July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My husband feels guilt and I try to tell him its not about him, but he does get frustrated with me because he knows that I want this but doesn't understand why I get so sad about my family. Nothing could've prepared me for this, so I don't know what to tell you. What I can say now is that you just have to give it time. I had one major blowout after our honeymoon and after that I felt a lot better. I still get a bit teary when I talk to my Mom or Dad on the phone, but it's getting easier and I'm starting to get used to it here.

I guess the one thing I regret is that I feel like I really took my relationship with my Mom and Dad for granted. Try to enjoy your time with everyone now while you can.

So many people think it won't get them and it does! I don't think any one can be saved from these feelings. I think it's just a part of the process.

I had the same regrets. Many probably do. You don't know what you've got till it's gone.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I actually think reading VJ homesick posts well before I moved made me appreciate what I had.... and I took advantage of it before I moved. Made every opportunity to bond with my Mom, spend time with my sister, grab a coffee with friends, as I knew it was coming to an end and would never be the same. When I look back, I don't have any regrets really that I should have spent more time with so and so, because I did the best I could. It was definitely hard leaving, but having a supportive family means everything to me. As my Mom says, I raised you and then let you go! It's not her place to hold me back, she is there to push me forward.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

I bloody well HATE Cisco's online support contract creation tools!!!! Practically every time I need to use it, I want to find the idiots that designed the thing and slap them.

I would stop doing these quotes for my old workplace in Bermuda but I need the little bit of money I get from it.

~ Catherine

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Damn you verizon!! So initially we were to get Verizon FIOS (cable, tv and phone) installed this past Tuesday! tech shows up 2.5 hrs LATE (window as from 0800-noon) he says "ya, thought it was a condo, I dont do condos!!!!, another tech wil have to do it!!!" ok fine!! I'm an easy going guy! So another tech shows up and is like "why wouldn't the last guy do it????" Dont ask me, you guys are the "experts" So he states, I can come back tomorrow and do it. fine!! So he shows up on time! I start askign questions, and he is like, "that doesn't matter to you,as your not getting phone service!" YES I AM!!! blank look over his face! but states he can still do it! Then we start talking about TV in our bedroom and office, which requires a convertor box, WHICH he doesnt have!! So he calls up someone else to bring them over to my place!! It just seemed to be 1 thing after another! Wasn't the techs fault, it was the person who took my order! Not very good customer service at all! But soo far soo good! Still have some tinkering to do with my TIVO HD box--the FIOS comes in too strong, so one has to fool around with attaching attenuators to the back of the TIVO HD box!! can't live without my TIVO,lol They had (maybe stil do) a great deal on the TIVO HD--$500 included the unit and lifetime service!

Off to Middletown (NEWPORT) RI tomorrow. Depart around 2100, that way no traffic!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Uggghhh I hate Verizon. Have had so many problems with them since we signed up. Also have the triple play, our DVR costs $15.99 per month but the first year was free. Anyway we couldn't get a box in the bedroom for some reason, they couldn't do it so stupid. So we only have one telly which is fine with me anyway

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Their Customer service people sound sooo nice--but yet screw things up,lol ya, they wanted like $16 a month for their DVR. Love TIVO, so decided to go with the HD model . Guess will attach the TIVO 2 to 1 of the other TVS! A customer service rep was suppose to call back yesterday, because of the terrible service, but guess what, she didnt,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

grrrrrr.. :angry: mine rant/vent

so I get back from errands etc.. and I go to park the car on the street and I was like yay there is a nice big spot right in front of our building.. big enough for at least 2 cars... there are also kids on the street playing baseball, which is fine, they all stopped and moved when I pulled up but then I noticed some people sitting on the curb in the middle of the open parking spot... I put my blinkers on thinking they would get the hint and start pulling in but they just sat there and looked at me... so I pull in and want to back up so I can straighten out and they still haven't moved and they then tell me that I have enough room... but I say, "could you please move I don't want to hit you"... so they finally moved.. a whole foot :rolleyes:.. so I slowly back up but I can't really back up far enough so I try and straighten out as much as I can but I know I am still too far from the curb but I just say to heck with this and just turned off the car and left it there.. it is far enough off the road but it could be closer to the curb :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I went to a new gyno yesterday whom I liked.. Had to advocate for myself a bit after I asked for a change in meds, but whatever.. when I went to the pharmacy to fill the prescription the bill was $35.00 and I was like WHAT THE..... didn't you run this through insurance? And the tec said.. sure did the prescription is $75.00 :blink: I asked about generics and they said there isn't a generic for this bc... then I said (outloud in a very loud tone).. I am NOT paying $35.00/mo just so I don't get PREGNANT..."... holy that Dr. is going to hear it from me today... :angry: I talked to another physician friend and she said it was a matter of the Dr. getting pharmacy companies in delivering samples & wares and convincing her (or just making the name stick in her mind) so that when I asked for a specific type of drug, this companies drug (which hasn't a generic form) came to mind.. she said it's a matter of the DR. being lazy to not know the generic form of the drug.. GAH.. it makes me mad enough not to go back to her.... :protest:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

My son spent the day at my inlaws yesterday because he is finished school. You remember that whole disney world trip that Ethan didn't want to go on? Well she convinced him to go.

I hate disney world guys... I know it's not about me, but I hate the heat, I hate the crowds and I hate the disney franchise. Ethan hates rides! We've been there twice and everytime there's always someone who has to sit there with him for two hours while others go on the rides! So someone always feels left out because he hates rides. I mean I am all for a vacation with the inlaws but why must we do amusement parks???

I just don't want to do this and neither did he until she convinced him.

She has magic powers, perhaps I'll get her to convince him to do his homework too! :lol:

He was totally against the idea. He prefers to just sit in the hotel and not go anywhere... I know they have a time share but it still seems like a waste of money to me to bring someone who doesn't really enjoy it. I asked him about the rides and he said: "I'll be 11 next summer, so I can just sit and wait alone for you guys" UM NO YOU CAN'T! Gah!

There's other factors too but I won't get into them. I just don't think it's a good idea... why can't we do something else? Something everyone will enjoy?

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Not only that but its during his summer and it's during, as well all know, my mother's time with him. Ethan told her that, he said but she told him: "Oh I am sure your grandma wouldn't mind letting go of you for two weeks..."

Umm ya she would... you don't know my mama! :lol:

Also there's always family politics involved... example:

We're all standing around and my MIL will ask: "Okay what does everyone want to do?"

Ethan: "I want to go to the haunted house"

Me: "Ethan wants to go the haunted house"

Mike: "I don't care.."

My brother in law Kevin - "Thunder mountain"

MIL: "Okay Kevin wants to go on thunder mountain"

*everyone goes to thunder mountain*

That's the conversation that happens every single day while we're there. So it ends up that on about day 2 or 3 my husband and I will go off on our own and let Ethan choose what he wants to do and then we get the cold shoulder from everyone for separating. But Ethan DOES NOT LIKE RIDES!

Why ask everyone what they want to do if you're just going to what he always wants to do??? Why not just take him to Disneyworld by yourselves? I mean I thought this was supposed to be about family, yet we always do what my BIL wants to do.

Also he gets mad at Ethan... a lot. My son is a talker, he talks and talks and as his mother I have learned to filter him out a lot of the time, you know the: "Yea... uh huh... wow" and nodding along to let him know I hear him even if I don't... :lol:

But people who don't understand his talking, get annoyed pretty fast... my BIL is one of those people.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

This is not an angry rant but a sad one.

We took our new little kitten to the vet yesterday and he tested positive for FIV. Most likely, his mom was exposed to it and he just has some antibodies from her. Unfortunately, it is possible that he has the disease and could pass it to my existing cats. We'd have to test him in a few months and probably keep testing him until he's six months old to know for sure. Since we can't really keep him locked in one room for the next four months, we've decided that we can't keep him.

There's no real evidence that FIV shortens an indoor cat's life. They just don't get exposed to enough things to get really sick. However, we're not willing to risk our other cats' health. Kathryn, Phil and I are trying to find him another home. Preferably one were he'll be an only cat.

I'm really sad about this. I've been working with him over the last two days and he's socializing really well and now I've got to give him up.

Here's a picture of him:

Kitten

~ Catherine

Edited by BermyCat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.