geovanna83

VERMONT IS WORKING FAST

60 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
ok guys. We know its f'd up. I havent been able to even see my husband in over a year. i would be happy to be able to visit.

the point is..someone always has it worse. some ppl havent seen their SO's for YEARS.

You know love you guys, but I think she gets the point now :D

To the OP,

please understand that some of us have waited WAY longer than 4 months and its like salt in the wound to see "VSC is working fast" in the k3 forum.

I agree. Peace out! Please move the post to K1. The process is faster (this i still don't understand) if you're a fiance' than a spouse (!!!).

People here have been through a lot and are still going through this dragging process. Empathize if you can't sympathize. Add a little bit of sensitivity and lot of respect.

Please post where it is appropriate. :bonk:Peace!

God Bless!!!

Chris&Barbie

'with you by my side, how can I fail?" cbw

I130

NOA1 : 05.05.08

TOUCHED : 05.09.08

TOUCHED : 10.01.08

TOUCHED : 10.02.08

APPROVED (NOA2): JANUARY 7, 2009--- THANK YOU LORD!!!!

I129-F

NOA1 : 05.28.08

TOUCHED : 07.10.08

APPROVED (NOA2): JANUARY 7, 2009--- THANK YOU LORD!!!!

CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED: 01.15.09

CASE SENT OUT TO US EMBASSY-MANILA FROM NVC: 01.15.09

LETTER FROM THE EMBASSY: 01.22.09

PAID DV: 01.15.09

MEDICAL EXAM: 02.16.09-1ST DAY 02.17.09-2ND DAY---PASSED!!!!!

INTERVIEW DATE: 03.03.09- PASSED! THANK GOD!

VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2009

HOME: March 7, 2009

FOLLOW UPS:

11.10.08-called up USCIS to inquire about our status/sent faxes to congressmen and senator

11.12.08-called up USCIS again and was told that our case was moved to CSC back in June(!) because the state department have some questions about some of the documents we filed. And they never sent us any RFE...Grrrrrrr!!!! Was told that they don't know what the problem with the documents...Grrrrrr (again)! and was told that they will file a request for review...uuuuuggghhhh!!!!

01.14.09: Hubby sent a Thank you letter to his senator's office for clearing out the confussions with our application last Dec. 4. We'll go with K3...Hubby's doing his ITR as we speak... =)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
I GOT APPROVED IN EXACTLY 4 MTHS FROM THE DAY THEY RECIEVED MY PETITION THAT WAS ON 10-22-08 AND APPROVED ON 02-22-09........

I KNOW ITS SO HARD. I couldnt take it no more that last wk i got laid off and gave all my stuff up and turned in my car to the dealership and moved to santo domingo and look my fiance got approved..... Can you believe this? Whats a girl to do now? At least I{m with my hubby thats all that matter .... I dont ever wanna separate from him ever again ... its been the best feeling that ever time i went on vacation i knew I was only there for a couple of days and always had to prepare my self to say goodbye. Guys its hard

Maybe Had I known this I would have requested a fiance visa and not a the other way around if i knew it would work faster!!!!!

yes, it infuriates me to read something like this on the k3 posts, since most of us have been waiting almost twice as long....not very nice, nonetheless i congratulate u and wish u best of luck!!

CR1 ---------> APPROVED MARCH 9, 2009

K3 ~~~~~~> APPROVED MARCH 9, 2009

To OP, CONGRATS!!!! Don't let other rain on your parade. It's hard wether it's been 1 day or 1000 days. I look forward to the day I get to wake up next to my husband and know it's not just for a short visit.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

I GOT APPROVED IN EXACTLY 4 MTHS FROM THE DAY THEY RECIEVED MY PETITION THAT WAS ON 10-22-08 AND APPROVED ON 02-22-09........

I KNOW ITS SO HARD. I couldnt take it no more that last wk i got laid off and gave all my stuff up and turned in my car to the dealership and moved to santo domingo and look my fiance got approved..... Can you believe this? Whats a girl to do now? At least I{m with my hubby thats all that matter .... I dont ever wanna separate from him ever again ... its been the best feeling that ever time i went on vacation i knew I was only there for a couple of days and always had to prepare my self to say goodbye. Guys its hard

I'm sorry but I can't keep my mouth shut. First off, this is the K3 section and you filed a K1. Second, there are some of us who have been married for over a year, and some of us even 2 years...for you to say "I know it's so hard"...you're not even married yet and I don't think you know. You've waited a total of 4 months, out of Vermont, where some of us have waited over 10 months just for the first petition to be approved. You're ready to interview while some of us are stuck in NVC for no reason whatsoever.

Why don't you try being more sensitive to the people who've been waiting for their HUSBANDS and WIVES for almost a year now?

To say "Vermont is working so fast" is insulting to me and to everyone who is ready to celebrate anniversaries with their SPOUSES and still waiting for a darn approval...

Sheesh...

very well said.. :thumbs:

ok guys. We know its f'd up. I havent been able to even see my husband in over a year. i would be happy to be able to visit.

the point is..someone always has it worse. some ppl havent seen their SO's for YEARS.

You know love you guys, but I think she gets the point now :D

To the OP,

please understand that some of us have waited WAY longer than 4 months and its like salt in the wound to see "VSC is working fast" in the k3 forum.

I agree. Peace out! Please move the post to K1. The process is faster (this i still don't understand) if you're a fiance' than a spouse (!!!).

People here have been through a lot and are still going through this dragging process. Empathize if you can't sympathize. Add a little bit of sensitivity and lot of respect.

Please post where it is appropriate. :bonk:Peace!

I second the motion!! :devil:

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

To OP, CONGRATS!!!! Don't let other rain on your parade. It's hard wether it's been 1 day or 1000 days. I look forward to the day I get to wake up next to my husband and know it's not just for a short visit.

I guess there's a big difference if you're going to weigh things out between waiting for 1 day and being stuck for 1000 days.. Perhaps for you it is the same.. You will realize that the difference is BIG, one day.. :bonk:

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

my bad that Im on the k3 section didnt realize that error when I opened an account we have been going threw this whole process of trying to be together since july of 2006 that we reunited. we meet in the summer of 1996 and fell in love when i would go on summer vacations to santo domingo. Our relationship was a secret for the most part because of our age difference my mother wouldnt have agreed to us being together. But she ended up finding out and made a whole big deal about it but then and refused for me to talk to him but I still did it was hard for us to contunie our relationship becuase i couldnt afford calling cards and I always had to call long distance from a payphone years went by and we both moved on with out lives but he had a babygirl and when she was born he nameed her after me so that he would never forget me and for me to forgive. when that all happen he was forced by the family he had to marry the women due to religious reasons .... so he did but was never happy. The summer of july 2006 when I went down on vacation our love came bacxk alive. and he was separated for his wife. at that point we wanted to be with eachother but couldnt. so he tried to filed for a travel visa to be with me and then once he would get it he would just stay with me and then we were gonna figure out how he could just stay permantly with me. But when that time came he got denied.

once that happen we had to wait a period of time for him to try again and during the process he filed for a divorce and his x wife was refusing to sign the papers. It took about a yr for that to finanlly go threw in order for me to file for a fiance visa because in order for me to have done the paper work to bring him the divorce had to be finallized. and that was finally finalized in oct 2008 was when i put in the paperwork for the petition. and during that whole timeframe I suffered. oh and we had gotten engaged that summer that we had reunited in 2006.

So I know what it is to go threw feeling that all you k3 people r going threw. the only difference in a k1 and k3 is a piece of paper stating that your married.

I hope this answers all your questions to the people that left me rude comments on my topic and being so hard on me. So dont tell me I dont know what it is to go threw this

I'm sorry but I can't keep my mouth shut. First off, this is the K3 section and you filed a K1. Second, there are some of us who have been married for over a year, and some of us even 2 years...for you to say "I know it's so hard"...you're not even married yet and I don't think you know. You've waited a total of 4 months, out of Vermont, where some of us have waited over 10 months just for the first petition to be approved. You're ready to interview while some of us are stuck in NVC for no reason whatsoever.

Why don't you try being more sensitive to the people who've been waiting for their HUSBANDS and WIVES for almost a year now?

To say "Vermont is working so fast" is insulting to me and to everyone who is ready to celebrate anniversaries with their SPOUSES and still waiting for a darn approval...

Sheesh...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Sheesh...

Notime4You I guess. Don't hate.... :lol:

my bad that Im on the k3 section didnt realize that error when I opened an account we have been going threw this whole process of trying to be together since july of 2006 that we reunited. we meet in the summer of 1996 and fell in love when i would go on summer vacations to santo domingo. Our relationship was a secret for the most part because of our age difference my mother wouldnt have agreed to us being together. But she ended up finding out and made a whole big deal about it but then and refused for me to talk to him but I still did it was hard for us to contunie our relationship becuase i couldnt afford calling cards and I always had to call long distance from a payphone years went by and we both moved on with out lives but he had a babygirl and when she was born he nameed her after me so that he would never forget me and for me to forgive. when that all happen he was forced by the family he had to marry the women due to religious reasons .... so he did but was never happy. The summer of july 2006 when I went down on vacation our love came bacxk alive. and he was separated for his wife. at that point we wanted to be with eachother but couldnt. so he tried to filed for a travel visa to be with me and then once he would get it he would just stay with me and then we were gonna figure out how he could just stay permantly with me. But when that time came he got denied.

once that happen we had to wait a period of time for him to try again and during the process he filed for a divorce and his x wife was refusing to sign the papers. It took about a yr for that to finanlly go threw in order for me to file for a fiance visa because in order for me to have done the paper work to bring him the divorce had to be finallized. and that was finally finalized in oct 2008 was when i put in the paperwork for the petition. and during that whole timeframe I suffered. oh and we had gotten engaged that summer that we had reunited in 2006.

So I know what it is to go threw feeling that all you k3 people r going threw. the only difference in a k1 and k3 is a piece of paper stating that your married.

I hope this answers all your questions to the people that left me rude comments on my topic and being so hard on me. So dont tell me I dont know what it is to go threw this

I understand now. If you moved here to DR, are you going back to US or are you going to stay here?

Congratulations :thumbs:

Sheesh...

whos hating?

I{ve been waiting 2 yrs in a half to be with my fiance. We were gonna get married but I did my research very well and hired a good lawyer who told me to do a fiance visa that it would be faster. Its longer when you get married and think just because your married the the CRIS will approve you faster. Doing it that way invovles way more of investigation.

So my advice to any1 who in this kind of situation filed it as a fiance k1 visa. and if you want my lawyers number let me know

Easy for a k1 to say...hmm...hope you get to wait 10 months and then see how you feel :whistle:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Easy for a k1 to say...hmm...hope you get to wait 10 months and then see how you feel :whistle:

It clearly states that the K1 visa is the fastest way to the US. My finacee and I wanted desperately to get married in her home country, but we sacrificed that for a faster process. I guess you should have done your homework. Now you're paying the price for being an idiot. :bonk:

It clearly states that the K1 visa is the fastest way to the US. My finacee and I wanted desperately to get married in her home country, but we sacrificed that for a faster process. I guess you should have done your homework. Now you're paying the price for being an idiot. :bonk:

its all you Notime4haterz. Go for it ! :whistle:

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

I guess it is not the thing she is trying to imply.. :devil:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

If getting married and being COMMITED makes me an idiot, then I'm happy to be an idiot...At least I made the commitment and didn't require a 90 day TRIAL PERIOD to figure out if I want to spend the rest of my life with my man... Of course there's always the chance that your "fiance" will drop you when they get here, without ever marrying you. See, that's where the whole commitment thing comes in...I wonder who the idiot is now??? I could think of better names too, but I don't wanna get suspended. You're not worth it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.