1,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
i think there must have beena full moon last night..cuz well i finally broke down yesterday too. :(

i've told david i didn't want him to take off work to come see me as he's already used up most of his vacation / sick days the last time i saw him, but he's so worried about me he said he was booking a flight for june 5th.

i dont know if i had a panic atk / skitzo episode or what yesterday but i just broke down and lost it. i've been living with my sister and her kid since january, and well we don't get alone well, she's 15 years older than me, an alchoholic, and fights with her daughter all the time. Im basically living out of a suitcase, and my demeanor has gotten very pessimistic, critical, and well..downtright bitchy lately.

The way Uscis messes with ppls lives is unbelieavable. First come first served my A$$. Poor Estadia is still waiting after having her info pass interview and yet i see ppl apply and get approved rediculously fast.

i'm sorry i'm venting as well..:( Didn't mean to. Its just..i really miss David so much and i feel like i'm in limbo with my life..and i'm 35 now..i wanted a family but by the time this gets done i dont even know if kids is an option anymore :(

Blurgh. Hugs to all of us, cuz i know we all need them.

I definaltely hear you guys. Ive been breaking down regularly for awhile and I HATE it. I snapped a bit at Wes last night too which made me feel horrible. I keep dreaming about getting the NOA2, which is just adding stress because I'm not even awake and I'm thinking about it. I just wish it would hurry up for all of us so that this nightmare can stop.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think there must have beena full moon last night..cuz well i finally broke down yesterday too. :(

i've told david i didn't want him to take off work to come see me as he's already used up most of his vacation / sick days the last time i saw him, but he's so worried about me he said he was booking a flight for june 5th.

i dont know if i had a panic atk / skitzo episode or what yesterday but i just broke down and lost it. i've been living with my sister and her kid since january, and well we don't get alone well, she's 15 years older than me, an alchoholic, and fights with her daughter all the time. Im basically living out of a suitcase, and my demeanor has gotten very pessimistic, critical, and well..downtright bitchy lately.

The way Uscis messes with ppls lives is unbelieavable. First come first served my A$$. Poor Estadia is still waiting after having her info pass interview and yet i see ppl apply and get approved rediculously fast.

i'm sorry i'm venting as well..:( Didn't mean to. Its just..i really miss David so much and i feel like i'm in limbo with my life..and i'm 35 now..i wanted a family but by the time this gets done i dont even know if kids is an option anymore :(

Blurgh. Hugs to all of us, cuz i know we all need them.

I definaltely hear you guys. Ive been breaking down regularly for awhile and I HATE it. I snapped a bit at Wes last night too which made me feel horrible. I keep dreaming about getting the NOA2, which is just adding stress because I'm not even awake and I'm thinking about it. I just wish it would hurry up for all of us so that this nightmare can stop.

Yes, I had this same problem yesterday... a crazy outburst and poor Ian was skipping dinner and talking to me in the middle of the street over the skype phone on the way to an appointment he couldn't miss. I'm glad yesterday is over.

I want to make this move faster, but I can't. I am trying to relax about it.

It DOES happen! :) (that's the good news!) Hang in there!

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sorry to hear that I'm not the only one finding it hard at the moment.

Even though some of us are really struggling to cope at the moment, I think we should give ourselves a pat on the back and say "You know what? I could be doing a lot worse!"

**oops I accidentally posted in the Vermont Service Center groups, so I'm re-posting here, hopefully this is the California Service Center March filers group **

Hi all :yes:

Im so excited to have found this posting for all the March 2009 filers, so now we can all share our experiences. I definitely feel that all I can think about everyday is this K1 visa...

I was wondering if anyone who filed in March received a NOA2 yet? According to the timeline on this site, those of us who filed at the California Service Center should be receiving them around the next of couple weeks. Our I-129F packet was received March 16, and I received in the NOA shortly afterwards stating it was received on the 16.

From looking ahead to the I-134 Affidavit of Support form, what should you do if you are still enrolled as an undergraduate student and are not working. I am actually studying abroad in Italy (for the 2008-2009 school year), and have gotten an extension to remain in Italy as a student until the start of winter quarter (Jan 2010), just so I can be with my fiance. Both of my parents are fine with the idea, and I plan on having my mom be a co-sponsor, since I dont currently work. Does anyone know if our visa will be rejected on the basis that I do not yet work (since Im still finishing up school), BUT my mom's income fulfills the 125% income level? This is one of the most pressing concerns I have about our petition. I mean I'm going to get my B.A. from the University of California Santa Barbara in June 2010, so it's not probable that I'm going to end up working in a fast-food chain. Do you think the US Consulate Officers in Italy will take that into account?

I know our story is a bit different. We met August 29, 2008, and two months later we moved into an apartment together, just the two of us, since we spent every single night at each other's apartments anyways. I even sent in our lease as proof of having met in person, but I didn't get it translated into English though. Then in January after we visited his mom and step-dad, he surprised me by taking me to the jewelry shop and told me to pick a ring, and that's how he popped the question :D

Anyways, we are planning on changing apartments in September from the one listed on the I-129F. Does anyone have an idea of what we should do to let USCIS know our current address? I'm hoping that we get the go ahead from the NOA2 before we change apartments.

My fiance is eligible to become an Italian citizen and thus travel to the US on the Visa Waiver Program, since his mom married an Italian and she was sworn in as a citizen 10 years ago. Does anyone know how long it takes from the date of request to receiving Italian citizenship? It's frustrating that after 5 years of living in Italy, he never got around to asking for citizenship, since with his current passport from the Dominican Republic, he can't enter the US without a visa... Does anyone know how he could get the Certificado de No Antecendentes Judiciales without traveling to the DR? He lived there until he was 17yrs old before coming to Italy, so I believe it will be needed...

I hope I didn't write or ask too much, and that I made some sense. It's just relieving to be posting in a place where everyone else knows exactly what you are going through... Good luck to all of us and I look forward to reading any responses :)

Timeline
I was wondering if anyone who filed in March received a NOA2 yet? According to the timeline on this site, those of us who filed at the California Service Center should be receiving them around the next of couple weeks. Our I-129F packet was received March 16, and I received in the NOA shortly afterwards stating it was received on the 16.

We got our NOA1 mid-March, and have not received our NOA2. Until recently, our timeline gave us an estimated NOA2 date for August, but when I checked yesterday there wasn't enough data available to give an estimated time. That sucks. I heard that the USCIS are dealing with a backlog at the moment, so March filers have been put to the side for a bit. Not good news.

I am just hoping that it won't take them too long to clear up the backlog, and once they do, they will maybe make a speedy process of dealing with the March petitions.

Sorry I can't really answer any of your other questions. Unfortunately, I don't know the answers myself and I wouldn't want to give you misleading information by trying to guess. I'm sure someone else here must know a lot more about this than I do though.

Does anyone know if our visa will be rejected on the basis that I do not yet work (since Im still finishing up school), BUT my mom's income fulfills the 125% income level? This is one of the most pressing concerns I have about our petition.

No it won't as long as you have your mom to co-sponsor. :)

I spoke to an immigration attorney when I was still in college and I asked him this question. He said to me to write a letter explaining that I am a student, to sign it and have an advisor sign it, and I think he recommended to me to get my transcripts as well to prove that I was a full-time student and was only working part time.

I ended up waiting until after graduation to file (I graduated in 2007 and filed this year), but if you file when you are still in school it will not be a problem if you get the proper documentation and have the co-sponsor.

Oh and for the questions about Italian citizenship, etc. try asking in the regional forum for Europe, I think they can help ;)

Edited by emmaline_g

Filed for removal of conditions: April 26, 2012

NOA: April 30, 2012 (received May 10, 2012)

Biometrics: June 8, 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I was wondering if anyone who filed in March received a NOA2 yet?

Unfortunately, none of the March filers have received their NOA2 yet. :crying:

CSC seems to have hit a minor roadblock on their K1 approvals, or they're off processing other visa types at the moment. Hopefully things will get back on track soon! :clock:

Does anyone know if our visa will be rejected on the basis that I do not yet work (since Im still finishing up school), BUT my mom's income fulfills the 125% income level?

As long as your co-sponsor meets the 125% requirement, you will be fine. There is no problem with your mom being the co-sponsor...usually they are family members.

I know our story is a bit different. We met August 29, 2008, and two months later we moved into an apartment together, just the two of us, since we spent every single night at each other's apartments anyways. I even sent in our lease as proof of having met in person, but I didn't get it translated into English though. Then in January after we visited his mom and step-dad, he surprised me by taking me to the jewelry shop and told me to pick a ring, and that's how he popped the question :D

Congratulations!!! :dance:

All documents should have been translated, though. :( This may earn you an RFE down the road, but let's hope not!

Anyways, we are planning on changing apartments in September from the one listed on the I-129F. Does anyone have an idea of what we should do to let USCIS know our current address? I'm hoping that we get the go ahead from the NOA2 before we change apartments.

You'll have to file the change of address...here's the actual info from the I129F instruction sheet:

"If you change your address and you have an application or petition pending with USCIS, you may change your address on-line at www.uscis.gov, click on "Change your address with USCIS" and follow the prompts or by completing and mailing Form AR-11, Alien's Change of Address Card, to:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Change of Address P.O. Box 7134 London, KY 40742-7134"

My fiance is eligible to become an Italian citizen and thus travel to the US on the Visa Waiver Program, since his mom married an Italian and she was sworn in as a citizen 10 years ago. Does anyone know how long it takes from the date of request to receiving Italian citizenship? It's frustrating that after 5 years of living in Italy, he never got around to asking for citizenship, since with his current passport from the Dominican Republic, he can't enter the US without a visa... Does anyone know how he could get the Certificado de No Antecendentes Judiciales without traveling to the DR? He lived there until he was 17yrs old before coming to Italy, so I believe it will be needed...

I have no idea about this one...sorry :blink:

I hope I didn't write or ask too much, and that I made some sense. It's just relieving to be posting in a place where everyone else knows exactly what you are going through... Good luck to all of us and I look forward to reading any responses :)

No problem! Welcome on board! :luv:

Met Online - January 2008

Met in Person - April 2008

Engaged on January 2, 2009

Mailed I-129F Forms to CSC on March 4, 2009

Medical successfully completed on August 26, 2009

Interview successfully completed on September 1, 2009

Visa in-hand, September 3, 2009

POE Sumas, Washington September 18, 2009

Wedding Las Vegas, NV October 20, 2009

AP approved - January 12, 2010

EAD approved - January 14, 2010

Green Card - Approved (through CSC) February 9th, 2010

Timeline

Well, the tickets are brought and he's arriving on the 20th June.

I should be happy, but the whole process of trying to plan arrival and departure dates has proven such a nightmare that I just want to be done with distance for good.

The reason that's prompted him to come over is because of my dog, who has become seriously ill. I feel kinda guilty for saying it, when I know many people must be trying to deal with worse than that, and don't have an emergency trip to fall back on, but I just don't think I can cope with losing her on my own. As well as dealing with the possibility of losing my dog, my mum is getting remarried in August and I am not coping at all with dealing with such a massive change.

But, as I said in a previous post, planning for an emergency trip is not much fun. :( I've never been so stressed out and frustrated by ticket dates, times, and all those other little details as I have been this time.

And today I feel sad because he's brought the tickets, got an arrival time, and when he gets to the airport, he'll have to wait around an extra hour (at least!) before anyone can be there to fetch him. Having done the trip myself now (it's almost 24 hours of travelling!) I'm just down at the thought of it being anything harder than it has to be.

Of course, he's fine. "That's what Ipods are for!" he reassures me. But I still feel bad.

Just checked my timeline today. I think an estimated date would really raise my spirits, but still nothing at all. The frustrating thing is that we still have to assume USCIS' six months guide time, which means he has to fly back in September.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Well, the tickets are brought and he's arriving on the 20th June.

I should be happy, but the whole process of trying to plan arrival and departure dates has proven such a nightmare that I just want to be done with distance for good.

The reason that's prompted him to come over is because of my dog, who has become seriously ill. I feel kinda guilty for saying it, when I know many people must be trying to deal with worse than that, and don't have an emergency trip to fall back on, but I just don't think I can cope with losing her on my own. As well as dealing with the possibility of losing my dog, my mum is getting remarried in August and I am not coping at all with dealing with such a massive change.

But, as I said in a previous post, planning for an emergency trip is not much fun. :( I've never been so stressed out and frustrated by ticket dates, times, and all those other little details as I have been this time.

And today I feel sad because he's brought the tickets, got an arrival time, and when he gets to the airport, he'll have to wait around an extra hour (at least!) before anyone can be there to fetch him. Having done the trip myself now (it's almost 24 hours of travelling!) I'm just down at the thought of it being anything harder than it has to be.

Of course, he's fine. "That's what Ipods are for!" he reassures me. But I still feel bad.

Just checked my timeline today. I think an estimated date would really raise my spirits, but still nothing at all. The frustrating thing is that we still have to assume USCIS' six months guide time, which means he has to fly back in September.

Aww hun. *hugs* those are both very good reasons for a visit. No worries darling, just enjoy every moment with him while he is there and maybe when he gets back you will have your NOA2 waiting!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

Thanks for the encouragement, Danu. :) I'm looking forwards to seeing him again. Knowing that he's going to be here in less than four weeks has really reminded me how much I miss him. I guess I've just been trying to muddle along on my own up until now, trying not to think about how hard it is without him. Now that I know he's coming, I feel like I can't wait a single minute more!

I am hoping that when he gets back, we will have had our NOA2. I just hope it does not arrive too soon, because he has things he'll need to sort out once the NOA2 comes, and won't be able to do them if he's in England with me.

FrostyMist -- those are legitimate things to be upset about! I doubt anyone would feel wonderful about those things. You will get through it all :)

Don't feel guilty that your guy is coming to visit you... I mean, that's what fiances are for. Other people get to cry to their fiance about every little thing. I definitely think you deserve some comfort for stuff like this.

My mom was in the hospital from Thanksgiving through New Year's and I really needed my fiance at that time. Of course, he could not come to visit me(you can see he's Albanian... he can't just come visit the USA whenever he wants). I felt so guilty and weak for needing him so much, but also resentful that other girls can rely so heavy on their fiance simply 'cause they live in the same place... it's a hard to explain feeling. I hate that feeling... :-\

Anyway be strong! And one hour is nothing. Your boy will survive, there's lots of stuff to look at in airports. Maybe he will use the time to do his hair and freshen up before seeing you :P

Filed for removal of conditions: April 26, 2012

NOA: April 30, 2012 (received May 10, 2012)

Biometrics: June 8, 2012

Just popping in and reading all of the distance-issues going on right now with the March Filers.

It's amazing that your fiance can come visit you, FrostyMist. I understand what you're going through as we went through it ourselves a few months ago. I was dealing with a lot of stress (yes, even after the NOA2) and felt so incredibly angry everyday - angry at my family, my friends, strangers, but really it was just my way of being angry at USCIS. They had already made us wait almost 5 months for an approval, already made us stress out over a visit ("will they let me in? uh oh..") and already dictated how we shall move on in our relationship ("you must marry witnin 90 days, even though we will take as long as we please to get to your file..").

Anyways, my fiance flew to England within 2 weeks because I needed him. Even that made things stressful because it didn't work for work and college dates, finances, etc.. but we just bought the tickets and did it. So glad we did too, because I don't know how I would be feeling now if we hadn't gotten to spend that time together. He went back to America and I had my interview (4 months after the petition approval), we were approved, and now I just have to wait 3 weeks until I can be with him for good. And you know what, it's odd how things change. I no longer pine after him... now I know that I'm definitely leaving, I'm filling my time with family and friends, closure... I'm sad to be leaving, as much as I'm happy to be with him.

Just remember that this all ends in just a few months. It's true what they say, you'll look back at how you felt while waiting and think 'that didn't seem that bad at all'... because you'll have your goal right there, and nothing else seems that important.

Also keep in mind that many couples aren't able to visit their loved ones when they're going through a stressful time in this process. They can only watch on webcam while the other cries, they can only offer words, and they can only hang on and wait for a decision from the government. Some are even looking at 6 months of AP afterwards just because of the country. There's estadia getting nowhere with her case, and there's a girl who filed with us (August 2008) and had her file LOST by USCIS; her new file hasn't been tracked either, so one year on, she may be looking at a third application.

Hang on to everything that makes your case lucky, and run with it.

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

Gemmie thank you for your encouragement. I'm perfectly aware that this is how I'll feel once I'll have a visa in hand and a plane ticket with my name on it, but now it just feels like it's never ending.

FrostyMist, I am really sorry about your dog, I know how painful it is to lose a pet :( I am glad your fiance will be with you through this rough time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.