moondancer627

Back me up here, husband has bug up butt....

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband has a bug up his butt, he is getting of course frustrated about not getting this green card thing, how the INS department has told him, don't take action until we tell you to on his immunizations, and the fact that it's hotter than hades here in Tucson.

He is going up to Northern Arizona to work with my blessing to get out of the heat for a few months. A long commute on weekends, but at least he will be less miserable.

He also is on a power trip about me buying a car I like vs the car he wants us to have,( another thread) anyway last night he says I might as well go back to Canada.

I said, if you do you forfeit your whole green card and you will not be able to come into the US for over ten years.

He kept arguing they can't deny me my greencard no matter where I am. Have you researched this on the internet?

Of course when he's in one of his moods, I might as well be talking to the brick wall, cause I can't reason with him.

Back me up here...

If he leaves the US without AP or the green card he's screwed!!!!

I know I am right.

thanks for listening...

Moondancer

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

You are absolutely right - if he leaves the US and has not received AP or his Green Card, they will not allow him to re-enter. If his AOS is still "pending" then he has to have AP in order to return to the USA. If he does not then he will have to go through the entire process again - he won't be banned for 10 years, he will simply have to start all over again.

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Yes, you're right, well, sort of at least. If he leaves the US without greencard or AP, his immigrant petition and AOS will be considered abandoned and you will have to start over again with IR-1/K-3. He doesn't have to wait for 10 years though because he is not in the US illegally for more than a year.

So, if he wants to travel to Canada, he should file for AP. It takes several weeks, but is much quicker than applying for a spousal visa. And who knows maybe they get their mess sorted out in the near future (something similar happened to a friend of mine, only it was his I-130 that got lost). Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will work out for you. :D

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

Filed: Timeline
My husband has a bug up his butt, he is getting of course frustrated about not getting this green card thing, how the INS department has told him, don't take action until we tell you to on his immunizations, and the fact that it's hotter than hades here in Tucson.

He is going up to Northern Arizona to work with my blessing to get out of the heat for a few months. A long commute on weekends, but at least he will be less miserable.

He also is on a power trip about me buying a car I like vs the car he wants us to have,( another thread) anyway last night he says I might as well go back to Canada.

I said, if you do you forfeit your whole green card and you will not be able to come into the US for over ten years.

He kept arguing they can't deny me my greencard no matter where I am. Have you researched this on the internet?

Of course when he's in one of his moods, I might as well be talking to the brick wall, cause I can't reason with him.

Back me up here...

I know I am right.

thanks for listening...

Moondancer

Hey guys! The dirty laundry is piling up. How about taking care of that, and then these other things will take care of themselves? :lol:

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Other Timeline

You've got your answers about the green card. Now here's a word up for you about the car....

My ex husband always picked out our cars. The last one he over-ruled me on was a 98 Subaru Outback. Completely not the right car for me. Too long and difficult for me to manuever when backing. A very large blindspot made worse by the fact that I am short (5 foot 1). It had great cargo space (for hauling around instruments and such) and because of the AWD, it sat high and you could get in and out of it ladylike. Otherwise I hated it. I traded it last weekend.

PICK OUT YOUR OWN CAR! People need to choose the car that is right for them. Spouses need to allow the other person to choose what feels right for them to drive - a vehicle the main driver will feel comfortable maneuvering in traffic as well as cockpit/driver comfy. The spouse NOT driving the car can and should have input as far as budget, safety and repair/maintenance costs. Otherwise, they need to SHUT UP.

I never could drive my Subaru safely. It was too hard for me to handle. I wished it was up my ex-husband's butt everyday. I hated the car and resented it was shoved down my throat. Choosing a car is a personal thing but its a major budget item for families. That being said, there should never be power issues in the equation. Only the drivers comfort and whether or not it works financially.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

ya know, reading this thread, then the one about the car, it would seem that you and your husband need to have a long talk. just my two cents worth. good luck

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

ya know, reading this thread, then the one about the car, it would seem that you and your husband need to have a long talk. just my two cents worth. good luck

signs009.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Back me up here...

I know I am right.

thanks for listening...

Moondancer

Hey guys! The dirty laundry is piling up. How about taking care of that, and then these other things will take care of themselves? :lol:

sister mermaid..you are indeed a right thinking type of mermaid... :yes:

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline

I miss Canada too, and we live in Phoenix - we know what the desert is like. Albeit I bet it's 10 degrees hotter down there! Tell him not to give up hope. Everyone is waiting... some longer than others but it doesn't mean they've forgotten about him. Maybe you guys should take a weekend off together and go to Jerome. like the others have stated, you two need a long chat.

Barbara (Canada) & Dallas (USC)

AOS

Nov 13 2005 EAD & I-485 sent to Chicago Lockbox

Nov 22, 2005 EAD & I-485 NOA1

Dec 15, 2005 Biometrics for EAD & I-485

Dec 19, 2005 EAD & I-485 Touched

Jan 21, 2006 Rec'd I-485 Fingerprint Reschedule Notice (AHHH!!!)

Feb 10, 2006 Fingerprint App't

Feb 1, 2006 EAD Approved!!!!

Feb 11, 2006 Rec'd EAD card

Feb 13, 2006 Applied for SSN

Feb 17, 2006 Rec'd SSN

Feb 23, 2006 I-485 Transferred to CSC (AHHH!!)

Mar 02, 2006 I-485 Has been received at CSC

Mar 13, 2006 I-485 Touched

Mar 14, 2006 I-485 Touched

Apr 15 & 25 2006 emailed CSC for status inquiry on I-485

Apr 26 2006 received a response from CSC, another response in 60 days (ahhhhh!!!)

Apr 27, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 17, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 19, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 20, 2006 I-485 Touched

July 3, 2006 emailed CSC again, no response given in the allotted 60 days time frame.

July 27, 2006 received a response from CSC, another response will be given in 30 days.. ha ha ha.

***app sent back to Missouri ***app sent to Chicago

Aug 21 2006 touched

Sept 29 2006 3rd year Anniversay

October 13, 2006 Immigration Interview - Need to return with Long Form Birth Certificate

October 13, 2006 Long Form Birth Cert ordered with expediated shipping

October 18, 2006 Birth Cert Received

October 19, 2006 2nd Immigration Interview - APPROVED

5-20 business days for the Green Card to arrive, maybe I'll be back to see my family before Christmas?

Filed: Timeline

Back me up here...

I know I am right.

thanks for listening...

Moondancer

sister mermaid..you are indeed a right thinking type of mermaid... :yes:

Hee hee. I'm a firm believer that when things are going awry, use one's talents wisely. If the power of verbal persuasion isn't working, use another approach. I've been known to exact anything from a squirming man ;)

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hee hee. I'm a firm believer that when things are going awry, use one's talents wisely. If the power of verbal persuasion isn't working, use another approach. I've been known to exact anything from a squirming man ;)

ooo000oooo a talented mermaid :blush:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

HI, we'll the advice was good. Like most relationships couples have disagreements, at least Anton and I fight , cause my ex-boyfriend prior to Anton would go to the silent treatment and then hit the bottle for a couple of days, and he still wouldn't talk about what was bugging him.

Your absolutely right about doing the Laundry frequently... LOL.... I guessed I missed that thread..but I get the meaning...

Right now, things have stablized and we gotta deal with what's coming our way....

Good luck everyone..

Moondancer

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.