SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Finland
Timeline

Eipä ole esteitä ei... Eli meillä olisi nyt sitten vajaa kaksi vuotta aikaa päättää mentäisiinkö naimisiin. Ja se kyllä riittää mulle :). Jos ei siinä ajassa tiedä niin ei sitten myöhemminkään (oltaisiin siinä vaiheessa tunnettu jo kuusi vuotta). Dänks taas kerran ja katsotaan kuinka meidän oikein käy :).

6408 kilometres.

Anyone out there who's recently dealt with the Consulate in Stockholm?

We are curious about Packet 3, esp which police certificates they require.

Some consulates want PCs from every country the benefactor has lived since they were 16 for

a) more then 6 months

or

B) more than 12 months

which one is it?

Kiitos & Tack!

:pop:

Some consulates want PCs from every country the benefactor has lived since they were 16 for

a) more then 6 months

or

B) more than 12 months

which one is it?

Kiitos & Tack!

That's a very good question. I will do some research :thumbs:

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

03-07-07 Anette arrived in San Diego on a K-1 Visa

04-04-07 Married in Las Vegas

lovebirds.gif

AOS

06-01-07 Mailed AOS/AP to NBC

06-12-07 Recieved NOA by mail for AOS

07-10-07 Biometric appointment for AOS

08-03-07 AOS touched after they recieved RFE

08-14-07 Approval notice on AP is sent

08-18-07 Approval notice on AP recieved

09-07-07 Recieved Interview date by mail

10-23-07 AOS Interview / Approved

10-24-07 Card production ordered

10-29-07 Welcome Letter recieved

11-02-07 Greencard recieved

Remove Condition

08-05-09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

08-10-09 NOA1 Receipt date

08-15-09 Recieved NOA1 by mail

08-20-09 Recieved BIO date by mail

09-04-09 Biometric Appointment

09-08-09 Touch

11-25-09 Card production ordered

12-03-09 Approval Letter recieved

12-04-09 Greencard recieved

a) more then 6 months

or

B) more than 12 months

which one is it?

Kiitos & Tack!

That's a very good question. I will do some research :thumbs:

Ok I found this on a website.

Police certificates are required from every visa applicant aged 16 years or over for each locality of the country of the applicant�s nationality or current residence where the applicant has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year.

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

lovebirds.gif

AOS

Remove Condition

09-08-09 Touch

So if lived in a foreign country it's 12 month :)

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

lovebirds.gif

AOS

Remove Condition

09-08-09 Touch

So if lived in a foreign country it's 12 month :)

Thanks. I've seen the same info on some embassy websites, while others appear to stress 6 months residency for all certificates and others still have no info at all.

Something tells me that each embassy has some leeway here. But I hope you're right!

Filed: Timeline

Hello everybody!

It is the first time i am posting here, so i wonder how it will come out.

I have a concern, indeed, my case is kind of complicated and i am getting confused.

Point is, I was born in Mexico and lived there for many years, I am Swiss citizen due my father, but I live in Sweden. Applied for the K1 as Swiss.

It is regarding the police document that may be asked. Since I have been living in Mexico much after I was 16 years old and couple of years here in Sweden, it means they will require one from the Swedish and another from Mexican police?

Then, I live in Malmö, will I be asked to go to Stockholm for the interview? I mean Copenhagen is just across the Öresund!

How is it about the medical tests that may be required, does any one knows? Here in Sweden we have all medical records in the clinic where we live. Or are we send to a specific doctor?

Please if someone could help me with some of information, I am quite confused and it is already about 120 days since we got the NOA 1, so, soon the rest will come and i feel kind of lost with all that.

Thanks!

Luciana

Hi Luciana

It comes fine out for you here :thumbs:

Hello everybody!

It is the first time i am posting here, so i wonder how it will come out.

I have a concern, indeed, my case is kind of complicated and i am getting confused.

Point is, I was born in Mexico and lived there for many years, I am Swiss citizen due my father, but I live in Sweden. Applied for the K1 as Swiss.

It is regarding the police document that may be asked. Since I have been living in Mexico much after I was 16 years old and couple of years here in Sweden, it means they will require one from the Swedish and another from Mexican police?

Yes

Then, I live in Malmö, will I be asked to go to Stockholm for the interview? I mean Copenhagen is just across the Öresund!

I am not sure if it's Stockholm or Copenhagen

How is it about the medical tests that may be required, does any one knows? Here in Sweden we have all medical records in the clinic where we live. Or are we send to a specific doctor?

The test needs to be taken at some of their doctors. But you will with your package from the embassy recieve papers about this.

Please if someone could help me with some of information, I am quite confused and it is already about 120 days since we got the NOA 1, so, soon the rest will come and i feel kind of lost with all that.

Thanks!

Luciana

Is the NOA from your F-129 application?

Anette

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

lovebirds.gif

AOS

Remove Condition

09-08-09 Touch

Hej Anette, tack ska du ha!

Bad news for me and I wonder how I will get the Mexican police document, huh , I asked today and seems I have to go to Mexico, it sounds so illogical really. Still have to investigate more, now I am in a Mexican forum too, but doesn't helps too much since I am not applying as Mexican and i am not there.

Yes it is the F-129 fiance alien petition, just the beginning.

I will see what will come, even though i am costumed to fix all to avoid non gratas surprises, but in this case seems that... i cant do anything. It makes me think that I may attend Yoga class to relax lol

Any ways, whatever someone knows or can inform how it goes about the interviews and how long it takes since from they tell you until you go to attend the interview, that would be so kind.

Luciana

Luciana

välkommen!

Re: changing consulates, from Stockholm to Copenhagen in your case, might be possible even if you are a Swedish resident. People change consulates all the time due to changed circumstance, but usually because they move.

See this thread

I am assuming you put Stockholm for question 20 on the I-129F. The NOTE after that question reads:

"Designation of a U.S. embassy or consulate outside the country of your fiancé(e)'s last residence does not guarantee

acceptance for processing by that foreign post. Acceptance is at the discretion of the designated embassy or consulate."

Translation (I think): you could have asked for Copenhagen, and still can. It is then up to the Embassy in Copenhagen whether to accept processing your case.

Personal anecdote: Friends of mine filed for Direct Consular Processing (already married) at the Embassy in Copenhagen. The visa was then processed in Stockholm since the benefactor lived in Sweden. I am not sure if they tried to change that. However, the two embassies are used to dealing with each other.

So read the thread above and try calling the Embassy in Stockholm, they are very helpful. It might be too early, ie you have not been approved yet so NVC does not have your file yet etc.

As for police certificates: they can be quite a hassle. I checked the State Department Reciprocity Document Finder and there was exactly nothing on police certificates in Mexico. So I am sure there´s more info in the Mexico forum.

Good luck :thumbs:

Hi Johnnie!

You are right, I may be to early to begin moving consulates and I am afraid that it may delay my files. I will check when the time comes and they assure me it doesn't take longer, then i will do it, otherwise... I better go to Stockholm.

You assume right, i put Stockholm in the I/129 F

Thank you so much for sending me the links where i can read what is going on regarding the police certificated. I also got a link where it says there is no police certificated for certain countries, includes Mexico, since Mexican police, do not have records of peoples residence. So I was a little confuse, because... is it regarding regarding residence? I thought it was to prove I am not a criminal. I send you the link, so whenever you have time, would you be so kind to give it a read?, point is that I may understand one way and if someone else read it, well may have other point of view.

Here the link and please let me know what you understand of it. http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwfdsl1083_e.pdf

That link is from the US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez Mexico.

Luciana

I didn't think that Finland was in Scananavia............

And this is a problem for you because...??? I don't see how your comment is relevant. I could have started this thread for people from the Nordic countries but Scandinavia is a more familiar word for many people. Anyone from Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Iceland is more than welcome to come and join the discussion in either English or any of the native languages spoken in those 5 countries. I figured it'd be nice to have a "meeting place" for people from the Nordic countries, their (future) spouses and perhaps a few visitors, as well.

3dflags_fin0001-0001a.gifSanna and Daniel's journey3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

December 13, 2007 - I-751 submitted to NSC (removing of conditions fun begins...)

December 22 - Received a rejection notice because the form was not "properly signed". Package itself was not returned.

January 1, 2008 - Received packet back from CSC. They are requesting we resubmit the packet (which is already organized by CSC) with a properly signed form.

January 2 - Packet resubmitted to California.

January 12 - NOA1 received (dated 01/07/2008)

January 19 - Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 01/15/2008)

February 1 - Biometrics

March 11 - Approved! Card production ordered (notified via e-mail).

March 20, 2008 - New card arrived in the mail :)

Done until 2018 :)

For more details including K1 and AOS journies check out "Our story" in my profile =)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.