MatthewKMC

New 2009 guidlines !!!!!!

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

I am starting k-1 visa now. In 2008 I made $17,900 (for the year).The poverty guidlines for 2008 was $17,500 .And the taxes I just filed the total was $17,900. I just looked at the guidlines and they now say for 2009 $18,212. Am I gonna get denied now? I can not find a sponser. Please help ,Matt

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am starting k-1 visa now. In 2008 I made $17,900 (for the year).The poverty guidlines for 2008 was $17,500 .And the taxes I just filed the total was $17,900. I just looked at the guidlines and they now say for 2009 $18,212. Am I gonna get denied now? I can not find a sponser. Please help ,Matt

Depends on how soon the interview will be? If it's after April 15 you'll be in trouble.

Also depends on what your current income is.

Do a 1040z [ammend] and add $313 ????

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Depends on how soon the interview will be? If it's after April 15 you'll be in trouble.

Also depends on what your current income is.

Do a 1040z [ammend] and add $313 ????

in trouble of what?

12-24-08- 129F SENT TO CSC

12-26-08- PACKAGE RECEIVED SIGNED BY: V SEMEGI

12-30-08- NOA1 SENT

12-31-08- MONEY ORDER CASHED

01-03-09- NOA1 HARDCOPY RECEIVED

01-02-09- TOUCHED

03-11-09 EMAIL APPROVAL/NOA2 WOW 71 DAYS ONLY!

03-14-09 NOA2 HARDCOPY IN MAIL

03-16-09 NVC IS WORKING ON IT.. GOT MY MNL CASE#

03-17-09 NVC FORWARDED CASE TO USEM

05-07-09 INTERVIEW FOR K1 VISA APPROVED

06-08-09 ARRIVAL AT LAX

06-22-09 APPLIED FOR SSN

06-26-09 WENT TO DMV OFFICE FOR ID

08-13-09 WEDDING DAY

11-01-09 USCIS RECEIVED MY I-485,I-765

11-06-09 NOTICE DATE/NOA1 SENT

11-12-09 I-485 TOUCHED

12-01-09 SCHEDULED BIOMETRICS

I-751 (LIFTING CONDITIONAL RESIDENT)

1-20-12 1-751 SENT TO CSC

1-21-12 CSC RECEIVED

1-23-12 NOA DATE

1-31-12 EARLY BIOMETRICS (ASC WILSHIRE) (ORIG FEB 14,2012)

Timeline

This is ######. A month and a half ago I made enough ,and now I don't. I just spent like 2 grand to go to see my SO (So that we could get photo's to prove we have been together, letter of intent from her,etc). Now I am going to see her in 18 day's (And I have to explain to her that I am no longer eligable). I can't find a sponser for her. And I do not think I could find a job/survivie in her country. I am very upset. I don't know what to do. $300 is going to keep me from being witht the woman I love.................................any advice?

Timeline

Then won't I have to wait until my next tax return (2009)? And then start the process that could take 6 month's to a year or longer? I drive bus, can I talk to my employer about offering her a job as a bus attended (sponser her).Would the US government accept that? I am totally lost here. I just don't know any one that would put their finance's on the line for a person they have never met before. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Edited by MatthewKMC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You do not need to wait for your tax return. So long as you have letters from your current employers stating your salary and position (part or full-time), you are just fine.

Your fiancée cannot act as a co-sponsor.

Timeline

Chill out man!Ok, You can use any assests you have.You can also use your savings.So $313 short right?You will need 3 times that.So if you have at least $939 in your savings then you will be ok.Of course though the more the better so start saving.

Edited by bissell_07

Timeline

What about my truck (It's old 1994 Chevy) and my motorcycle (1982 Harley sportster). They are both old but at least worth $1,000 together. My problem with a bank account is (I have bad credit) so if I opened up a bank account it would most likley be frozen. :-(

Your primary vehicle isn't going to help - they know it's not likely you'd sell it - and based on what you say the value is, the Harley won't help much either. Best advice (already given) is to find some way to supplement your income (part time job, another/different job).

Timeline
What about my truck (It's old 1994 Chevy) and my motorcycle (1982 Harley sportster). They are both old but at least worth $1,000 together. My problem with a bank account is (I have bad credit) so if I opened up a bank account it would most likley be frozen. :-(

Are you talking about a savings account or a checking account?Usually, unlike a checking account, you can open a savings account at a bank without them checking "checksystems", or whatever service they use. I would suggest going to a different bank from your current one going to new accounts and setting up a savings account. They usally require a minimum intinal deposit.You never know unless you try .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You won't get denied IF...

Your CURRENT income, at the time of filing the I-134 is above the limit. They go by CURRENT (meaning THAT DAY) verifiable income first. Your 2008 taxes will not be so important, not important at all really, IF your current income is sufficient. Employment letter and check stubs will do the trick. You are only a little more than $300 short. They WILL deny you for that, BUT f you have $900 in assets, it will offset the shortfall. Not so much, really. You have that much in the bank, correct? Maybe that much in equity in a car or other property. It should not be a problem. Even if someone was to give you a "gift" of $900 and you put it in your bank account and then get a bank letter showing current balance, you are good to go. And afterwards if you want to give this same person a "gift" of $900, hey that's your business. You don't need any gift letters, it isn't a mortgage, you just need to show assets of more than $900.

I have been warning about this increase for some time, I am really surprised it wasn't a bigger increase. I hope other VJers were holding off on taxes until now. The consulates will begin to use these new guidelines on April 1. You will also have to meet these qualifications for the I-864 when you adjust status within 90 days of her arrival.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
This is ######. A month and a half ago I made enough ,and now I don't. I just spent like 2 grand to go to see my SO (So that we could get photo's to prove we have been together, letter of intent from her,etc). Now I am going to see her in 18 day's (And I have to explain to her that I am no longer eligable). I can't find a sponser for her. And I do not think I could find a job/survivie in her country. I am very upset. I don't know what to do. $300 is going to keep me from being witht the woman I love.................................any advice?

First, it is NOT #####, whatever that means. They revise these numbers UP every March, which is why the published numbers state VERY CLEARLY when they are valid until. You didn't see that? And now it is ####### because you didn't read the guidelines?

And why would $300 keep you from being with anyone? You can not find a way to come up with $900 to be with the "woman you love" Yikes. Does SHE know this? "Sorry, sweetheart, I am simply not able to raise $900 in assets and so, well, bye-bye" Yeah, if I was a woman THAT would be "my kinda man!"

Stand up from your a$$ and go out and get a part time job to add to your income. Sell something you own to raise $900 and put it in the bank so you can show assets. Have a garage sale, for goodness sakes.

And while I am on my soap box...let me tell you something, the only thing ##### about these qualificaion numbers is that if you think you can really support a wife or family on these numbers, you are in for a big surprise. I earn MANY MANY times the amount needed for my family of 4 and we certainly are not "affluent". We have a budget and follow it closely. If you make 4-5 times the minimum it will not be enough for a comfortable life. You know you have to fork out another $1010 when she arrives, yes? And you know after you do this you have to meet the guidelines again with the I-864 form, yes? And you know there are there are many more expenses yet to come, yes? Maybe you have no clue what happens when a woman moves halfway 'round the world to be with you. My wife came with clothes and nothing else. What can they bring? Her electrical appliances wouldn't work here (except her computer) so we spent nearly $1000 the first two days she was here just to replace all the things she couldn't bring. Hey, blow dryers and irons and etc. etc adds up quick, and you think a bachelor has the stuff a woman needs? Dreamer.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.