bar1kenoby

Help the italian!

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

This is just my wife and me, but over a two year period we spent at least seven months together before tying the knot, perhaps because both of us rushed into disastrous marriage in our young years that carried a severe penalty with it. Besides the laws, there is the two of you, don't you think at least you should meet first?

Ha, my wife thought I was nuts for me telling her I loved her after spending hours on the phone and the net over a nine month period, but tried to explain that in a platonic sense. Then said, we have got to meet and it took another month before we could make arrangements. During that month we talked about what if we didn't like each other in person, could only respond, we are very good friends, doubt if that would ever change. Then that day finally came and how strange that was seeing each other for the first time. First impression, I knew she was 5'3" tall and she knew I was 6'2", but didn't realized the difference in height, we quickly adapted to that. The first touch of our hands was magic, but could have been the other way around. I drove over a hundred miles before our first kiss, we were getting accustomed to each other, but we both couldn't believe we were finally together. That first kiss was pure magic, LOL, couldn't stop kissing, but that could have been the other way around.

Normally when you first meet a person, there is that physical attraction, ours was entirely different as we already developed that platonic attraction, but we had an extremely strong physical attraction as well, but could have again been the other way around. And yes, we both met people where it was the other way around. I did ask her to marry me in that first visit, and she instantly responded with a yes, but we still had issues to sort out. I visited her at her home country, and she came for more visits here. Never became an issue that we wanted to spend our lives together, but sure became an issue as to where we wanted to spend our lives together. One of us had to leave everything we were accustomed to, and I had two boys living with me and she had a daughter, could we live as a family? That took another year to sort out. While they were here, we traveled all over the country side, the schools, amusement parks, the musuems, the cities, etc. And could we live as a family? We could, then we got married. I met her family and she met mine, it was her decision to live her more than mine.

Also sandwiched in between there, we had immigration to deal with, took a loose view on that, if they wouldn't have her, was ready to pack up and move to her country.

By the way, my grandmother is from Italy, from a castle in the mountains with maidservants, our streets are not paved with gold, and we do not have over 2500 years of history. While I never visited there, have to, one of these days, she came from a very beautiful land rich in culture, saw plenty of pictures. She was never happy here and I really do not know why she didn't go back after my grandfather died. That is also something to keep in mind, but I just cannot visualizing marrying a person without at least first meeting her first. It is said on the net, that it's only 10% real and 90% of your imagination, want to make sure it is 100% real, that takes time.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

K-1 visa is a fiance visa and one of the absolute musts is that you meet in person before filing. I went to Morocco once before filing our K-1 and then once while it was being processed. Emails, phone calls, and gifts don't count as meeting in person. And if immigration know that you are engaged to be married it will be next to impossible for you to get a tourist visa to come here. The total of our immigration process, K-1 and AOS was much less than $3000. But that was 6 years ago so prices may have gone up since then.

Deb

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
Hi,

I need to have few information.

I never met my girl cuz a lot of reasons but now the time is coming and we are planning about a K-1 visa.

I knew her online and I helped her to come out from a bad story with her ex and little by little we fell in love for each other...is 1yr and half that we are always together online constantly 24/7...spending even the time that we sleep online on camera....so I was thinking that now is the time to meet each other and try to make her my wife if everything when I'll be there, will be good like I think.

1. About the proofs that USCIS ask to have...can I use present's receives, letters and other stuff like that, coming from before the day that we met in person? you can use these receipts as additional "proof" of a bonafide relationship, but what you will definitely need are pictures of the two of you together and with her family/friends would be good also, copies of your boarding pass to go to US, etc. proof that the two of you met in person

2. Can I say at the POE that I'm coming to visit my friend? That's fine, but again, don't lie. If they ask who in particular, just tell them your fiance.

3. I have problems to find the prices of all the k-1 procedure....how much is going to be +or-? $455 USD to send in for the petition, somewhere between 180 and 250 **Euros** for the medical, $131 USD for the visa, then $1010 USD for AOS - sorry for the mixed currencies, see http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=Naples for more specific info for the Embassy in Naples

4. How long I have to wait in Italy afther that I'll have my 1st trip in the USA? If you mean til you come over on the K1 visa, it will be approx 6-8 months before you have your visa in hand. Check out the Immigration Timelines at the top of the page.

Thank U

See above for answers

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.23.08 - sent K1 packet

10.29.08 - NOA1

02.19.09 - NOA2 113 days, Igor's #226

04.13.09 - Interview, Visa in hand next day

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.09.09 - sent AOS,EAD,AP packet

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

06.24.09 - Biometrics done (3 weeks earlier than appt date)

07.03.09 - received RFE for I-693 (dated 6.29, responded 7.07)

07.23.09 - transferred to CSC (received letter 7.27)

07.29.09 - EAD Card Production Ordered & AP Approved

11.23.09 - AOS touched - card production ordered & welcome letter sent - 13 months exactly after initially applying for K-1!

12.03.09 - GC arrived in mail

Removal of Conditions Process

07.28.11 - received reminder letter from USCIS to remove conditions before 11.18.11

09.28.11 - mailed I-751 packet

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

08.01.12 - GC arrived in mail

Citizenship Process

12.16.16 - sent N400 packet

12.23.16 - NOA issued

01.27.17 - Biometrics done

02.01.17 - put in line for interview

03.15.17 - scheduled for an interview on 04.21.17, had to write a letter asking for a reschedule because we will be out of the country

03.31.17 - scheduled for an interview again

05.09.17 - Interview!

Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

thank you for moving in the right place and even for the advices...are very preciouse...but I also know my feelings and how love...it's so strong that I cannot leave it without try the best of me to make it true.

I'm not risking my future there's not another mom for my kids in this world...I'm sorry for what happened about U and I'll remember your words if I'll be wrong but right now I'm jumping in this story so that I'll be never regretting anything.

The love is a big adventure but if u're not brave u'll never enjoy your life and that's the way i always thought.

U can always say yourself that u tried and U gave a chance to the best love story that u had...obly the end is terrible but nobody will give u back that experiences of that moment...look at that in a positive way...the life is beautiful because can always shock us with something new.

Timeline

4. How long I have to wait in Italy afther that I'll have my 1st trip in the USA? If you mean til you come over on the K1 visa, it will be approx 6-8 months before you have your visa in hand. Check out the Immigration Timelines at the top of the page.

I was meaning:

When I'll be able to come back overthere using for the second time the vwp in a while that the K-1 will be ready?

Filed: Timeline

Ciao, I am Italian like you, and moved to the US in November 2008 in order to marry my fiancé. As you can see from my timeline, we waited six months altogether to get the visa. Other people have waited longer, other a shorter time, but six months seems to be a good average. During the wait, I never visited the US - my now husband came to Italy three times, the last one of which was for the interview. Waiting is hard, but - especially if you are young and have a lot of time ahead of you, which I haven't - it can be done.

Anyway, all this conversation is moot if you haven't met yet. You MUST meet at least once in the past 2 years, but for your own sake I'd recommend spending a lot longer together. Meeting online is just not enough to get married. I met my husband online too (on a music forum, and totally by chance), but I would have never dreamed of marrying him before spending some time together. Neither of us could afford making a mistake - he had just got out of a disastrous, abusive marriage, and I will be 50 in less than two years' time. Spending hours online is NOT the same thing as spending time together in real life.... Don't rush into things, or you might well end up regretting it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

In terms of using the VWP while the K1 is in progress, there is no strict limit to the amount of time you can use it. As a guideline you generally cannot be in the USA for more time than you are outside of it (ie less than 6 months in a year in the USA), and there is always a chance that immigration at the airport will deny you, but if you are only going for a few weeks each time, you should be able to visit two or three times.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

I think that I'll go and I'll stay for 3 mounths if my situation with the jub still to be the same...I could always be able to find a job if I'll be lucky...and I need to try good how are the USA.

Someone from the Cali could tell me how is the life in kings county?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Stai tranquillo! Di dove sei??

Se vuoi parlare in italiano farmi un messaggio privato.

I am married to an Italian man and we are asking for a CR1 visa. You must read the requirements for the visa (permesso) that you intend to apply for not once or three times, but 5 times and more. In addition, read the requirements for the other types of visa available to you and your FRIEND. Be certain that she also understands the options.

You can visit the USA for 90 days at a time. You will be asked the address and phone number of the person that you will stay with during your visit. Also the reason for your visit and who you will stay with. Be honest and polite even if they are not. Do not become angry or lose patience. Be nice even after you have stayed in an airplane for 9 hours. Se fai incazzare possono dire no.

My Benito was held in customs because he had not memorized our NEW address to give to the agent. We married here and he returned to Italia after 40 days to continue his studies at the university as we planned. We filed the CR1 visa and are now waiting.

When you arrive you will see that the bureaocracy in USA is just as complicated as Italy, only that you cannot pay a friend to make it better. Do not be disappointed if you cannot file ANY papers the first day, but be happy that you can finally kiss your girl. Good luck!

Gli ostacoli non mi fermano. Ogni ostacolo può essere superato con convinzione. -Da Vinci

Timeline

I read that good a lot of times...so many times and understood every little thing...and I'm going to file that few hours afther that I'll be there...just give time to print 4 or 5 pictures and U'll see... :D

I'm making everything already ready from right now...and dont even know exactly when I'm going to go.

comunque è bello poter parlare italiano con qualcuno!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Ciao amico, non ti preoccupare!

Ti ho chiesto di dove sei per ragione...

lo so che sei molto felice/agitato adesso e non vuoi aspettare per essere con tua ragazza. Communque devi capire che sarà un processo complicato e una sfida davvero...sto solo dicendo! :) Spero che la situazione con l'ex può essere risolto! Se segui le regole va bene tutto! Ciao ciao

Gli ostacoli non mi fermano. Ogni ostacolo può essere superato con convinzione. -Da Vinci

Timeline

E' entusiasmante sapere che altre persone ce l'hanno fatta...ragazzi vi raggiungo presto non preoccupatevi...abito pure a Napoli con l'ambasciata americana più veloce d'europa...non penso ci metterò tanto con i vostri consigli. Spero solo di evitare gli avvocati che sono peggio delle sanguisughe lì

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.