n00b

What should I Do?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I need some advice on what i should do. I will explain my case, pleas refrain from all the negative comments. When i was a teen i had sex with my girlfriend i guess i was 19? and she was 15 (which i did not know at the time) but its all water under the bridge now , as you could say. And i am a "sex offender" for Consensual sex with a minor (in the usa)

Moving forward i am now 27 yrs old, (and so is my new wife) i fell in love with a filipina some years ago , this is my 2nd trip to the philippines. We both got married , reading online it seems almost impossible that i will be able to get her to the usa

Ive spoke with a lawyer who claims he can get a waiver for the adam walsh act, and he has had success with a case similar to mine (although i see no information to back this up) And his fees are quite high, it could be a scam, or them knowing it will never go through but giving me hope so i will give them money.

On to other things, while in the philippines i filed for a visa extension, i actually got a BI clearence , saying i have no known problems or on any blacklists , plus what happened to me in the usa, is not a crime here (or anywhere mostly)

If i dont go back to the usa, they say that i am "failing to register as a sex offender" im sure they will put out some type of warrant on me (just to make my life a living hell ) On top of that, the usa is fairly nuts, they might would even waste your tax dollars to come get me and return me:? lets hope not , but they are known to do that

My wife might be pregnant , i dont want to return to the usa if i have no hope of getting her there. Id like to stay here legally but not even sure how i can do that, plus i have no job or income here

Once again i ask to please refrain from the negative comments, ive really heard enough of it , i only wish to have a normal life with my soon to be wife and child .

09-09-2008 Met my Fiance'

01-23-2009 Married My Fiance' in the Philippines

I have not seen anybody that falls under the walsh act to actually get approved for their petition.

Your lawyer may help, but they can't wave a magic wand, you take a chance to lose the case and your money. Perhaps if you offered to this lawyer payment only on a successful outcome, you can see how "good" he is?

Good luck!

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I haven't seen anyone get approved with a "sex offender" issue either, sorry. I imagine the only way you could get approved is if you would have serious hardship issues by living in your spouses or a third party country (such as having a physical disability making you unable to fly, or minor children you are totally responsible for in the USA).

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you do chose to stay in the Philippines here are a couple of links that may help with some of your questions..... http://www.liveinthephilippines.com/content/ and.... http://www.immigration.gov.ph/ The first has a lot of information on what to expect if you chose to live there and the second is info on what you will need to live there.

I hope this helps, even if just a little. I wish you luck on what ever you choose to do.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

The USCIS still doesn't budge on Adam-Walsh cases, nor is there any change coming in the prevailing cultural attitude about sex offenses involving minors. Would living in Australia appeal?

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I came back to the usa, soon i will go with the lawyer and file the papers and see what happens. They claim they would not take my case if they think I did not have a chance.

So i will post more here as time goes on, I do not intend to put up with the usa for very long. If it drags out more than a year, i will just leave, and start my live overseas, at least i could live in peace with normal people and normal laws

09-09-2008 Met my Fiance'

01-23-2009 Married My Fiance' in the Philippines

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.