kbushra1

is this enough proof for ongoing relationship?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
i sent 4 various t-mobile bills

one from dec of 2007

one from april 2008

one from may 2008

one from sept 2008

5 pictures of us together last year

4 screen caps of a msn conversation (with webcam on)

will it be enough?? :blink:

Enough for what. You have no timeline. None of this is needed with the petition but you should have more if it's for the interview.

i just send the I-129F in today....i dont have the timeline yet. are you saying i didnt need any of this yet?

Yes, that's what I'm saying. What you needed with the petition was primary evidence you met in person during the past two years. That would be things like boarding passes and passport stamps. Did you include those?

Your timeline is that you just sent the I-129F today.

yup...i could only find two of my airline stubs tho...from here to qatar and from qatar to pakistan.

one thing im wondering....i became citizen through my parents...so i sent copy of my passport. is the first page of my passport sufficient to prove im a citizen? :blink:

i also received my citizenship thru my parents and the instructions clearly state to provide copy of the the complete passport if ur using ur passport as proof of ur citizenship. this means every single page. if u will try to take short cuts to get thru the process its going to be a very long process due to rfe that they send u for items u neglected to send with ur petition

good luck to u

sara

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

one from dec of 2007

one from april 2008

one from may 2008

one from sept 2008

You haven't filled in your timeline so we cannot tell what consulate you are using (if it is for an interview) Consulates vary, some are really easy, some not so easy. It depends on the situations in that country, etc. More is better. I also suggest avoiding internet type evidence. Emails are OK, photos are great, and phone bills are good, why not all of them?

For proof of ongoing relationship (interview) you need to convince someone that doesn't know you (and in 10 minutes or less) that you have a legitimate ongoing relationship. For the petition you only need to show you have met one time in person within the last two years.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

one from dec of 2007

one from april 2008

one from may 2008

one from sept 2008

You haven't filled in your timeline so we cannot tell what consulate you are using (if it is for an interview) Consulates vary, some are really easy, some not so easy. It depends on the situations in that country, etc. More is better. I also suggest avoiding internet type evidence. Emails are OK, photos are great, and phone bills are good, why not all of them?

For proof of ongoing relationship (interview) you need to convince someone that doesn't know you (and in 10 minutes or less) that you have a legitimate ongoing relationship. For the petition you only need to show you have met one time in person within the last two years.

When it comes to the interview, if it takes more than about 30 seconds to convince the Consular Officer the relationship is bona fide, you're fighting a real uphill battle.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Also, keep in mind exactly what it is you're trying to prove.

For the petition, you've got to prove you were actually together at some time in the two years before the petition was filed.

For the interview, it's not just that you have an ongoing relationship, but the really important thing is to prove that the relationship is not for the purpose of obtaining an immigration benefit. See INA 204( c ) and 275( c ). The difference may be subtle, but can be important. For example, undisputed evidence that you call each other is nice, but it's no absolute guarantee of approval, since people who marry for papers can call each other, too.

And yes, the amount and nature of required proof will vary widely from one consulate to another. It can also vary depending on whether your relationship seems to fit the norms of the country where the consulate is located or not.

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
Nope - you (at the stage you just mentioned) need proof of having met in person (within the last 2 years) - not proof of an ongoing relationship. :thumbs:

i also send in a copy of my ticket stubs from my visit last year as well as copy of passport stamps...along with a few pictures that we took. will it enuf to prove i was there?? :blink:

Yes. I take it by "ticket stubs" you mean "boarding passes". Yes, that's enough evidence of meeting. For the rest of the process, read carefully and interpret literally. Sounds like you accidently sent what you needed for "proof of meeting" while you were errantly focused on "proof of an ongoing relationship". They are not the same thing.

thanks alot. since i just sent the initial packet. wat is my next step? where can i dl the other forms?

and also i wanted to know if my first page of passport is enuf to establish that im citizen. i was born in pakistan so my birth cert. wont help. i became citizen thru parents.

I'm afraid you will be in for a long road. You have not read and comprehended the instructions for filing the I-129F. They indicate that to prove US Citizenship you provide a copy of all pages of your US Passport, a US birth certificate or Naturalization Certificate. As you progress through the visa process, I encourage you in the strongest terms to study the guides here and the instructions for all forms. If English as a second language is making it difficult to fully comprehend and follow the instructions, then get assistance from somebody with the necessary skills. This will be critical to your success in the visa process and your future happiness.

Please pay attention to what pushbrk tells you. His info helped me out a lot in the process.

If you a naturalized citizen, not only do you need to include all pages of your american passport, but you also need to include the naturalization certificate that proves you're a US citizen. And yes, you make a photocopy of the front and the back, even though the back is blank!

That's what the guides on this forum said to do, and i did and we had no problems.

As far as the other forms----when you come to the visajourney.com homepage, start on the link that says guides. Make sure you read that enough times so that you have an understanding of the abbreviations used, and workflows of the process. On the same page, you will also see a link for EXAMPLE FORMS. Those help a lot. Finally, I highly recommend you use the search functionality of the site. Tons of info is found using that.

Good luck.

AOS

2009-01-12===> Sent AOS packet via UPS
2009-01-13===> AOS packet received
2009-01-28===> NOA's received in the mail
2009-02-01===> Biometric appt received in the mail
2009-02-06===> Completed biometric appt thru walk-in
2009-02-06===> Applied for expedited AP thru the phone
2009-02-14===> Received AP in the mail
2009-02-11===> Case transferred to CSC
2009-02-23===> EAD received
2009-05-02===> Green card received in the mail, no interview done.

Timeline
i made a copy of all the pages in my passport which had anything on them...even if there was only one stamp.....did they need copies of the blank pages also?

The above statement conflicts with your earlier one but yes, that's what "all page" means.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
i made a copy of all the pages in my passport which had anything on them...even if there was only one stamp.....did they need copies of the blank pages also?

The above statement conflicts with your earlier one but yes, that's what "all page" means.

oh man :( looks like it will get denied

Timeline

I doubt it. At worst that kind of mistake will delay you a few weeks while you respond to an RFE for the missing information.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I doubt it. At worst that kind of mistake will delay you a few weeks while you respond to an RFE for the missing information.

thanks alot pal...u have been really helpful. i wish i had waited til tomorrow to send in the petition but now theres nothing i can do :( while making the copies of my passport today at kinkos, i even thought of making copies of all the pages. but then i thought why would they need the blank pages? it was a dumb mistake by me

i had been looking over this site for over 2 months now...i thought i had everything down. but unfortunately messed up still :blink:

Timeline

thanks alot pal...u have been really helpful. i wish i had waited til tomorrow to send in the petition but now theres nothing i can do :( while making the copies of my passport today at kinkos, i even thought of making copies of all the pages. but then i thought why would they need the blank pages? it was a dumb mistake by me

i had been looking over this site for over 2 months now...i thought i had everything down. but unfortunately messed up still :blink:

Frankly, and with all due respect, your mistake was not failing to wait an extra day. Your mistake was failing to study the guides and form instructions carefully, interpret them literally and then follow them. You can learn from that mistake as you prepare for the next steps.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i sent about the same but was given an RFE. they wanted more.

so we sent more pics, more emails, more chat logs. and skype call archives.

we also sent photocopies of passport entry stamps.

good luck.

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

06-11-08 - RFE on uscis website

08-12-08 - fiance started calling uscis every week cos he never got the RFE in the mail, requested for a new one

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-15-08 - new RFE finally in the mail (after hundreds of calls to uscis)

10-28-08 - fiance sent back RFE documents

10-31-08 - touched

11-04-08 - RFE reply recieved

11-05-08 - touched

11-10-08 - APPROVED (on uscis website)

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

11-24-08 - consulate received

12-15-08 - day 1 medical exam at SLEC

12-16-08 - day 2 medical exam results released

01-07-09 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

09-23-09 - repeat biometrics (argh!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You will get an RFE and delay things, not denied.

This is a very strange process and full of dualities and contradicitons. On the one hand you need to study and read and re-read the instructions and guides and have your wits fully about you. On the other hand you need to stop thinking "What would they need that for?" It is a good question. What do they need a copy of the BACK of your citizenship record for, it is blank. But it says to send copies of it "front and back", if you do not, you will get an RFE. When it says "all pages" it means ALL pages, I included front and back cover and NEVER, now or in the future, send partial copies of the passport. For example, when you provide proof of relationship, copy ALL pages of passport (including front and back cover) and attach letter pointing out the pages with the passport stamps you refer to. A partial page copy could be anyone's passport.

Pushbrk is correct. This stage is almost a "pass". You will get an RFE, you will provide what they need and they will approve the petition (probably). But when you get to the interview stage you could easily fail and THEN you get a denial. So be careful. When it comes to proving ongoing realtionship, try to be able to give lots of what the instructions suggest. They do NOT suggest weblogs with web cam photos, for example. They do not suggest printouts of instant message chats. They suggest photos of you together, telephone bills, letters (emails are acceptable), receipts for travel, etc. You could very well be denied if the bulk of your "evidence" is of the electronic kind and I won't even argue that the consulates are "behind the times" doesn't matter, like Pushbrk said, they will make decision in 30 seconds (I was WAY optomistic to say 10 minutes) what will you give them to decide in your favor? All the information you need is there in the instructions and here on this site. I cannot say enough for the experience available here on this site. It is a real treasure. Anyone that is a member here simply has no excuse not to succeed in thie efforts if they are sincere. This is an important step in your life, invest some hours reading the forums here, I read 10 times as many posts as I respond to. I am still reading. I think having a foreign wife is a lifetime of learning and studying and the "journey" is much more than the K-1 visa. I am very impressed that so many people who have "completed" their journey continue to help others here.

Good luck

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

one from dec of 2007

one from april 2008

one from may 2008

one from sept 2008

uummmmn you van add an affidavit from friends and relatives that you were together or spent time together. Any receipts of stuff ypou bought or hotel/motel you sent time together. The more you have the less they question ur ongoing relationship, wish you luck!

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

you r making mistakes here buddy.. this is the easy part... once @ embassy stage... trust me ISL is not an easy embassy to deal w/=) they dun mind putting ppl on Admin processing for a v v long time=)

I highly recommend you study the process first .. b a step ahead...

good lucks!

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.