1,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I just found this thread and thought I should add toss our hats in here, since we're a March filer too (NOA1 was received on March 9).

Emmaline will be happy to hear that we're also a "January" couple: we were engaged on January 2nd! :dance:

I can't wait to see all of your updates as those NOA2s all come rolling in...hopefully we'll all breeze through as quickly as possible!

Met Online - January 2008

Met in Person - April 2008

Engaged on January 2, 2009

Mailed I-129F Forms to CSC on March 4, 2009

Medical successfully completed on August 26, 2009

Interview successfully completed on September 1, 2009

Visa in-hand, September 3, 2009

POE Sumas, Washington September 18, 2009

Wedding Las Vegas, NV October 20, 2009

AP approved - January 12, 2010

EAD approved - January 14, 2010

Green Card - Approved (through CSC) February 9th, 2010

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hi everyone!

I just found this thread and thought I should add toss our hats in here, since we're a March filer too (NOA1 was received on March 9).

Emmaline will be happy to hear that we're also a "January" couple: we were engaged on January 2nd! :dance:

I can't wait to see all of your updates as those NOA2s all come rolling in...hopefully we'll all breeze through as quickly as possible!

Welcome aboard! I, too, hope for the same!

K-1 Progress:

I-129F Sent: 03/09/09

I-129F Received by CSC: 03/11/09

NOA1 Notice date: 3/12/09

NOA2 Notice date: 6/24/09

NOA2 Hardcopy: 6/29/09

NVC Received: 6/30/09

NVC Sent to GUZ: 7/6/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Hi everyone!

welcome to the club :)

age.png

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-17

I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-19

I-129F NOA2: 2009-07-10

NVC recieved: 2009-07-22

NVC left: 2009-07-29

Consulate recieved: 2009-08-03

Packet 3 recieved: 2009-08-07

Packet 3 sent: 2009-08-07

Recieved letter with request to send copies

of all previous visas to the consulate

on: 2009-08-12 and sent it same day

Packet 4 recieved: 2009-08-25

Interview: 2009-09-02

Visa picked up! : 2009-09-15

US entry: 2009-09-17

Marriage: 2009-10-23

AOS sent: 2009-12-10

AOS recieved: 2009-12-14

RFE for medical form I-693: 2010-01-07

Biometrics: 2010-01-21

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline
welcome.gif GTB - Michael!

N-400: filled online on May 8th, 2021

Biometric Reuse Notice: May 8th, 2021
Interview: May 10th, 2022 - Interview De-Scheduled

Interview rescheduled on May 11th, 2022

New Interview: Jun 27th, 2022 - Approved 🥳

Oath Ceremony: July 14th, 2022

Hi everyone!

Hahahaha you too? Yes I am happy to meet another January couple! There's something special about after-New-Year's...

Welcome GTB - Michael :) Best of luck!

Umm, Igor's list for CSC stopped moving again and it can't "accuratley" predict when our petitions will be adjudicated again. eww

Filed for removal of conditions: April 26, 2012

NOA: April 30, 2012 (received May 10, 2012)

Biometrics: June 8, 2012

I had a dream last night... that i had gotten an RFE ... on my ex Motherinlaw..

WOKE UP!!!!

EXAMINE WHAT YOU BELIEVE TO BE IMPOSSIBLE, THEN CHANGE YOUR BELIEF !!!

Our Timeline

AOS

03/31/2010 AOS packet sent to Chicago Lockbox

06/28/2010 Welcome to America Letter in Mail Box :-)

05/26/2012 ROC packet sent to California.

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline
Hi everyone!

Welcome to our March club!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

can't believe that they are still accepting H1b petition. wasn't in previous years the cap reached on April 1st? Like I said before I had considered the h1b but never tried, because I didn't want to end up in a lottery.

Must be the economy. just wish they would stopp worrying about the h1b and start worrying about us again. we are definitely worth worrying about. that is a lot of worrying, Fran.......

Gave a tour in english at the museum where I work today to a band from Memphis, Tennessee. Made me happy to speak english.

little more than one week in May minus memorial day and I am still somewhat hopeful, that we will see a Marchy being approved. BTW the bottle of champagne I was going to open for the first one of us to be approved didn't make it. have to get a new one :)

hope you are all well and hanging in there.

fran

age.png

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-17

I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-19

I-129F NOA2: 2009-07-10

NVC recieved: 2009-07-22

NVC left: 2009-07-29

Consulate recieved: 2009-08-03

Packet 3 recieved: 2009-08-07

Packet 3 sent: 2009-08-07

Recieved letter with request to send copies

of all previous visas to the consulate

on: 2009-08-12 and sent it same day

Packet 4 recieved: 2009-08-25

Interview: 2009-09-02

Visa picked up! : 2009-09-15

US entry: 2009-09-17

Marriage: 2009-10-23

AOS sent: 2009-12-10

AOS recieved: 2009-12-14

RFE for medical form I-693: 2010-01-07

Biometrics: 2010-01-21

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
can't believe that they are still accepting H1b petition. wasn't in previous years the cap reached on April 1st? Like I said before I had considered the h1b but never tried, because I didn't want to end up in a lottery.

Must be the economy. just wish they would stopp worrying about the h1b and start worrying about us again. we are definitely worth worrying about. that is a lot of worrying, Fran.......

Gave a tour in english at the museum where I work today to a band from Memphis, Tennessee. Made me happy to speak english.

little more than one week in May minus memorial day and I am still somewhat hopeful, that we will see a Marchy being approved. BTW the bottle of champagne I was going to open for the first one of us to be approved didn't make it. have to get a new one :)

hope you are all well and hanging in there.

fran

Still hanging. Personally I don't think they should take presidence over us as its just a temporary spot, and if they are having this much issues processing these and other apps in a half decent time (judging by the progress thing where they said they want to be by the end of the year) they should hire more ppl! Would help give people jobs and not keep people seperated forever. I know its only been like 3 months but I'm so impatient!!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

Yesterday I turned 2 months since NOA1. How long will it be until I get NOA2? Why can't I have it sooner??? Why, why, why????

Oh well, I'm still hanging on! Hang on to the bottle Fran, one of us is going to get approved anytime now. Just make it May :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello to all and a big welcome to all of the new members that have recently joined our topic group. I'm afraid there's not much good news to share as there is still a big backlog of I-129f's to be worked out. Apparently they have put us on the side for time being and they are working on other types of petitions. I have checked our status online there is no changes and no touches either. Still keeping my fingers crossed for the day that they start working on our cases. Lets hang in there and hope for the best.

Rob

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Please forgive me whilst I vent a little steam.

Things have been extremely difficult for me these past few months (due to circumstances at home ) and waiting for the immigration to approve us has often felt like waiting for the end of a jail sentance. Admittedly, I can't actually leave the country until January, but as soon as we have approval, my guy and I can at least make plans. Uncertainty of the whole K1 process has just added a lot of stress to an already difficult situation.

Yesterday, things had gotten so bad for me that my guy (not for the first time this year) offered to fly out here immediately, and although I've tried to be the voice of reason in the past, I gave in and told him "yes".

But trying to plan for an emergency trip that neither of us expected him to be making just highlights how difficult distance can be. He'd have charged out the door and run all the way to the airport, if it was as simple as just getting on the plane. But it's not.

And now I'm irked because the USCIS make us suffer and wait longer because of their backlog. I honestly feel cheated by the amount they charge for the "service" they are offering. What service?! It's disgusting. They charge what they want because they can, and they treat us like they want because they can. It's wrong!

Edited by FrostyMist

I was actually feeling pretty relaxed until you reminded me how angry I am FrostyMist. So may I join you please in venting? Please everyone take what I say with a grain of salt. I try to stay levelheaded but you all know how it is when you get mad.

I am angry at the USCIS, yes, but I don't really expect much from government jobs because they have such job security and do whatever they want. Like look at bus drivers for crying out loud (if transit is operated by gov't in your city...which it is in mine), they have to show up on time NEVER, run over people, have 20 unexcused absences a year in their contract and still make more than school teachers. I'm guessing it's the same with the people at USCIS. I am angry but not surprised at this backlog that developed JUST AFTER we mailed in our petitions and thought things were going so well.

I am also angry at the people who mailed their petitions in Feb. (like me) and got approved after a month. Sometimes I have to stop looking in this forum because of people putting their sparkley, Photoshop pics and saying PRAISE GOD after they get approved, because in my mental state it really grates. It's almost funny to type this because it's so irrational but I start thinking, "Oh, so God loves you more than us, OK!!!!! Your relationship is better than mine because the USCIS put yours through first, OK!!!! WHATEVER!!" (please note I am happy when people get approved and I love looking at adorable couples pics, but it's hard to not get b*tchy from time to time)

I am angry in general. I wish my fiance could come fly to me if I cried, but basically I only get to speak my fiance for 30 minutes maximum per day on my lunch break, so it's not nice to unload all my emotion on him in that short time. Also when I come back to the office with red eyes everyone thinks I'm weird and tells me to stop lowering the morale of the office. EMBARASSING!!!!!!

I am angry that I have to pay thousands of dollars to be with my fiance when everyone else that I know can be with the person they love for free.

I hate that this process takes love between a man and woman and quantifies it and puts it under a microscope. It takes something that simply made me happy to be alive, and reduces it to paper. It turns it into something clinical rather than something natural and free. And I really hate all the fakey fake relationship people who are obviously fake and made the system so suspicious of everyone.

Hope I didn't offend anyone with my ranting but I am confident I am not the only one who gets frustrated (by the process) and wants to yell at anyone and everything.

FrostyMist so your fiance is coming to visit you? I know it's not easy to make a last minute trip so there's probably some stress involved but please try to relax and enjoy and feel better :)

Filed for removal of conditions: April 26, 2012

NOA: April 30, 2012 (received May 10, 2012)

Biometrics: June 8, 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I was actually feeling pretty relaxed until you reminded me how angry I am FrostyMist. So may I join you please in venting?

You're welcome to, emmaline_g. Though I didn't mean to stir up anger and get everyone all down and fed up, just had to vent. And I know everyone here understands what I'm going through because we are all sharing the same experiences.

Yesterday, it really hit home to me how unfair the immigration system feels. There we were, my guy and I desperately trying to work out how we can be together, stressing and worrying about what the USCIS might do or say if we make plans that might conflict with immigration.

I hate that this process takes love between a man and woman and quantifies it and puts it under a microscope. It takes something that simply made me happy to be alive, and reduces it to paper. It turns it into something clinical rather than something natural and free. And I really hate all the fakey fake relationship people who are obviously fake and made the system so suspicious of everyone.

I know exactly what you mean! I was quite bitter over valentines and out anniversary (both events fall within a few days of each other for us) because all the romance was somewhat spoiled by "Don't forget to save the receipt/card/packaging for the USCIS." Bah.

And yesterday, I was quite bitter about how extra stressful USCIS makes everything, when he's already torn up because he sees me sad and needing him and he has to sit and watch me sob my heart out on webcam --- "At least this will be good evidance of our ongoing relationship", I tell him.

It sucks!

FrostyMist so your fiance is coming to visit you? I know it's not easy to make a last minute trip so there's probably some stress involved but please try to relax and enjoy and feel better :)

It's highly possible that he might be doing so, yes. Hopefully mid-June.

Edited by FrostyMist

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i think there must have beena full moon last night..cuz well i finally broke down yesterday too. :(

i've told david i didn't want him to take off work to come see me as he's already used up most of his vacation / sick days the last time i saw him, but he's so worried about me he said he was booking a flight for june 5th.

i dont know if i had a panic atk / skitzo episode or what yesterday but i just broke down and lost it. i've been living with my sister and her kid since january, and well we don't get alone well, she's 15 years older than me, an alchoholic, and fights with her daughter all the time. Im basically living out of a suitcase, and my demeanor has gotten very pessimistic, critical, and well..downtright bitchy lately.

The way Uscis messes with ppls lives is unbelieavable. First come first served my A$$. Poor Estadia is still waiting after having her info pass interview and yet i see ppl apply and get approved rediculously fast.

i'm sorry i'm venting as well..:( Didn't mean to. Its just..i really miss David so much and i feel like i'm in limbo with my life..and i'm 35 now..i wanted a family but by the time this gets done i dont even know if kids is an option anymore :(

Blurgh. Hugs to all of us, cuz i know we all need them.

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.