delt with in due course.

Do your son a favour and bring him back to the US where he can be treated and deal with the financial issues as they come along. Your 1st priority has to be your sons well being.

I concur completely. If there is a medical emergency for a US Citizen's treatment stateside, go get your son. This is not an immigration issue.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Good luck with this, they seem to be a bit prudent about doing this...I just got a letter today, was rejected for my request to expedite my case :( :( ^$#^#$%%*%$

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Timeline

I'm well aware of what my priorities are. And as I stated in my previous entry, I can not stop working to take care of my son since I am the only source of income for this family.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.