July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
My fiance forgot to lock his car and someone stole my new GPS! :ranting: I thought we lived in a nice quiet neighborhood?! Welcome to the USA Amanda, geez.

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :(

Last week, the notice to remove conditions arrives.... at the Mercer Island address :angry:

Infopass this morning... "uh oh... yup, we screwed up. Wait, I cannot alter the records from the Texas Service Center from here" (####### dude).... "oh wait. I put in a Service Request and they should respond in 5 days".... "uh, but would you mind sending the AR-11 again???" topped by "this happens all the time [giggle]"

What the heck?? :bonk:

Night at the museum 2 was really STUPID!!!!

There was a Night at the Museum part 1? :o I totally didn't know that. That's too bad. It looked like it was going to be good. I'll have to watch the first one, I guess.

iagree.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Speaking of movies...... we watched a really good one the other night..... National Treasure. Except it was on a regular channel so had at least an hour's worth of commercials. :angry:

Also saw Closing the Ring the other night too. It was good. The Irish kid was fantastic. The story was a bit disjointed, at times, but good nontheless. :thumbs:

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Speaking of movies...... we watched a really good one the other night..... National Treasure. Except it was on a regular channel so had at least an hour's worth of commercials. :angry:

Also saw Closing the Ring the other night too. It was good. The Irish kid was fantastic. The story was a bit disjointed, at times, but good nontheless. :thumbs:

there is a National Treasure 2 too ..lol it is pretty good too

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My fiance forgot to lock his car and someone stole my new GPS! :ranting: I thought we lived in a nice quiet neighborhood?! Welcome to the USA Amanda, geez.

happened to us too. hubby claims he always locks his car, but obv unless the gps decided to magically walk away.

I know right? My fiance kept saying, "I swear I locked the car, I swear I locked it!" and I'm like, darling, there are no signs of a break in and you have an alarm, it couldn't have been locked.

I learned to never leave my GPS in the car, even if just running in the store. Thieves will break the window to steal your GPS. Don't leave any valuables in sight actually, not just a GPS. No cell phone, Ipod, etc.

I know better now! I used to leave the GPS in my car all the time in Canada... half the time I left the doors unlocked, and I always parked on the street! It was never touched. The GPS was actually put in the center console out of sight, so someone obviously got into the car and went digging after they saw the GPS mount on the dash. Our own stupidity I suppose... but I'm still grumpy about it! :angry: With the wedding and AOS coming up, I'm not going to get a new one for a while... and now I have no idea where I'm going.

Timeline

My husband moved to Canada and had his car broken into and the stereo was stolen. It was quite funny actually because its something you'd expect from America but there we were in small town Canada.

He had an apartment just outside of Camden before moving up with me too, aka the highest crime ratio in the US and his car never got touched. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

My sister in law is quite aggrivating. She wanted to come and visit this summer, which I am all in favor for. Mel and her sister haven't been as close as they once were in a while, and I thought it would be a good idea. That is, until she stated that she was bringing her boyfriend too. This is irritating on two fronts. First, her boyfriend is very very immature. He's annoying and insecure, so he talks non-stop. I've never physically met him, just phone conversations and over the internet and already I can't stand him. The other issue is that her sister has turned into one of those girls who becomes all about her boyfriend and nothing else when they are around each other. She starts acting like him too. Mel told her that she didn't want him to come, her parents told her this too. But she is plodding ahead with this plan to bring him as well. I don't want to be the bad guy, but I guess i'm going to have to be the one who tells her.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
My sister in law is quite aggrivating. She wanted to come and visit this summer, which I am all in favor for. Mel and her sister haven't been as close as they once were in a while, and I thought it would be a good idea. That is, until she stated that she was bringing her boyfriend too. This is irritating on two fronts. First, her boyfriend is very very immature. He's annoying and insecure, so he talks non-stop. I've never physically met him, just phone conversations and over the internet and already I can't stand him. The other issue is that her sister has turned into one of those girls who becomes all about her boyfriend and nothing else when they are around each other. She starts acting like him too. Mel told her that she didn't want him to come, her parents told her this too. But she is plodding ahead with this plan to bring him as well. I don't want to be the bad guy, but I guess i'm going to have to be the one who tells her.

How long are they planning on visiting for?

Timeline

How long are they planning on visiting for?

She hasn't said. But, she has bought a new car, and doesn't get much vacation, so I can't imagine she'd stay that long.

Timeline

If it's not that long, maybe you can put up with the guy for a few days? It might be worth it on the family front, even if he's annoying.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
If it's not that long, maybe you can put up with the guy for a few days? It might be worth it on the family front, even if he's annoying.

LoL, I suppose you're right. It's kind of funny though. Her sister has this rose glasses view of Los Angeles. She thinks that we'll just be at the beach surfing and stuff. Think I might have to dig out my old surfboard. I haven't done it in years, but It really would be worth it just to see them attempt to surf sans lessons. :rofl:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

LoL, I suppose you're right. It's kind of funny though. Her sister has this rose glasses view of Los Angeles. She thinks that we'll just be at the beach surfing and stuff. Think I might have to dig out my old surfboard. I haven't done it in years, but It really would be worth it just to see them attempt to surf sans lessons. :rofl:

take him snipe hunting :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I am feeling really frazzled today. Like I wish I were in roller derby or something so I can legally crack some skulls.

Okay I am totally kidding but its just been one of those days. :(

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.