July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm at $15 o_o But the starting at my store is $9. I work for Indigo Books, Coles/Chapters/Indigo. And trust me, I'm looking for something better, it's just such a pain finding a job in the recession.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The next job I get, I am making no mention that I am Canadian because to be honest I am sick of the Canadian jokes at work and the ignorance that come from some peoples mouths about Canada. These two women at work are just IGNORANT... they're rude, they're loud and they're just ignorant.

I have been dwelling all weekend about things said on Friday and I hate dwelling.

I have just never met people who could be so openly rude and ignorant is all. They like compliment one another, these two people. I feel sorry for them because they just seem so stuck in a box, and they're not willing to change the way they think or open their minds. They think what they think and they're content with thinking that way. Things like that just make me pity them.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Sprail, that's my plan actually. I don't plan to tell ANYONE that I'm an immigrant once I move down to the US. I'll just bull5shit that I'm from Las Vegas, Nevada (where the husband is from) and they'll never have to know. :innocent:

You should bring some maple syrup to work, and pour it all over the said ignorant ladies. :)

dev356pr___.png

Timeline

or you could have fun with them and start making some really outrageous comments - about how it is so warm in Canada this summer that the igloos are melting, or that your parent's dog team got sick and they can't travel - or your grandparents are now so old that it will be their time soon to go off on the icefloats to die . . . You could really milk it!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I've actually told someone that we live in igloos and the only form of liquid that we can ingest is maple syrup and that we ride polar bears to work. And it snows every day, and that most Canadians have never seen a shed of grass.

dev356pr___.png

Timeline

Things Canadians are proud of...

* Smarties.

* Crispy Crunch.

* Coffee Crisp.

* The footballs and fields are bigger, and we have one less Down.

* Lacrosse is Canadian.

* Hockey is Canadian.

* Basketball is Canadian.

* The biggest flags ever seen/flown at any Olympics were Canadian... The second time it was smuggled in because they made a rule against it cause of the first time.

* Mr. Dress-up can kick Mr. Rogers @ss.

* Much Music kicks MTV's @ss

* Maple syrup kicks Mrs. Butterworths @ss (...don't know about Aunt Jemima though).

* Tim Horton's kicks Dunkin Donuts @ss.

* Waaaay better beer commercials/contests and beer company give a ways. Example: the Molson Canadian House Party...where you get to keep the house. Trashed or not.

* In the war of 1812, we pushed the Americans so far back... passed their 'White House', burned it...and most of Washington. We got bored because they ran away so we came home and partied. Go figure.

* Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany.

* The largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war.

* The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American mercenary, who slept in and missed the whole thing... but showed up just in time to get caught.

* We knew plaid was cool far before Seattle caught on.

* The Hudson's Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earths surface and is still around as the worlds oldest company.

* The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.

* We still know what to do with all the parts of a buffalo.

* The Canadian Civil War was a bar fight that lasted a little over an hour.

* We don't marry our kin-folk.

* We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, the long distance and short wave radios that save countless lives each year. Oh yeah...and the handles on beer cases big enough to fit your hands with mitts on.

* We can hum the tune to 'Definition'.

* We all know that a scale that measures boiling water at 212 degrees and freezes at 32 is asinine.

* We've ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.

* We can out drink Americans in a heart beat!!

* Our elections take only one day.

:D

Edited by Ber + Ter

dev356pr___.png

Timeline
The next job I get, I am making no mention that I am Canadian because to be honest I am sick of the Canadian jokes at work and the ignorance that come from some peoples mouths about Canada. These two women at work are just IGNORANT... they're rude, they're loud and they're just ignorant.

I have been dwelling all weekend about things said on Friday and I hate dwelling.

I have just never met people who could be so openly rude and ignorant is all. They like compliment one another, these two people. I feel sorry for them because they just seem so stuck in a box, and they're not willing to change the way they think or open their minds. They think what they think and they're content with thinking that way. Things like that just make me pity them.

It isn't just the US - it's in Canada, too. I've had people tell me at work that they can't make American jokes anymore because of my working there. I've gotten nasty stares my way at my previous job because of it. You're not alone - it does suck.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline
What did they do/say, Nev?

It's just anytime I do something wrong they blame on me being Canadian and I know it's in fun but jokes can get old fast. And then I was asking about our dental plan and they said: "Its better than what you had in Canada..." and they started talking like they had no teeth and talking like that and asking if my family had teeth and stuff.

I mean I know they're joking, but it's just really annoying... it's going to boil over and I am going to flip out soon and say a few things I'll probably regret.

I would never ever make fun of someone like that ever! I don't understand where they get off saying the things they say is all. I can laugh too, I love to make fun of myself, but when it's all of the time it gets old.

They also make fun of me because I'm native... BUT that I can laugh at because they don't realize I am a lakes tribe and the jokes they make is about the Lenape and their customs and I have a little inner laugh once in a while about that. Like they ask me how much wampums I make and stuff. Um read a book... each tribe was different morons.

Bah I wish I worked downstairs in the financial office, they're nice and actually talk to one another like NORMAL humans beings.

The way they speak is just bully-like, their tones and they way they both laugh at each others lame jokes. I remember the one lady got offended because I told her that prior to moving here i knew nothing about NJ and she laughed at me and I asked her the capital of Ontario and she shut up right away.

I am just annoyed.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
What did they do/say, Nev?

It's just anytime I do something wrong they blame on me being Canadian and I know it's in fun but jokes can get old fast. And then I was asking about our dental plan and they said: "Its better than what you had in Canada..." and they started talking like they had no teeth and talking like that and asking if my family had teeth and stuff.

I mean I know they're joking, but it's just really annoying... it's going to boil over and I am going to flip out soon and say a few things I'll probably regret.

I would never ever make fun of someone like that ever! I don't understand where they get off saying the things they say is all. I can laugh too, I love to make fun of myself, but when it's all of the time it gets old.

They also make fun of me because I'm native... BUT that I can laugh at because they don't realize I am a lakes tribe and the jokes they make is about the Lenape and their customs and I have a little inner laugh once in a while about that. Like they ask me how much wampums I make and stuff. Um read a book... each tribe was different morons.

Bah I wish I worked downstairs in the financial office, they're nice and actually talk to one another like NORMAL humans beings.

The way they speak is just bully-like, their tones and they way they both laugh at each others lame jokes. I remember the one lady got offended because I told her that prior to moving here i knew nothing about NJ and she laughed at me and I asked her the capital of Ontario and she shut up right away.

I am just annoyed.

just remind them that the last time americans annoyed canadians, the white house got burned.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
I don't blame you for being annoyed. That sounds more brutish than funny. I'd let them know it's not appreciated before I totally lost my cool.

I agree. It doesn't even sound like it has anything to do with you being Canadian or Native - regardless I think they would just find something else to make fun of.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.