64 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

This is hard to explain. I was initially going to call the FBI for immigration fraud on the man who is doing the talking and then get my now wife deported.

Yes, I did a big no-no by going into her email...but obviously in the end it was justified.

This is a cut and paste version of the email(i have left the recipients names out as to have them not be contacted only)

the man advising her is her 60+ year old ex-bf, about a month before our wedding right before her visa interview

can charges be pressed on the man for this?????????????

HOW DO I PROTECT MYSELF? Other than sending her packing, her AOS/work permit/travel document should be completed within the month. We married 2 1/2 months ago roughly.

HOW DO I PROTECT MYSELF, 17,500 A YEAR IS NOT CHUMP CHANGE

Honey,

This attorney was the most knowledgeable and experienced one I have spoken to so far. He has twenty years experience and does 3 - 5 cases per year exactly like yours would be. Here is what he told me:

1) As we believed, you must wait for the conditional Green card. Unless there is abuse, all K-1 visa holders who marry their petitioners, then divorce prior to obtaining a conditional green card, would be forced to return to their home country.

2) In Virginia, currently the green card takes approximately five months to obtain.

3) He said traveling outside the USA while waiting for the Green Card and getting Advanced Parole really does not enhance your power, he could not imagine why the other attorney said that. Your likeliness to remain in America depends ENTIRELY on proving the marriage was entered into in good faith and was a genuine marriage.

4) The BEST things you can do while married is to assemble sufficient indications of a genuine marriage, such as: taking his name, living together at the same address, comingling of assets...that is, signing leases together, buying property together, getting insurance together, taking out a joint bank account and credit cards together, having your names jointly on as many accounts and services as you normally would as a married couple in America, having friends and witnesses of your being together, and should difficulties develop between you...even going to a marriage counselor together...all these things show intent to have a normal marriage and to try to keep it going.

The attorney said that Immigration Officials are not stupid, they try hard to prevent fraudulent immigration. They even work together with NexusLexus...a company which can dig up all the pertinent records on your marriage, co-mingling of assets, etc. to prove or disprove a good-faith marriage. Occasionally, though rarely, Officials even make random visits to see if the married couple are living together like married people do.... you need to keep yourself looking something like "the devoted wife" for five or six months, till you get that CARD...then you're on your way to freedom and affluence, my honey! By next Summer you could be filing for your own Unconditional Green Card!

5) After you get the conditional Green Card, you can divorce, your husband cannot prevent you from divorcing him....you can change back to your maiden name, and it is recommended you have your own lawyer representing you in the divorce, AND your immigration attorney working with your divorce lawyer. I will explain this in detail to you....but those two attorneys can even get your estranged husband to sign a statement saying that both of you entered the marriage in good faith. All these corroborating items can and will allow you to remain in America after the early divorce.

Even if you do not remain married for more than six months, if your case shows you married in good faith, you are very likely to be able to stay. Once you divorce, YOU apply yourself for a Waiver of Conditions, or a Form 751,...the same form the both of you would file after two years being married that, if accepted, allows you to get your Non-Conditional (10 year) Green Card. In other words, if you present a believable case that the marriage was sincere, you can get your permanent (10 year) green card, even after only being married six months or so!

You CAN marry again anytime after divorcing ....or you may not .....the Attorney said it does not help you to stay in the USA by remarrying, in fact, he said, you might want to wait a bit...because remarrying (soon after getting your Conditional green card and divorcing) would look a little suspicious... almost like this is what you planned to do from the beginning...obtain a green card fraudulently...and marry the guy you really wanted....

He said you might only feel "the need" to remarry if you were denied the Non-Conditional Green Card and were being sent home after two years here. Then marrying an American here and filing for a K-3 could bring you back to America. He said the K-3 would be the way to go in such a case, as there would be very little chance that Immigration would award you a second K-1 Fiance-type visa after you did not remain married on the first K-1 visa.

6) The Affidavit of Support your petitioner files with your K-1 visa is a promise to support you for TEN YEARS!! That is, EVEN IF YOU DIVORCE HIM, he MUST provide you with at least $17,500 a year for ten years. It is a Federal Law and cannot be removed in a divorce proceeding. Your ex-husband MUST pay you that if you want it, as the government assumes no responsibility for your support for those ten years.

7) ABUSE can be physical, mental, verbal....should your husband be abusive, you need only call the police and/or have witnesses who will corroborate the abuse for your records. Such cases can allow you to get an Unconditional Green card rapidly.....if there is some proof of this.

In Summary, it is all up to you ... if you can build a record of showing you married in good faith and tried to make it work...your chances of remaining in the USA are excellent. This attorney said he always wins such cases if you follow the above advice in building proof of a good-faith marriage. And he can coach along the way. If we have more questions I can call him anytime.

I would love it if you married me, and I wish you would, but it would not necessarily help you in staying here. My love for you is quite unselfish, I care more about your future than my own wishes. I would remain loving you and being your friend and lover regardless of whether we married or not. More than anything, I am hoping you can be patient and endure your marriage long enough to get to stay here...and then get your freedom and your real life going toward wealth and happiness. You carried this jerk for a year....carry him another six to eight months and you will be free and on your way to your dreams...its called postgratification......persevere just a bit more, and be smart and careful...as there is no turning back now. Not marrying him would set you back from freedom more than another year.....better to sacrifice 6 - 8 months than 12 - 14 months. I wish you were marrying me, not him, but you're not...we're stuck with him, so lets make the best of it, my love, we must do what is neccessary for the greater good....

(######, I sound like Obama...)

xoxoxo KISS!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

just get a divorce or annulment and don't file AOS for her. there isn't much you can do about him to be honest.

*edit, i see you filed AOS....maybe someone else can advise you on that one

Edited by wowswift

Call the FBI for immigration fraud on this A....Hoo!!!. This is make me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on the guy or both of them?

Do I contact FBI ICE or USCIS?

I love her understand that, but I want that ###### in prison

On both. This against what this Country stand for. It is your responsibilty to stop this CRIME!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

moved from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures General Discussion to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
just get a divorce or annulment and don't file AOS for her. there isn't much you can do about him to be honest.

*edit, i see you filed AOS....maybe someone else can advise you on that one

as i understand it, he filed but not approved. he should yank the affidavit of support quickly, thus killing the aos.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Call the FBI for immigration fraud on this A....Hoo!!!. This is make me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on the guy or both of them?

Do I contact FBI ICE or USCIS?

I love her understand that, but I want that ###### in prison

Remember, The LAW is the LAW. You have a knowledge of a crime on progress and you can't keep your mouth shut.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sounds like the guy so supportive with your current wife..And it seemed to me that your wife is only using you to get her greencard? Im sorry to hear all these..

hmmm complicated for me..oh well first talk to your wife and see what will happen (that is if you want to save your marriage since you also love her still) not unless no more...

But if you feel she doesnt love you back genuinely then do what your heart tells you

October 26, 2009 >AOS package sent thru USPS priority mail (day1)

October 29, 2009 >Item delivered Chicago IL, 60680 (Recieved Date) (day4)

November 3, 2009 >Notice date for I-485, I-131, I-765 (NOA's) (day9)

November 6, 2009 >Recieved in the Mail (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Touched (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Notice date for biometrics letter (day12)

November 26, 2009 >Biometrics letter recieved (Appointment date: Nov.27) (day32)

November 27, 2009 >Biometrics Appointment Done (day33)

November 27, 2009 >Touched :D(day33)

December 16, 2009 >Touched EAD "Card Production Ordered" (day53)

December 16, 2009 >Touched AP (day53)

December 17, 2009 >Touched EAD (day54)

December 17, 2009 >Touched AP (day54)

December 18, 2009 >Touched AP (day55)

December 21, 2009 >Recieved Advanced parole in the mail (day58)

December 21, 2009 >Touched EAD"Card production ordered" (day58)

February 04, 2010 > Interview @ 12:30 pm,done and approved (day103)

February 11, 2010 > Welcome Letter Aarrived

February 16, 2010 > GC Recieved

The FBI will not take any action on this. I have several good friends that are FBI agents and through personal immigration knowledge, can confidently assure you that this is out of their jurisdiction.

The proper reporting avenue would be the USCIS. If appropriate, you should forward all available evidence to USCIS on this case and withdraw any petitions/documents outstanding.

Edited by William33

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

holy #######!

have you talked to her about this yet? maybe it was completely unsolicited? (trying to be hopeful)

I dont know what kind of "charges", if any this guy would face. I wish he used the lawyers name in the email!

this is disgusting and Im sorry that you are going through it. (F)

Edited by Lisa wa Yazied

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

The FBI will not take any action on this. I have several good friends that are FBI agents and through personal immigration knowledge, can confidently assure you that this is out of their jurisdiction.

The proper reporting avenue would be the USCIS. If appropriate, you should forward all available evidence to USCIS on this case and withdraw any petitions/documents outstanding.

i just got off the phone

this is an ICE issue, I did not file a report. It is a deal ender to the marriage if I make a report...instant deportation I suspect. She wouldnt even fight it I am sure and just leave on her own.

but my main question

HOW DO I PROTECT MYSELF FINANCIALLY if I remain married and this bombshell is dropped on me?

i just got off the phone

this is an ICE issue, I did not file a report. It is a deal ender to the marriage if I make a report...instant deportation I suspect. She wouldnt even fight it I am sure and just leave on her own.

but my main question

HOW DO I PROTECT MYSELF FINANCIALLY if I remain married and this bombshell is dropped on me?

Listen my friend, THIS IS A CRIME and you CAN NOT get involved on it unless you wanna consider yourself a criminal too. Protect yourself and do what is right!!!

The lawyer that advised the author has his sh!t together! Did you find any sent emails from your wife to the guy?

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

i just got off the phone

but my main question

Listen my friend, THIS IS A CRIME and you CAN NOT get involved on it unless you wanna consider yourself a criminal too. Protect yourself and do what is right!!!

a crime? i highly doubt it, or that they go after the victim who loves his wife. so please, no more nonsense on saying failure to act upon a plan is a crime please

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.